Requesting donations

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Requesting donations

Post by Per »

As you may have noticed occasionally, the server that this forum is running has at times been resource constrained. We are using it for automatically building snapshots and releases, for tracking bugs, this forum, the games server, and several other tasks. So far the costs for running this server has been paid by a member of the team. We need to move to a better server, but this costs more money than one person should pay on their own.

We are therefore looking for people to help us out with this. Server rental expenses are recurring on a monthly basis, so if you could donate a small amount of money each month to help us run this show, we would be much appreciative. You can also donate once, if you want. The more money we get, the bigger and faster server we can afford. We will keep a list of donors, income and expenses updated publicly. Regular donors may get a special forum badge if we can find someone to draw one. You may of course be anonymous, if you want.

To help out in this manner, please go to http://donations.wz2100.net and click on the shiny new PayPal buttons.

Don't feel bad if you can't contribute monetarily, though. We know that not everyone has money to spare.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM the Staff account.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: Requesting donations

Post by Originway »

did you guys meet your goals already?
We currently receive USD $20 each month from supporters, our estimated monthly costs with the new server is USD $80, and we have $9,36 USD on hand.
is that $936 or $9,360?
if $936 then nice we are almost at 1 year mark
if $9,360 AMAZING! you guys are set for lots of years!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

That is supposed to be read as 9 dollars and 36 cents.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Originway wrote:
We currently receive USD $20 each month from supporters, our estimated monthly costs with the new server is USD $80, and we have $9,36 USD on hand.
is that $936 or $9,360?
if $936 then nice we are almost at 1 year mark
if $9,360 AMAZING! you guys are set for lots of years!
sorry but, :lol2:
9,36$ is more than clearly
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Delphinio wrote:sorry but, :lol2:
9,36$ is more than clearly
Only if you live in Europe. In the U.S., we use periods rather than commas. "Nine dollars and thirty-six cents" would be written as "$9.36".
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Per wrote:That is supposed to be read as 9 dollars and 36 cents.
$9.36? :oops:
what happens if you dudes don't get $80 a month?
what about putting ads on the site to generate income? that brings in $50 a month at another site I am on
http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/a ... nswer=9902
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Patience. We just got started. Now the amount is double.

We still need more donors, though, so please consider giving! :geek:
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Originway wrote:
Per wrote:That is supposed to be read as 9 dollars and 36 cents.
$9.36? :oops:
what happens if you dudes don't get $80 a month?
what about putting ads on the site to generate income? that brings in $50 a month at another site I am on
http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/a ... nswer=9902
they ask donation so they don't need to put some ads don't they? or other annoying things
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

The ads aren't annoying. I have 2 per topic on the forums I run. No one has a problem with them so far.

Adsense only pays out when the account reaches $100 which may take a few months depending on the traffic here. Adsense is a good bet. The ads can be big or small and fit well with either the site or the forum. You could even have a google search box on the front page to make a little extra.

You can check out how a double ad per thread looks here. It works better with the theme used here, but I think 2 ads per topic work well. It doesn't clutter and will help make a little bit. If you want to try it out but don't want to setup an adsense account let me know and I can setup a channel for here (for tracking clicks, etc.) you can try out for a few weeks or whatever.

Anyway, good luck on the donations :)
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xXSpecialsoulXx »

now you have my 5 dollars :3 GL in this ,and plp who play this we need your help
Slarty
New user

Post by Slarty »

I've just registered here to say thanks to all the guys who keep this game alive. I played this on ps1, got a PC, bought it for that and still play (not as much as I'd like). I donated my $5 (£3.37) to help you lot keep this site up and running and giving a place to get maps and updates for this excellent game. Well done guys :drinks:
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Re: ooops! wrong name!

Post by CDR Gantradies »

hey, i Recently made a $20USD monthly donation, and i used the wrong name ( i also go by Battlemeister, Mainly in the Battlefield games) ! the Donation Nickname was Battlemeister, would it be possible to change it to my Forum name?
:::Roses are red...::

::Violets are blue::

::I am schizophrenic::

::And so am I::
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Seems like I don't always get the nickname info you put in. But when this is missing, I send out an email to ask.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen please do consider my T-shirt proposal.

Maybe also a list of donors would be good? It would as always show how good and bad the situation is.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Merowingg wrote:Gentlemen please do consider my T-shirt proposal.
Make one, and we'd be happy to sell it through a site like Zazzle with the commission going to Warzone.
Merowingg wrote:Maybe also a list of donors would be good? It would as always show how good and bad the situation is.
Already done, see http://donations.wz2100.net/.