need help on with Beta Base mission: capture NASDA central

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
skeleman
Greenhorn

need help on with Beta Base mission: capture NASDA central

Post by skeleman »

I am on "Beta base mission: capture NASDA central". I for the life of me can't figure out how to complete this level. I keep getting destroyed by the rockets, how do I prevent this?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: need help on with Beta Base mission: capture NASDA centr

Post by lav_coyote25 »

duck.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Have you tried the walkthrough in the guide? Click on the Guide tab at the top of this page, you'll see a link to the walkthrough on that page.
Last edited by JDW on 26 Oct 2010, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
skeleman
Greenhorn

Post by skeleman »

Thanks, I looked at the walk through which I didn't know about which helps, but gives no mention of the constant rocket fire that destroys everything I build and my units. Does anyone have any advice on this? I apologize if this is a novice question but would appreciate any suggestions!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

skeleman wrote: I apologize if this is a novice question but would appreciate any suggestions!
Dude, relax, no need to feel sorry about asking for help. And someone who has actually played the campaign (that rules me out) will surely help you out with that soon.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just don't get too close. Ripples don't see you at your LZ. Then destroy them with a few BB VTOLs. VTOLs really rock on this level. And, well, use stronger tanks. Python tracks probably.
Djoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Djoe »

There is a sensor tower to the northwest just outside your base. knock it down and the rockets won't shoot your base up any more.
skeleman
Greenhorn

Post by skeleman »

Thanks for the help! I knocked out the tower closest to my LZ and the rocket barrage stopped. It was a challenging board. I was confused with some of the advice from the "walk through" though, it says that there is no time limit on this level but there was.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

skeleman wrote:Thanks for the help! I knocked out the tower closest to my LZ and the rocket barrage stopped. It was a challenging board. I was confused with some of the advice from the "walk through" though, it says that there is no time limit on this level but there was.
... eh?

I just re-read my BETA7 stage, and I don't see any mention of a non-existant time limit. The only stages in the game with no time limit is early ALPHA, and the very last stage (after liftoff)
Djoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Djoe »

You're welcome.
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Project »

Yeah I have been replaying the campaign and was amazed at the cheesiness of that level. You have to ship in units and hide them right at the top of the LZ before you have enough to push out. After that you can build repair sites as your units shield them from artillery.
TheDarkOne
New user

Post by TheDarkOne »

Use lots of heavy tanks. Python/Tracks/Anything can usually survive the artillery fire and retreat. Also, when you are on the plateau, go for the artillery as soon as you clear a path.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Wow you better look at the last date before you post.
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie