Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

ADMIRALLORDHOOD I advice you to describe your problem in detail either on the help forum, or in the mapping modding section.

I am using Windows 7 now, I am runnig FlaMe on it for months without any problems. I dare to assume it is you who do something wrong. My assumption is based on the fact that wthousands of questions were asked about certainb things, although they are described in FlaMe thread, or in the field related, and aswered the same number of times. Even I ask some, and I need them repeated sometimes.

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The Simplicity map, is intended to be very simple, especially in terms of terrain. But it is you who will decide about that :3

The bases are located very near to each other and moved toward centre, which makes it very easier to be attacked from any side. You have to not only manage within the base, but also protect your base from every side especially when advanced bases are turned on. Each base has two external outposts, use them wisely :3

The map is for eight players, and can be used for extreme FAA. It is 200x200. 22 oils per player, 8 oils is located in base, or shall I say near the trucks when the advanced bases are off. The rest is located both in front and behind the bases, and near its outside corners. Advanced bases are included. Each base is double walled and has four entrances. Each base is protected by mahinegun guard towers and Vindicator SAM 2 AA sites. Gateways are included.

When you will start a game with no advanced bases, it trains a lot of management skills as you are basically protected by nothing.

Have fun :)

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam.
wz2100-20121017_163328-Mero_Simplicity-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Simplicity.wz
So simple, but truly? :)
(79.13 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

How are the maps being played? any support? opinion? :hmm:

I am happy to present the Inception map. It is called inception as it constantly creates from its centre :3 ;) maybe one day the 12 players version? :hmm: ;)

The map is for eight players. 200x200. Advanced bases with basic defence including SAM AA are included. And gateways of course. 21,5 oils per player. 10 oils in exact base.

And here goes the very important part.

!!!text!!! On no account players 4, 5 and then 6, 7 can be blaced next to each ather while in oposite teams and when advanced bases are turned on. Even if the advanced bases are off, the same players placement is not recommended but possible. But it is a little bit insane then, yet still possible. If you will insist on placing separate players on the "island" then at least place them at the opposite corners and only two of them.

The map is intended for battles between those outside with those inside the map, and that is why the map has specific base numbering. It proved to be quite good for games between good players with beginning players, it is you who will decide who go where in such games depending on your game aim.
!!!text!!!

Of course you will use it as you wish, but you have been advised ;)

The map is very good for team wars and learning cooperation on both sides.

Have fun :)
wz2100-20121020_094318-Mero_Inception-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Inception.wz
Will it grow more? :)
(66.28 KiB) Downloaded 459 times

Regards - Mero
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

I could tell there was another map on its way by the fact that you hadn't posted or replied in the past 2 days. Will try to play the new map, I really like Mero_Star, the two bases merged into one make for great player on player games.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi ADMIRALLORDHOOD :)

Well I was lucky to have some more free time. Unfortunatelly recently silence here is not always due to creating a map, but numerous life tasks. I have studies on weekends next two weeks, but at the same time I would like to realise two new ideas, so we will see. Sometimes it is easy, the other day it is harder to accomplish.

Yes Mero_Star was design to teach players cooperation, and show how important it is to help each other. Also it is fun to be with a friend mixed in one base.

Greetings,

Mero, RekamPam

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have decided to make few not symmetric maps, and not log after that a cool idea of a symmetric map came to my mind so I am confused now :kez_11:

Meanwhile I have Created the Dragon Tail map. It is called Dragon Tail because the circular cliff with its river is called so since the scavengers built their border through it in late 2100 :lecture: :3 They call is Dragon Tail because it looks a litle bit like rolled tail of enormous dragon. And who knows what is it, and what was created and died after radiation :lecture: :3

The map is 180x180, and as few may say, finally not symmetric and for four players so the holiday is even bigger ;)

The map is 17 oils per player, four oils are available only by hovers or landing an engineer. Basic defence structures and very basic advanced bases are included. There is five oils in each base. Scavengers are included. They have very thin borderline but very well defended especially in terms of variety of almost all of their defence technology.

Have Fun :)
wz2100-20121026_131533-Mero_DragonTail-T1.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_DragonTail.wz
Where is the dragon then? ;)
(63.59 KiB) Downloaded 531 times

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Looks like a nice map, will try it this evening :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am happy to hear Sir. If you happen to play it, please tell me what do you think with some details.

I am strongly considering trying some not symmetrical things. I think I have avoided this topic due to some reasons of mine, or rather fears of not fulfilling the task correctly. Hard to explain.

Let me sneak some additional information as I am stil affected. :ninja: I do recommend the newest Bond Skyfall movie. I think it is the best Bond with Craig so far. Very mature and well setted plot. I saw no exaggeration in effects. Dark or far darker than Pierce, Craig fits well to the role. Humour and texts, as well as tribute served from time to time to old Bond parts is just great. :ninja:

I am having lectures this weekend so mapmaing activiti will be postponed to next week.

Greeting to all players.

Regards,

Mero RekamPam

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Well, I have just finished playing it at it is indeed a most excellent map! It would maybe be nice to allow the scavs access to the oil in the middle - it requires hover currently, which scavs don't have (possibly just place the derricks ready built for them?), and maybe fewer scav walls and maybe a few more scav factories, otherwise their middle defences are slow to regenerate.

Learning the locations of the oils took some time, but once I got plenty of oil the game was "full-on", right until the last enemy was defeated, with NullBots running around all over the place and lots of land battles over oil.

The terrain design was most pleasing, with lots of varied land arrangements - some difficult to defend, some easy. I would heartily recommend the map for bundling with WZ.

EDIT: The map is also helping me find lots of bugs in my slowly-developing EggPlant API :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen :)

I have decided to make few not symmetric maps, and not log after that a cool idea of a symmetric map came to my mind so I am confused now :kez_11:

Meanwhile I have Created the Dragon Tail map. It is called Dragon Tail because the circular cliff with its river is called so since the scavengers built their border through it in late 2100 :lecture: :3 They call is Dragon Tail because it looks a litle bit like rolled tail of enormous dragon. And who knows what is it, and what was created and died after radiation :lecture: :3

The map is 180x180, and as few may say, finally not symmetric and for four players so the holiday is even bigger ;)

The map is 17 oils per player, four oils are available only by hovers or landing an engineer. Basic defence structures and very basic advanced bases are included. There is five oils in each base. Scavengers are included. They have very thin borderline but very well defended especially in terms of variety of almost all of their defence technology.

Have Fun :)
wz2100-20121026_131533-Mero_DragonTail-T1.png
Looks nice. Downloaded :D
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Dragon Tail looks interesting. However, the first game I played with AIs (2vs2) was rather boring. I chose player 3, as he seems to have the best defensive position (and I play rather defensive). I hurried for oil, then set up a couple of MG pits at the end of the plateau where the enemy would come from and researched MG tech. When the first AI rush came, they were quite underpowered. Of course: they had been traveling a bit, must have broken the scavenger line somewhere and probably hadn't upgraded the MGs much yet (they had pod rockets though, which I hadn't). Probably like 30 units - I didn't have a single armed unit yet. I set my trucks to build the just researched mortar pits (one got finished) and some more MG pits in a second line and built HMG-Cobras-Halftracks and sent them out to stop them from getting to my main base (I even added new MG pits on my base!). I totally overestimated the attack force. They destroyed like 5 pits and 2 trucks before meeting my first HMG half-way, and then just got shreddered.
I believe player 3 might have a certain advantage on this map. If he sets up defenses on the plateau, an AI attack will always come through there (at least when player 2 is not playing too bad). My suggestion is rather simple: open up the cliff somewhere, so that player 3 could be attacked from the north-east, and needs to also defend that attack vector. The other players all seem to have defend three directions (where one is towards the allied player)

If this also plays a role for human players I can't really tell. But it seems to me just fair to open the cliffs there.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I think opening the cliffs near slot 3 would also help AIs in that position attack slot 1 better.

I chose to play in slot 1 because it had some clear choke point advantages, the AI in slot 3 was generally forced to travel to slot 1 via the central area of the map, costing it extra time and thus allowing slot 1 to get up bigger army or build more base defences.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello aubergine :)
Well, I have just finished playing it at it is indeed a most excellent map! It would maybe be nice to allow the scavs access to the oil in the middle - it requires hover currently, which scavs don't have (possibly just place the derricks ready built for them?)
But does in fact bigger oil placement for the Scavengers incrise their abilities in any way, or is it just to make it look nice, fit the rest, not annoy by pulse appearance on the minimap?
and maybe a few more scav factories, otherwise their middle defences are slow to regenerate.
I have placed only two of them, and it is one of very few maps where i placed so few of them. I wanted some parts of the wall to be less fierce. To allow a player find easier way. I always want players to think a little on a map.
The terrain design was most pleasing, with lots of varied land arrangements - some difficult to defend, some easy. I would heartily recommend the map for bundling with WZ.
I am very happy to hear. :thank_you:
The map is also helping me find lots of bugs in my slowly-developing EggPlant API :)
What is it? And I am confused what to say, but the faster you make it faster the better :)
Looks nice. Downloaded :D
:thank_you:

hello raycast :)

It is not a symmetrical map. So there always wil be a player, or more who will have a sort of disadvantage, or will be yelled of bad position. I know it is always some sort of perfect to make equal not symmetrical map, but will it be not symmetrical then, or do we need such factor always?

I knew while making the highest plateau that it will cause some trouble, it is its nature. I rather would like the maps were played by people with people, but some cannot, or simply chose not to. But wouldn't situation of AI 3 would learn something players while playing the game?

To sum up I agree with you, almost entirely :3 but it is really rarely when I change a map. But I am really happy to have so nice feedback. I always take into account what others say and try to implement or learn from in the future.

Thank you Gentlemen, I hope you dont get me wrong :3

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

P.S.

I think I will change the map, I will decide today if the cliffs will go down.

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Here it is, as requested improved Dragon Tail V2 map :3

It is identical as the oryginal map with three small differences.

1) Scavengers have two oil derricks on the island in the very centre of the map.
2) Scavengers has two more factories, as a result there is four of them.
3) The cliffs near player 3 base were removed in three places to make the third base player easier way to the rest of the map.

Enjoy :)
wz2100-20121101_203708-Mero_DragonTail2-T1.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_DragonTail2.wz
Improved Dragon Tail :)
(63.73 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

Regards - Mero