Is researching Research too easy?

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Is researching Research too easy?

Post by Iluvalar »

I totally disagree with that. Simpler tech tree allow players to have more choices. Since they don't need to pay for a speed boost to unlock a flamer. They are free to explore. experiment and develop their very own style. This fact create new situtations. Those new challenges require just a much if not more understanding of the tech tree to find a decent counter in a decent amount of time.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote: Simpler tech tree allow players to have more choices.
If with a simple tech tree you mean a tech tree with few prerequisites, then it doesn't allow players to have more choices, it allows players to advance in a research line faster. That would create a "researching rush" like in NRS, so noobs would lose always against decent or pro players, because noobs research like three different type of weapons.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh, you're saying that in standard game anybody who researches "three different type of weapons" doesn't die? Or are you saying that there is no "research rushing" in standard game?
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

NoQ wrote:Oh, you're saying that in standard game anybody who researches "three different type of weapons" doesn't die?
Just that it makes it even worse.
Or are you saying that there is no "research rushing" in standard game?
I am saying that there would be more research rushing.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Giani, you are still not thinking clearly and still relating horns to pancakes. Not sure what causes that, but every time i read a post of yours about balance, i feel complete pointlessness of any logical argument. It is completely obvious that, for instance, research rushing is caused only by existence of techs that are effective comparatively to their hardness to research, but neither by their effectiveness alone, nor their easiness to research alone. I'm tired, so i won't proceed with this sort of discussion with you.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

aubergine wrote:IMHO there needs to be some oddities in there, little nooks and crannies that most people don't know about, little tricks that more experienced players can turn to their advantage.
Giani wrote:so noobs would lose always against decent or pro players.
PS: Giani is wrong about the "research rush" in NRS since you can win with nothing but free research. (the smg).
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.