X mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: X mod

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Try opening the files on Wordpad instead of Notepad. They should be organized correctly on Wordpad.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

It's a common problem with notepad. It cannot open files made on linux properly. This is due to the LF vs CRLF problem.
That is, CR is a special character for mechanical typewriters, which notepad still uses but no other program needs.
As shadow wolf said: use wordpad, or even better: get notepad++, it's probably the best txt editor for windows and it's free.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

wordpad opens as it should. tried. replaced cyborg super model, start the game, it feels good. but opened the game has taken off the menu factory. log attached
Attachments
Warzone2100.RPT
(30.28 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Sorry for my english
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

is someone going to convert this to be playable on 3.1.0?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I could, possibly. I believe the .pie files (the models) will have to be converted to the .pie formatting that 3.1 uses.

No idea how that's done, either. One of the people doing models here (Berg, etc) would be in a better position to say what's needed or not.

Aside from that, it's just a matter of giving them unique names and stuff in the dataset. It's not easy, per se, but quite do-able.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Xenon bad boy, reappear man. You did something really good, so now take care of it! I dare you :)

I havent seen you for ages :hmm: I havent played with you for thousands of years :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

figured out what all the problems were. The game crashes with the mod because I polygon are plotted as squares in most cases, for older versions of the game is perfectly suited to versions higher than 2.3.1. What was the change in consequence of which such models are no longer loaded and loaded model only those polygons which are divided into triangles. Previously, all the models were not divided into triangular polygons, but how it all translated into triangular mapping, wondering how it was done and what program? Just incompatible with the game my mod made ​​what was introduced tc-masks for color teams.
Sorry for my english
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

The tool is here https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... implipie.c
me no load 4 point poly me solly

you can update your mod models with simplipie.c compile it the instructions are inside the file if you have it conpiled run it with the --help flag it should give you info you need

But I think its simplipie filein fileout.

little more info there viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7991&p=82077&hilit=simplipie#p82074

The origination of Tcmask was here and how to do it http://forums.wz2100.nhttp://developer. ... ask#p50257
There is a wiki page about( http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TeamColourMasks )that requirements but I think its slightly dated as of now see date on this post you dont need to add entries in your wrf files for new textures the game code sorts that out now from what images are named in the pie files if you have the 10000 flag on the pie files it must have a tcmask texture see link and wiki.

Regards Berg
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Merowingg wrote:Xenon bad boy, reappear man. You did something really good, so now take care of it! I dare you :)

I havent seen you for ages :hmm: I havent played with you for thousands of years :hmm:
Now where is Merowingg?
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

Berg,
I realized for the first link is the source code, I am not able to understand. Is there a workable program that translates the polygons of 4 or more points in triangles by 3 points?
Sorry for my english
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

It's a damn shame to just let this extraordinary eye candy of a MOD die...
I'm amazed that nobody made any effort to port this over to the current game versions 3.1.x and 3.2.x
From what I read here, it's a question of .PIE files, something to do with polygons...
Come on guys, somebody must know how and be willing to update this mod for us to enjoy!!!
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...