Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Post by aubergine »

I'm really liking these intricate maze maps, and WarPod looks impressive too! :D

On MountainScavs I was wondering what effect would be of making the inner high ground only accessible with hover and vtols? So most ramps to it would be blocked by water preventing non-hover land units getting to them? Or maybe make the outer (map border) high ground have a bit in the middle that requires hover propulsion to get from one side to the other, to prevent early rush to enemy base via the border? (seems too direct a short cut IMHO) Note: I wouldn't replace the existing map, but maybe release an alternate version of it? Also, would you consider a rainforest tileset version of the map?

You mentioned not knowing how to make challenges for the 2p Air Dominance map - hopefully this will help: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... enge+Games
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Thanks for the feedback Aubergine, much apreciated.
Had been wondering what to do with the border on MountainScavs. Think I might try the water idea if I can get it cascading down the cliffs. I do like that as an extra route. :)
I've really liked the new tilesets. I've downloaded and played the maps by @felipe and love the look of them. One question, I don't have the tilesets/mods downloaded; yet I was able to play his Hell and Auberforest maps in their intended glory. So are there tilesets I can download and use in Flame or is there a certain coding I need to place somewhere that triggers it??? O_o

Got some great ideas for volcanic landscapes and love the cracked lava look of the ground in Hell so I'm really keen to get creating some maps rendered with these landscapes.

I'll definitely have a look at the challenge developing link and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks again XD
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'm not sure how the tilesets work, I think it's just if the .png files are in the relevant folder in the map mod, they get used automatically when that map gets used (or something like that).

As for the palm trees, I think those needed extra changes to .wrf files or something (NoQ or felipe will know).

If you find out, please let me know and I'll add notes to the wiki. I think NoQ might have added some already: http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/ModdingTilesets
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

WarPod7 looks really cool :3

I like the way, let me say, "the pattern" of your maps, but still I dont even try to say what I mean here.

So far I have seen only the previews.

Very nice Sir :)

Aubergine :) soon you will want Warzone Rain Forest 2100 ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks again. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Thanks a lot gents.

Always love the feedback :D
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Yes I like you style!!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in releasing these maps, been very busy on the run up to the festive season at work :stressed: . I have been testing the following maps as well so its not all been boring. :lol2:
I have converted some of my previous maps and altered them slightly to run with the Hell mod :evil: . I've also created 2 maps using Hell and Paradise mods. I'm pleased with the results but as always want to hear YOUR feedback. :lecture:
I post the following four maps with the mods written in, hence the large file sizes. I will happily post the maps without the mods in them if this is preferable to those who have the mods installed in Warzone already. :?: :?:

Seasons greetings everyone... Have a HELL of a New Year. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Atols Of Hell

HELL Mod built in. Converted my RockyAtols map inline with requirements for the Hell Mod. This took absolutely ages but really worth it I think as the original seems to be my most popular map. Hope you all like this version just as much.
8c-AtolsOfHell1.png
AtolsOfHell Screenshot.png
8c-AtolsOfHell.wz
(3.91 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

LavaCanyon:

HELL Mod built in.
Completely new map :D
Four bases in the corners and an island in the centre of the lava flow. Medium amount of oil reserves. VTOLs and Hovers are the only means of transport here people.
4c-LavaCanyon.png
LavaCanyon Screenshot.png
4c-LavaCanyon.wz
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 348 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

VolcanoScavs:

HELL Mod built in.
A large, high oil map based on my previous map MountainScavs.
Here though I have opened up the centre of the map to allow a raised area for the Scavs and lots more oil. Really like how the lava flows up the cliffs in places!!
4c-VolcanoScavs.png
VolcanoScavs Screenshot.png
4c-VolcanoScavs.wz
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Skull Island:

PARADISE Mod built in.
A vast me hearties, Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!! Time to pretend you’re a Pirate and battle for your lives. Four islands as skull and crossbones and peaks as broken teeth!! Palm trees abound the edges of each island and some cliffs on the skull offer slight protection. Centre island has some more oils to fight over.
4c-SkullIsland.png
SkullIsland Screenshot.png
4c-SkullIslands.wz
(4.71 MiB) Downloaded 282 times
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Slartifartbarstud wrote:Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in releasing these maps, been very busy on the run up to the festive season at work :stressed:

Seasons greetings everyone... Have a HELL of a New Year. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Take your time, no problem, we all appreciate the hard work you and everyone else does to improve and add new content to WZ2100. Thanks a lot Slartifartbarstud and Seasons Greetings to you also. :) :bow2: :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Thanks a lot sg1efc most kind of you :D
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Slartifartbarstud wrote:Thanks a lot sg1efc most kind of you :D
Nope, most kind of You to make maps for us. :wink: :wink: :)