One for All and All for One! (players)

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: One for All and All for One! (players)

Post by Merowingg »

They will for sure will make maps like ours.

There will be various characters, it is already announced that to play Lara you will have to gain certain statistics.

3 gigabytes? I dont believe, maybe 30, but no 3. Guardian of the light has 3 gb and look how it looks. Here we have graphics, cinematics.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Compression..?

My understanding is that physical game will be on 3 dvds. Standard edition.

That they are not offering dvds for desktop comps (or LTs) is baffling. Hope they change that. My comp is way more powerful than PS 3 or Xbox 360 which is why I'm considering it but I'd much rather have dvd discs to a digital download.
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 19 Feb 2013, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Now I understand.

Rman are you on steam? The game is already there. Max payne 3 had 30 gigabytes, Hitman Absolution I think 19 gigabytes.

I think digital versions are the future, but at the same time I am afraid that, lets say in 10 years time let's say Steam will bancrupt, thay shut it down, and I have no game.

At the same time digital, and community as steam, give great opportunities, and is eye candy too.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Now I understand.

Rman are you on steam? The game is already there. Max payne 3 had 30 gigabytes, Hitman Absolution I think 19 gigabytes.

I think digital versions are the future, but at the same time I am afraid that, lets say in 10 years time let's say Steam will bancrupt, thay shut it down, and I have no game.

At the same time digital, and community as steam, give great opportunities, and is eye candy too.
Well I have a Steam account from way back in the day when Valve created it and I had no choice but to use it when I got their "Half Life 2" circa 2005 and I was very resistant to losing my independance. Ditto my fellings about DMR. I'm still resistant to that mandatory online tethering. I come from the days when none of that existed. When you bought a game you were not renting it. Got spoiled with that freedom, I guess. Which I dare say you have with anything you buy except for software. :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well I have came across Steam accidentally, when I bought a game in a supermarket with cheap stuff, for very little money, it was Warhammer 40 000 Down of War 2. And while I was installing it, it told me to instal Steam. It was about over a year ago. Untill then I had no idea what it is.

I am also one of those who like to see boxes on a shelf, and even smell the paper both of magazines and even game instructions. But Steam turned out to be grat for me. I like its layout. And how it works. Even this easyness to invite pople to your multiplayer game is so cool. And all sort of notifications.

On the other hand as you said there is a lot of those tricky maters of sharing and so on. And I also have this fear what in 15 years time? Will it still exist?

Steam has alread forty millions accounts. Ten of them active all the time. Usually there is between three million, to five during a week online. There are cool statistics :)

Also the sales are great, yu can sometimes buy game for hundreds of hours of playing for five euro, and it is still beneficial for me to buy a game in euro, as games are in my country are very expensive.

Now on steam there are more and more programms to be bought, many of them very popular.

Alsio a lot of free to play games is available, with no hidden paying.

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Well it sounds like Steam has worked out really well for you. :3

One thing I can truely appreciate about it is the exposure it affords Indie Deved games. Anyyhing that helps Indies survive and prosper, I'm all for. :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well it sounds like Steam has worked out really well for you. :3
It sounds so strongly for me like - yes Mero it seems to work so well for you and you only, but keep me away from it ;)

Yes, there is a lot of indie games, some of them extraordinary, and I have them. They have separate section for them.

The machine seem to work well.

Some indie are for like 2,99 Euro. I saw even 1,99

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

So let's Tomb Rider more :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7eghLV ... r_embedded

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_tr ... eborn.html

And some screens.

http://imgur.com/a/kjgd3#0

Rman, maybe there is a discount when you buy two? or seven? :)

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Outstanding, all the way around. :) Down to the hair rendering. ;) The visual artistry is quite breathtaking. And that's no hyperbole. Just hope the codeing artistry, as well the artistry of all the other disciplines involved in the production, is up to the same level... or at least close enough.

Also wish they'd change their minds and release the WIN version on dvds. I really don't get the digital only dl for the PC. O_o I'm sure they have their reasons and that it probably involves a cost benefit analysis in their favor to up their profit margins to recoup for the many years of dev investment, but still.... :hmm: (Wonder if they cracked the 100 million US $ threshold in outlay..?)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Man I will take it on a stone plate if necessary ;) even on a rotten tomato ;)

But indeed cool box wit a cool lookin Lara! would look ver very cool on a cool shelf :) cool :)

Lata is one thing, about two weeks ago CD Project RED our polish studio announced in a trailer that!!

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The Witcher 3 is being worked on! Most importantly it will have open word, which was the main and only drawback of The Witcher 2.

Even firs screen appeared.

Lara would like Geralt I am sure :) Geralt has easier, he loves all women ;) I do not know you have started reading the book yet.

And new Assassin's Creed see mto be prepared, with a subtitle Black Flag, and there is to be a lot of sea and pirates :3

I did not manage to finish Brotherhood yet, soon I will not manage to be up to date ;)

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I will get Witcher 3 as soon as it's out there. :)

I haven't started the Witcher books yet because I've been hooked on the fantasy novels of a guy I discovered accidently by the name of Brent Weeks.

Finished his "Night Angel Trilogy" - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031620 ... ttom_links

Main character is an assaisin for hire. Outstanding fantasy.

Now I'm into the second novel of his new Lightbringer Trilogy werein he creates one of the most original systems of magic I've ever come across in fantasy. Would make make for the basis of a unique RPG. Bioware devs would do it justice I think.

About halfway through the second novel. When done, it will be a year before the 3rd volume is published so I'll take that opportunity to get into the Witcher books.

Here are links to the first 2 novels of the Lightbringer trilogy and Brent Weeks web site.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Prism-Light ... mp_title_0

http://www.amazon.com/Blinding-Knife-Li ... pd_sim_b_1

His author's web site has some cool stuff on writeing fantasy:

http://www.brentweeks.com/extras/writin ... ng-advice/

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Not good, it took me so many days to visit this one..

Rman, but did you finish any of the Witchers games? It is strongly advisable, not due to the plot, as the first one is from the books, the second one not at all almost. But to understand the very spirit.

Do read the books man, you will help me with my Master's Degree ;) I have to look at the links form you soon, as the battle dirt from my exams slowly fall down.

I have also looked at the links from you now. Look really interesting.

Can one make 24 hours into 100 for me a day? ;)

Regards - Mero
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

I will get Witcher 3 as soon as it's out there. :)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inx ... f-numenera almost $2 million in under 1 day!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Really nice. Even if 800 millions.

The story is. Poland has maybe two studios worth looking at. And their budget is below low. It is due to our devastated market and many other things. Our studios does not have millions for a commercial all over the word, includin Magazines with furnitures.

However with the Wither 1 game they broke the rule, and for the Witcher 2 they wrote entire new engine starting from scratch. They have gain yet another success and they are preparing for third part. The Witcher 2 game, was being talked in almost all countries and major connected with gaming magazines.

To sum up, for our Polish reality, the studio made amazing thing, almost unreachable withch what they had.

I am just pointing things, and recommending both the books, and the games :)

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

WOW...almost 2 million in under a day. That's mighty impressive. :3

Mero I went straight to Witcher 2 Premium Edition and run it under XP. (And still have to do that last major enhancement patch. CD PROJEKT is a great developer in my book. For so many reasons, not the least for removing DMR in all releases 'cept for the one through Steam.)

It's one of only 2 RPGs I play. It is a truely special game. CD PROJEKT uses Bioware's Aurora engine and they for sure taught Bioware a few things in '07 about how to create an RPG. That's high praise indeed because I think Bioware is one of the top ten game developers of all time.

I too wish there were a 100 hours in a day. :hmm:

For years I made do with just 3-4 hours of sleep a day giving myself a good 20 hours a day awake to do a lot of stuff. But that's changed the last 6 months. I need to sleep at least 8 hours a day now. Means I can't do as much so I have to pick my spots with more mindfulness.

Sometimes the choices are hard between activities I love equally but don't have the time to do 'em all. This will change sometime in the coming months but for now I'm focused on keeping up my creative chops by - creating. If I let that slip away or slide too much, it makes me unhappy in a fundamental way. (As it is I haven't spent much time in this interval making music and it's seriously starting to worry me.)

So for right now I'm reading much more non-fiction than fiction, feeding the beast's insatiable curiosity (which in turn is essential fodder for the subconcious to work its creative magic) and spending more energy creating in different disciplines over any time I spend gaming or watching movies and shows (or even just going out and socializing at my favorite watering holes). That's the balancing act (with a fair bit of sacrificing) for now because of the shift a few months back in my job and sleep schedule.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo