Maps by Spyro_Drag

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok...................... i have discorverd that the new textures in the beta warzone cause my computer great greif, so i am currently trying to mod my copy so that it dosent "blend" textures the way it does, but, (and i did this only by tweking my graphics card a bit, and this may mess me up latter) i have been able to test my latest map and i have found out that the Custom truck and custom kings tanks do not work well, the truck does not get to keep the twin assault gun as its defencive turret, and the king does not keep its other turret. so i might put out a new version soon, i just wish there was a built in option to dissable the new texture options, yes they are very pritty, but they are not compatible with my current hardware settings. so.... that sucks.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Ok so ive decided to make my own tileset... but sofar all ive done is make the PNG's, like 20 of em so far. but i dont quite know what to do now, well except make the small medium and large versions of course, but that aside, i know next to nothing about it... Could some one give me some pointers?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

You are self narrating ;)

We will see what your new work will be like :)

Good luck :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Check out base.wz/texpages ; you'd need to reproduce the file structure you see there inside your .wz map file (which is, in fact, a renamed .zip file).
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@ NoQ, Cool thanks for the info. How do i tell the game to use the custom Terain, and do the Blendi thing like with the standard tile's?

@Merowingg, Ya i do that alot so people know what im thinking when i ask a stupid ?, also i plan on empteing my old post's, hoping people will ignor them.

@ everyone else, What did you think of 2 kings, there will be a new version with some fix's that needed to be done, ill put it out tomorrow hopefully.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

All is good Sir :) it is your thread :)

It shall be as you like it, and it is nice you appear :)

Ok time for me to do to bed as I am partly sleeping now..

Bye..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

To any one out there who has made there own tilesets, could i get a copy for refrence, and, although i would ask you personaly before doing so, may i use part of them for mine, as i do not have enough to make a full set, i got like 20 done and i need like 50 more or somthing like that. if you dont wana, that ok, or if youve made a few tiles that you didnt use, i could use those as refrence as well when i make more.

Oh and i did put out a new version of 2 king, and ill be puting a nother map out soon as well.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Spyro_Drag wrote:To any one out there who has made there own tilesets, could i get a copy for refrence, and, although i would ask you personaly before doing so, may i use part of them for mine, as i do not have enough to make a full set, i got like 20 done and i need like 50 more or somthing like that. if you dont wana, that ok, or if youve made a few tiles that you didnt use, i could use those as refrence as well when i make more.
You can check out my 6c-Palace map; this is an example of making custom "decal" tiles, but custom stretchable 3.1-style texpages is even easier (you don't need to modify text files for that, just pack the texture inside the map; also note that it makes the file size pretty large). Feel free to re-use the tiles inside it (it's released under CC-0 aka Public Domain, pretty much as everything i do, you don't even need to ask before re-using it).

upd: you can check out this thread for a few simple examples of stretchable texture tileset mods (merging a mod into a map is as simple as unpacking the two zip files and then packing back into a single file). Also try digging this thread to find some nice existing textures. Also have a look at the technique used here to understand how to use existing textures in a non-natural way, this can save you some megabytes of the file size (both mod and map example).
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Sorry Folks, Benn gone awhile, kinda lost power, and that messed up my net conection, just got back today, havent done much though.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just in time, if you're still looking for new tilesets. I just bumped the volcanic tileset thread that you can use as an example, and also going to make some complete how-to's soon (:

upd: done with the how-to.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Hey thanks NoQ, ill have to cheack that out, not today though, to hot where i live. Any way ive been playin other games so i could come up with new map and tile ideas.

By the way, has any one come across any glitches or errors, or just plane not so good problems with any of my maps, im always lookin to fix and improve old maps. and dont worrie, i always change the name to prevent issues.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

wow... i just found out that only 3 of my maps have major issues... that makes me feal bad... i just wish i coulda caught the problems sooner, but i cant get my beta 10 to work anymore. and i havent tryed beta 11, i think its because the new betas use this new terain program that causes my comp to over work. and it wont lemy load any games, i cant even play the campaign because the blendi terain messes with my comp too badly. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, i wish i could disable it then i wouldnt have this problem. and then i could test my maps first hand.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello :)

But why did you focus on creatin your own tiles, if I understand correctly? all problems of your kind can be solved in the thread with the FlaMe program, you simply need to load tiles and features from a place on your PC, and those things are in downloadable content next to link to the Flame program itself..

If I understand wronng then sorry.

And do you have let me dare to say very old PC? because I think Betas are still not very demanding, (Gentlemen am I wrong here?)

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

no i didnt use a custom tileset,i left the default, the problem is the betas use a new gen to "Blend" the terain together, the last 2.whatever version dosnt use this "blend" seting, and that is whats causeing my problems. Also my computer is over 15 years old as well, and i am using the latest win XP OS, so yes my comp is old, and i cant realy upgrade since they dont really make new components fer my comp anymore.

BTW, im still worken on reworking the crap maps, but i left the old version up incase some one wanted it.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Spyro :)

I use Win XP as well, although my PC is relatively young, except terrible processor with one core..

And remember any map may be good, do not offend your creations I suggest, you may leave them for some time and get back to them after a while, maybe it will bring new light on them?

And it is you who should be happy whit what you have created, work on it as long as you will be satisfied. Even if 99 people tell you it is terrible, it not necessarily mean it is, although the probability is very high at this state ;)

And Sir, maybe try to look for used PC, which will be better than yours?

Cya :)

Regards - Mero