3.1.0 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 3.1.0 has been released!

Post by Nagajo »

Hello everyone good work i wait it so much , thx you all for you work :)
But there is some kind of a bug maybe i don''t now but i try to show you this on screen shot , this happened when i return from last mission i build some tanks in last mission to destroy enemy base in this mission and they appear in right corner of the map it was really funny :) but not all of them i build 30 of them 20 appear in left corner and 10 stay on base :) :P
Attachments
Maybe Bug :)
Maybe Bug :)
Last edited by Nagajo on 21 Jan 2013, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagajo »

Hello everyone good work i wait it so much , thx you all for you work :)
But there is some kind of a bug maybe i don''t now but i try to show you this on screen shot , this happened when i return from last mission i build some tanks in last mission to destroy enemy base in this mission and they appear in right corner of the map it was really funny :) but not all of them i build 30 of them 20 appear in left corner and 10 stay on base :) :P
Attachments
wz2100-20130121_131037-CAM_1C.jpg
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

there is a ticket for this bug, http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2398 I get this issue too in the latest stable release, the only fix I know of, is to bring any produced units like trucks to the away mission, so they are parted on the LZ in the next mission, annoying that is sometimes, this bug has been doing the rounds for some time, at least in the 3 versions,
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagajo »

matthewfarmery wrote:there is a ticket for this bug, http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2398 I get this issue too in the latest stable release, the only fix I know of, is to bring any produced units like trucks to the away mission, so they are parted on the LZ in the next mission, annoying that is sometimes, this bug has been doing the rounds for some time, at least in the 3 versions,
thx man :) for reply :)
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

3.1.0. runs quite perfect, smooth and stable on my Mac. :-)
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Thanks for yet another great build. Some things I noticed:

- Tanks/Droids when attacked won't respond (either return fire or move) allowing them to be picked off unless you're good at watching the entire map.

- Enemy Tanks/Droids can sometimes appear invisible, especially if just inside the fog of war.

(I assume the two above has something to do with the (possibly changed) sensor mechanics, if so that's fine but is there anyway to script player controlled unit behavior to react to incoming fire? At least run in circles like they used to?)

- Formation speed limiting has been removed for quite some time now I belive but if theres any chance of getting it back (even if for just single player skirmish/campaign) I'd personally look forward to it rather than having to mirco-manage my units travel)

I have yet to try the multiplayer but if 98% of the sync problems are gone then losing the above + some is 100% worth it.

@Noq, I love Nullibot although it's still too resource intensive to run many at a time for a very intersting game. (I'm running on a 4.0 intel i7). I wonder if there would ever be some way of running the ai independent from wz and receiving information/sending commands through an api to make use of multiple threads? It's probably too problem prone to be realistic is my guess anyway, even if by some chance the code fairies dropped the code into our laps.

Also, and I might request this in the features thread, is there any way to replace the "z" sensors toggle (that I believe has been removed) with the "sensors" cheat? Even in multiplayer? I'm sure some who know the game in exact tile measurments might dis-agree but I don't really percieve it as a cheat. I'd like to be able to plan bases/attacks around sensor ranges and weapon ranges and I don't always remember or have a good idea of the ranges. Plus, every so often for balancing purposes the ranges change right?
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

It is a long time ago I have seen some sort of fog in Warzone. Has it been removed? Can not find any options to turn on any fog. :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ive got a big problem.
crap.PNG
Is ti asking me to update my video driver? cause if it is, i cant. last time i updated, the new driver caused my computer to crash EVERY time i open ANYTHING!!!

does this mean im stuck with the last beta? O_o
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

themac wrote:It is a long time ago I have seen some sort of fog in Warzone. Has it been removed? Can not find any options to turn on any fog. :)
I'm also missing the colored fog, i remember how it was removed at some point, but don't remember why (though some reason was given). Could anybody remind me?
Spyro_Drag wrote:Is ti asking me to update my video driver?
Seems so, depends on contents of the .rpt file mentioned. Try disabling shaders (in the config file) or something like that.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Spyro_Drag wrote:ive got a big problem.
:?
I strongly recommend that the development team make this a warning. Allow the game to continue to load after this occurs.
if it's going to fail, it's going to fail. Give the poor players the chance to try it. It would not be the first time it was actually possible to play the game without this requirement. Legacy drops it all in console warnings. It gets logged for me or the other devs to debug so I know why it might fail to load, and it allows the poor player to at least have a go at it. Just a suggestion.
Also known as Subsentient.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@NoQ: I cant possibly say how thankful i am :3

it works.... IT WORKS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

just one question. why is the config file un-labled? usually files like that come with a ".cfg" or ".txt" i almost forgot how to open the darn thing.

Regurding Bendibs post, i think it should be allowd to load as well, then people could dissable the shaders with out opening the config file ans wasting a bunch of time. add some sort of "in game" wrning saying "some systems may not handle shaders well. if your system fails to load a game try disabling before playing." or something.

EDIT: new problem, i cant get the sound or the videos to work, i dl'ed the low quality vids and placed them in the main install folder (that right, right?) and the game seems to dismiss it. regarding the music and sounds, ive maxed the volume thinking it would help, but no go. any advice as how to fix it?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Spyro_Drag wrote:@NoQ: I cant possibly say how thankful i am :3

it works.... IT WORKS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

just one question. why is the config file un-labled? usually files like that come with a ".cfg" or ".txt" i almost forgot how to open the darn thing.

Regurding Bendibs post, i think it should be allowd to load as well, then people could dissable the shaders with out opening the config file ans wasting a bunch of time. add some sort of "in game" wrning saying "some systems may not handle shaders well. if your system fails to load a game try disabling before playing." or something.

EDIT: new problem, i cant get the sound or the videos to work, i dl'ed the low quality vids and placed them in the main install folder (that right, right?) and the game seems to dismiss it. regarding the music and sounds, ive maxed the volume thinking it would help, but no go. any advice as how to fix it?
what kind of system do you have?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

just noticed that warzone is in 13th place on sourceforge we need to break the top 10!
the windows downloads are almost 18 times the amount of the mac downloads :shock: macs have not even broken 500 download yet :oops:
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

I am using a Win XP pro SP 3
stats.PNG
with a Sound Blaster card.

Up till this latest version, iv never had issues with sound. did something change between this and the beta that may have something to do with sound?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Originway: Most mac users have now become accustomed to using the mac store for most of their s/w. If it's not in there, many assume it doesn't exist :(
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO