Let Me Introduce Myself....

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Let Me Introduce Myself....

Post by doom3r »

Hi all...
I just noticed I already posted 49 times in this forum, so I decided that the time has come for me to introduce myself here in my 50th post, even if some people here already knew me in-game. Never thought i would have posted so much.  ;D

So...
I'm from Lucca, Tuscany, Italy and I'm 16 years old. I first played Warzone 2100 in a pre-release demo [it was from 1998 I think] and I bought the complete psx game in 1999. So i began playing this game when I was about 7 years old. So yeah, I've been playing this game for half of my [short, for now] life. Warzone is part of me.  ::)
I'd like to help you guys to make wz even better, I have lots of ideas and I'd like to share them with you [like the now well-known "Drive" feature :D]
And, everyone, keep up the great work. Wz is becoming every day better.
I don't know what else i could say, so...

See you-

doomer

[As I always say, sorry if my english is not perfect.]
Commander_Keyes
Trained
Trained

Re: Let Me Introduce Myself....

Post by Commander_Keyes »

Ah. Im from switzerland, and probably we've got more italians here then italy.
That was a real population shift back in the time we built the Gotthard tunnel :D
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Welcome warzoneaholics! :D
and it ends here.
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

Hello doom3r and welcome to the wrp community.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

------>

* That long.... kwel, it's good to have folks that have been with it since day one. :)

* Yes.... the "Drive" feature..... definitely haven't given-up on it. I see it as a chunk of coal on the PC ver that is really a diamond in the rough in need of TLC and polishing.

* Welcome.

- RV :D

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Anyway, pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

EvilGuru wrote: Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

* Dang.... youz old ! ;)

* I know Keith Richards turned 64 last week & Micks gotta be right up there.. 'Course there's that whole fine vintage wine deal..

- RV :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

what's that?  ???
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

doom3r wrote: what's that?  ???
* Keith Richards & Mick Jagger's old "Rolling Stones" song..... I forget which album - "Sympathy For Devil" maybe.

- RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Yeah i thought i have heard about that, but i didnt remember where. Thanks for remembering me, rman
Audacitor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Audacitor »

You know, I was gonna start a new thread for my introduction, but since this one's already here, I hope people don't mind if I 'recycle' it.

I'm Audacitor, although many people shorten my name to Audi.  I am also 16 years old and only recently came upon Warzone (StumbleUpon rocks).  I have no prior history with Warzone, but I've checked out the FAQ and read the Wikipedia article, and I have a sketchy idea of the plot.

I'd like to contribute to the project.  I know you guys are looking for C programmers more than you are for graphic artists at the moment, but I'm not a C progger.  I'm a budding graphic artist.  I've had intermediate experience with Blender, so I can make high(er) quality models of in game units and structures for later use in the game or cutscenes.  I've also dabbled with Photoshop and Illustrator CS3, as well as a touch of Flash Animation.  Also, I've worked with both Audacity and Garageband, so I can create music (and not just with built-in riffs, I know how to make melodies from scratch).  I have two Shure SM58 Vocal Microphones, so I can record studio quality audio.  Finally, I'm highly experienced with XHTML and CSS, so I can help out with the website too, if needed.

Over the years, I've taken multiple cracks at trying to learn a scripting or programming language.  I know some basic concepts, like variables, data types, functions, and loops, but not enough in any one thing to actually make something useful.  Of course, this whole time I've been trying to learn from the Internet, but programming seems too vast and complex a skill to find free comprehensive documentation for, so I've broken down, and am expecting an Objective C book in a few weeks.  I'll purchase a C++ book while I'm at it.  What little progging XP I have lies in ActionScript 3.0, Javascript, AppleScript, and LSL (LSL is a proprietary scripting language for Linden Lab's Second Life.  I actually got very good at it, but in the end, the game really wasn't that great, and I lost interest and canceled my account).

For anyone who cares, my alignment is OS X > Linux > Windows and Firefox > Safari > IE.  RIP, Netscape Navigator.  I think pirates are far superior to ninjas, and I wear both a NINJ4 hoodie and a Power Symbol bandana.
TANSTAAFL
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Welcome... nice to know you are 16 too.

btw, im studying C on a book right now, i hope i can get in programming in... maybe... one year or two  :D
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

Hello Audacitor and welcome to this wz community.

As for your programmer skills you can just put them to good use and start modding some stuff for wz.
If it's good, it might get into the game and if you're good at debugging you could maybe join the team.
Best is to just start with doing stuff instead of waiting for invitations, everyone here will be helpfull to help you out learning the ins and outs of wz if you have the patience to learn it.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
jeomancer20
New user

Post by jeomancer20 »

WZ community is getting more better as what I expected before. This is the greatest community I've ever visited and joined. Hope WZ will be more better and bigger.

Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

More help with stuff is always appreciated. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Hint: Visiting the IRC channel on freenode (#warzone2100) may be useful for getting info on development stuff.