ERROR - MiniDumpWriteDump@28 blah blah on first run

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

ERROR - MiniDumpWriteDump@28 blah blah on first run

Post by ZeosPantera »

OK.. I LOVE warzone. I havent played in 2 years. And 2 years ago I had to completely reinstall windows because I hammered a little too hard to get it to play on my XP machine. It was a fluke I found this site TODAY hours after a new version is released.

So I dug out my old warzone folder with cd cracks and addon maps and old mods from 2002 and It will load and play IF i have the original game CD in.

So now I want to play the NEW version. So I install ANOTHER fresh copy of warzone and install the 2.0.8 update and I now have 2 exe files. If I click the Warzone.exe It starts 1.0 If I try to launch the new exe I get the following error popup as soon as I try and launch it

"The Procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump@28 could not be located in the dynamic Link Library dbghelp.dll"

If there is a procedure for installing the update that I have missed I appologize and if you can point me in the right direction.
""
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: ERROR - MiniDumpWriteDump@28 blah blah on first run

Post by Watermelon »

That error message means you have outdated version of dbghelp.dll,just grab a new one from newer version of msvc or from microsoft site and copy it to your warzone exe folder or registered system path.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZeosPantera »

Watermelon wrote: That error message means you have outdated version of dbghelp.dll,just grab a new one from newer version of msvc or from microsoft site and copy it to your warzone exe folder or registered system path.
OK.. Grabbed 2 versions from various websites. one from 2003 and one from 2004. I replaced the one in my warzone folder and also placed it in my windows/system folder with the 2004 version. Nothing. same error. Also there is this file in the system32 folder but I cannot overwrite it because it is in use. Do I have to replace them all or just one.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

I'm getting this error too.

I downloaded the latest version from microsoft (6.8.4) and it still does the same thing.
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZeosPantera »

glad im not alone in the chaos.. Where did YOU put the new file?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

well I have this problem too... I thought that this is because of my system..I was wrong.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

[me=DevUrandom]somehow feels responsible for this... Will have a look in a sec.[/me]
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

ZeosPantera wrote: ...

So now I want to play the NEW version. So I install ANOTHER fresh copy of warzone and install the 2.0.8 update and I now have 2 exe files. If I click the Warzone.exe It starts 1.0 If I try to launch the new exe I get the following error popup as soon as I try and launch it

"The Procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump@28 could not be located in the dynamic Link Library dbghelp.dll"

Wait.. Did you use one of the updaters that have been provided on the download page ? As you shouldn't have used those if you didn't previously have either version 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 RC1 installed. Also you had better not even try to install one of the 2.x series in the same directory as where you have anything from 1.x installed already.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I uninstalled the old warzone completely and installed the fresh 2.0.8. Same error here.
I'll take down the windows download links until this is fixed, ok?
Last edited by Kamaze on 02 Dec 2007, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Should be fixed now...
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZeosPantera »

DevUrandom wrote: Should be fixed now...

k.... so redownload 208? and why shouldn't it be in with anything 1.X.

Im a little miffed as to what im downloading now. Isnt it an UPDATE for the original? I did find the free downloadable 85 meg version of WZ on some odd game site. Is that what I should apply 208 to?

I love questions.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

There are completely new installer and update packages.
Anyone who downloaded the windows version/update before 15:20 (3:20 pm) CET
should re-download and reinstall the game with the new installer.

We're sorry for the circumstances.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZeosPantera »

OK.. re-downloaded208. and downloaded the 85meg free warzone 1.10 from.. wherever. The 1.10 loads and plays.. But after I extract the update the EXE's are still different names the new exe goes to menu, stutters as I try to load to a one player skirmish it crashes. 

Someone tell me how to go from absolute nothing and step by step what I need to do to be playing the newest version of Warzone.

PLEASE..

STEP1 ::: >>???
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

number one....  do not combine the two warzones!!!! :o  ever!!!! :( 

the 208 is a standalone download and should not ever be put with the old original warzone. 

download the installer ---  http://download.gna.org/warzone/release ... -2.0.8.exe... for windows if you have windows and the other installers( ?? if required)... linux and mac i dont have....

install by running the installer exe.... into its OWN folders.... 

again...do not combine any of the GPL releases with the original 1.10 or other found software from other sites....

if this still does not get you going... please contact me (kgmetcalfe@hotmail - via msn ) or one of the others here...  thanks.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
ZeosPantera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZeosPantera »

I was unable to contemplate how simple it was to install.. LOL

It works but has INCREDIBLY bad lag/fps. I saw the help topic for that and will see what it says. Thank you for your help.