Maps by Spyro_Drag

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Maps by Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Im Not new to map making, but i am for WZ, here are a few Experiments ive done, All maps i make will be for 3.1+ only, unless a new version comes out. if a map does not work, PM me, than Place any info you can in a .txt, and submit it to me. if you have advice, im all ears.

Also i will post what my Current and Future projects are, and what im doing for the day, although i dont always remember to edit that, Both lower in the Thread.

And before you ask, yes im a noob, both at makin maps and playin the game, Sry! :roll:

Please note that all maps incude a Version Number, This number is also included in the name of the map, so you should keep an eye out for new ones.

If ive redone any map's, please note that the name has been changed to prevent problems, But if you have an old version, i ask that you delete it, as it has been changed for a resone, usually because there was a problem within the map, that either caused an in-balance, or cause the Basic Ai to malfunction, or just cause some one gave me some handy advice.

Thank you for under standing, and if you find something wrong with a map or just have some helpful advice, please post them, as i would like to improve my skillz.

And yes i will note anyone who helps with a map, you will not be forgotten.
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 08 Dec 2012, 02:22, edited 9 times in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Current Finished Maps

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Helixia's Nest Alpha----as of Sat/June/16/2012

First map, Redone. 4 players, Scav's in center and in corners now, plenty o power in base, more in corners.
Base's Fully Equipped, with Defense's, although i changed them a bit so they were weaker, Its's my first every WZ map so Sry if it sucks.

Also i found some Crap structures that i accidentally placed in there the first time that i have now deleted. the terrain is the same though.

Version # 2

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowded----as of Mon/November/12/2012

This is my second map, Also Experimental, meant to be a 2v2v2v2vSuper Scav map, so its a 8P map.
You have some units, and an HQ, power in corners of base, if you need more space, you should destroy the
buildings, unless ur a neat freak then there should be enough space to build around the ruins, the scavs have an
Arty force in the center, and base's in the corners, with heavy defense, you only starting defense is the fact
that the rivers make it difficult to get around w/o Hover, and a few hard point situated in the main entrance to
your zone.

This map is designed to be ultra difficult if using the
"ultimatescavs-1-08.wz" Mod.

Version # 3

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helixia's VTOL Nest----as of Tue/June/19/2012

Meant for only VTOL's and Cyborg's. Because of the water and cliff's, tank mobility is Greatly Reduced, making it virtually impossible to move a tank into the enemies base, add to that, the scavs have set up numerous AA bases,making it difficult to get vtols to directly attack enemies encampments. This map is difficult enough, and if you use the latest Scav Mod,(Like this one) then the scavvs will be even more of a nuisance and add even more difficult to the mix.

Each base is set up with Enough buildings to get you started on research, including some cyborg and VTOL factories, but no standard Factories, but until you research VTOL tech, you wont get anywhere Very Fast.

4P, lotsa power in the map,(most controlled by scavs), lotsa place's for outposts, overall difficulty 7 out a 10.(at least i think so)

Version# 2

As of Version 2 i added Gateways

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Simpli-City----as of Tue/November/13/2012

Close quarters, no active scavs, but there are a few scav turrets, small base's, but space to expand.
The High Cliffs make this map not so friendly to swarms, and atry's. medium power.

NOT A VTOL HAPPY MAP!!!

Version#2

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Helixia's Power Grid----as of Sat/August/17/2013

A 2v2 Map, consisting of 5 long passageways, each with many obstacles, One path, With most of the power in the middle 3 passageways, and a few scav bases. This map is meant to be a Cyborg map only, and comes with 4 cyborg factories, and a few base defense's.

CYBORG ONLY MAP

Version#3

As of version 2 i added Gateways

Preview Pics <--- not accurate
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Helixia's FortressHill----as of Sat/Aug/25/2012

A FFA map, with some power in base's and little on island around the edge of map, Most power in center controlled by ADV Scav base, Base has Terrain Defense as well as Basic Defenses But no actual base, If using the "ultimatescavs-1-08.wz" Mod, or newer. Be carfull as the Scavs will rush.

Version#4
NOTICE i have fixed the hinky Terain,but it still looks strange, it blocks veiw and fire like it is supposed to but is not appeling to the eye. if anyone designs a fix for this, please submit it to me, and i will add your name to the list of contributers. and while taking my screen shots, i found some other problems that i fixed.

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Ariz_under----as of Sat/August/17/2013

This map i meant to give a feeling of being under ground, so you not supposed to use VTOL's or Artys, Please, You dont start with a base, instead you start with a Basic Crew, with 4 trucks and 6 Defense tanks, there are several place's to build a base, ranging from "large" to "Small", to get to the enemies, you must move through some narrow tunnels then through a large open "Cavern" with a lake and an island with lots of oil. some scavs have taken refuge in the tunnels as well so be carefull.

NOT FOR VTOL'S OR ARTILLERY

Version#4

As of Version 3 i added Gateways
Version 4 is a re-do of the orginal, the older version is still listed but not supported any more.
Preview Pics<--- WAY!!!! not accurate
Overhead Pic
Map
Contributors
aubergine
Old Overhead Pic
Old Map

Gambli_Lane----as of Sat/August/17/2013

This is another None VTOL map, FFA, Scavs have small base's, you start with a com center, a power and 1 research, along with a Super Carrier, only the one, be careful with it as youll only get one if you play this map as it was ment to be played, but i recommend you allow some VTOL rearming pads, so you can repair the Carrier when it lands. i guess this is a low power place, and i dont recommend using the ultimate scav mod, or else they will overpower you.

Not a VTOL map, but Rearming pads recommended.

Version#4

As of Version 2 i added Gateways

Preview Pics<--- not accurate
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

2 Kings, Corrupt of Helixia----as of Wed/June/27/2012

This is byfar my largest, and most favorite map ive made so far. At the top of the map are 2 "Kings", (or queens, or king and queen), Each king control a Major Amount of the power, King one (player 0) Controll's all of the initial Defences As well as the Defences for King 2's (player 1) Oil. At the bottom of the map are 8 Rebel Bases, 2 per base with good starting base, and enough power to get a good defensive group together, if you want base defences, players 0,2,4,6,and 8 control the defenses, this is not a map for FFA.

Version#2

This time i did add Gateways
But as of Version 2 I removed the Supers, the Trucks that were suposed to have the defenceive turret auto removed them, and the "King" tanks were at 0% helth for some resone, so i removed them as well, also all of king 2's defences are now under king ones controll, simply because if there is no king 2 a huge chunk of defences would disapperar.

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Cross_Flair----as of Sat/August/17/2013

This is a small, low power map. 2 players, start with 2 Factories, a power station, and 1 Research facility, also walled in with basic defence. this map has 2 scav bases in the corners, so if you really want a Chalange use the latest "ultimatescavs" mod.

Version#3

Preview Pics<--- not accurate
Overhead Pic
Map
No contributors

Crazy_Roads_Large----as of Sun/July/29/2012

A Small city, Bases in corners, 4 Scav bases, lotsa power, i might remove some later. Wider streets then the experimental version, and nice big city blocks, well spaced, relly looks city like i think. :3 Also, the forts have been replaced, the bases have heavy defense's, but thats not ment to protect you from each other, its ment to protect you form the ADV SCAVs, if you use the latest Scav mode.

Version#1

Preview Pics
Overhead Pic
Map
Contributors
Giani
Merowingg

NEW MAPS SOON TO COME
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 26 Aug 2013, 02:55, edited 39 times in total.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Wrong subforum, bud. The 'Showcase' section is where this goes. :)

It's a good map though. I favour these kinds, personally.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Current Locations of "my" name

Post by Spyro_Drag »

These really are "myn"

Juno.com
Mediafire.com
Kongregate.com
Spaceempires.net
wz2100.net
Facebook
and several others i cant think of

These arnt "myn"
Yahoo.com

i am now on facebook. don't ask, i don't much like face book, and DON'T get me started on why.
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 13 Nov 2012, 03:14, edited 17 times in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Current Project Names and Ideas

Post by Spyro_Drag »

I am currently work on these maps, or may be just beginning to make them. Bold is newer map ideas. italic ones mean im taking suggestions on the ideas behind the map structure.

Crazy_Roads_M - The Medium size of my Crazy_Roads Collection, it wont be as diverse as the large one because ill be using 2X2 Buildings. Also there wont be scavs in this version. A FFA 4 player map... hopefully... if not itll be a 1v1 map.

Crazy_Roads_S - The Small size of my Crazy_Roads Collection, ill be using the small "Scav" houses in this model, 1X1, and this will have scavs, so itll be a 1v1vScav map. most likly need the Scav mod i mentioned in the Crazy_Roads_L description.

Crazy_Roads_C - This im hoping will be my largest Crazy_Roads. Using 2X2 and 1X1 building im hoping to make it a NvS or 2v2v2v2 map with ADV Scavs. it all depends on weather or not my Crazy_Roads collection make it popular.

Multi_positive_planes - this particular map will be using my new custom tileset, (once the set is finished -_-,) ment to look like an "off planet" site, with a small fortress all but one corner, 3 player FFA map. Not a good map for VTOL's as the "algorin's" (scavs) have set up several High-tier anti-air and anti-ground camps in hard to reach, none ground-assessable places. no other scav present though. also, i may pack this map with a mod done by aubergine, it will change the background to fit the map a bit. (that is, if i ever figure out how to pack that with it.) the name may change once ive had more time to think about one.
Canceled because i cant get my Custom tileset to work.

So Far these are my only recent ideas. ive kinda had a Mapers block lately, Sry.
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 15 Jan 2013, 04:56, edited 7 times in total.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Ask a mod to move the thread, or create a new one in that section.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I've asked for it to be moved to showcase forum :)

Maps look good - thanks for sharing!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Yay, it got moved, thank u all. ill keep at it with the maps, as you may have notice all of them are prety big, 150 to 250, they would be bigger but the game dont suport that. oh well, beside's im still worken on the first 2 to improve them, so keep an eye on my old post for a version number k?
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Map moved
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 15 Jun 2012, 09:43, edited 3 times in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Map moved
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 15 Jun 2012, 09:49, edited 4 times in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Map moved
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 15 Jun 2012, 10:07, edited 3 times in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Darn... I think my forum died... no one left any sugestions, or error msg's, not even a flamer, id give for just a flamer...

Is this bad?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Don't worry about it - things tend to get a bit quiet around here in the middle of the week with everyone being busy in RL.

You're creating some interesting concepts with these maps, how do AIs handle them (NullBot in particular)?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

oh, the AI isnt very good at the VTOL only map, at least the basic AI, but is seems to understand my Crowded map well enough.
Have you tried them?

And about the "NullBot" witch is best?

nullbot-1-33-light-extras.wz, nullbot-1-33-scavenger.wz, nullbot-1-33-extras.wz, nullbot-1-33-light.wz, or nullbot-1-33.wz?

And what is this "Warzone 2100 Art Revolution"? i seen it in the nullbot download's ,"recommended project".
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Art Revolution is an amazing team of people working on new designs for Warzone units, structures and terrain. Check out the Artwork forum on this site and you'll find a lot of their work, like the recent transporter models that Jorzi's been working on.

As for nullbot - it has many personalities, it depends on the map as to which will be best. Example: The hover personality is good for maps with lots of water, the turtle personality is good for maps that favour VTOLs.

Currently AI developers can't get any real detail about a map - we don't know how much is water, we don't know what the terrain is like or anything like that. So it's up to the end-user currently to try and decide which AI will work best.

As the JS API evolves it's hoped that we can make AIs adapt more to the map they are on and make more intelligent choices about what weapons, propulsions, strategies, etc., to use for a given map. It will be likely Warzone 3.2 or 3.3 before that vision is realised though.