3.1 beta10 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta10 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

A new beta, loading skirmish games works again, for the few other changes see the changelog below.

Note: If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt located in your config directory so we can look at it.

Known Issues: Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
  • New terrain renderer*
  • Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
  • Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
  • Gates in multiplayer games
  • New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
  • New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
  • Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
  • Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
  • Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
  • Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
  • Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta10:
GeneralMultiplayerGraphics
  • Change: Updated texture for the urban building features (4a9ac7fc3e)
  • Fix: Team colour mask on Plasmite Flamer, Sunburst AA and AA Flak Cannon (#3433, e36cdf11e8)
Translations Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta9: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 3.1_beta10

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our Download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 3.1 beta10 has been released!

Post by Staff »

NOTE:
For people using intel integrated chipsets with or without support for a addition card (either AMD or Nvidia)
If you get a crash in ig4icd32.dll, that is the intel video driver that is crashing.
Please go to intel's site and update your video drivers!

See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3227#p71430
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

I'm lovin' those buildings :3
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Much anticipated, played skirmish... it crashed. Played Campaign.... it crashed. :stressed:
Checked the logs and they are blank!! so can't raise a ticket :( Checked my graphics drivers... all up to date. Is it something I'm not doing or setting right? I use exactly the same settings as I do for the 2.3.9 version.
I just want to play the new version please haha. :lol2:
Keep up the good work guys, I've developed loads of new maps, just waiting for this new release to be stable so you can all play them!!
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

may help if you post your rig, I playing the campaign at the moment and not had any issues
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

hello,

in skirmish-mode in new beta10
the maps always load the full population (trucks + others)
no different when i choose start with no base, base or advanced base

in the old stable version
when i start with no base only trucks loaded
if i choose start with andvanced base ... trucks + other vehicles loaded

but now all vehicles are loaded always

misstake or new feature?

kind regards
duda
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

matthewfarmery wrote:may help if you post your rig, I playing the campaign at the moment and not had any issues
What do you mean 'post your rig'???
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

matthewfarmery wrote:may help if you post your rig, I playing the campaign at the moment and not had any issues
Slartifartbarstud wrote:What do you mean 'post your rig'???
Your hardware specs.
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

duda wrote: in skirmish-mode in new beta10
no different when i choose start with no base, base or advanced base
can't replicate this, most maps start with trucks only.
which map(s) are you playing?

if it is as you say, create a new ticket: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

duda wrote:in skirmish-mode in new beta10
You mean tanks and cyborgs aren't removed as well?
Just nobody cared when rewriting rules.js, i guess ...
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

NoQ wrote:
duda wrote:in skirmish-mode in new beta10
You mean tanks and cyborgs aren't removed as well?
Just nobody cared when rewriting rules.js, i guess ...
yes thats what i mean ... the game loads tanks and cyborgs when start with no base (expected only trucks)

yesterday i found some mysterious white :!: shadow O_o
hope its ok to post this here
white shadow
white shadow
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

duda wrote:yesterday i found some mysterious white :!: shadow O_o
I noticed that as well, probably some broken model files. If someone can post the filenames for those, I'll have a look.
We want information... information... information.
Nagajo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagajo »

Great runs on my system very smooth Windows 7 x64 ultimate edition Intel I5 quad m450 proccesor ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650
8 gb of ram but therte is some kind of things maybe you fixed well i allready begin play and today i complete the first company Alfa and start the second one no lags no crashes no nothin but when i took more then 20 units and they just stay all together at map they are always moovin like crazy , O_o when i try to repair them units just stand near them and do nothin i need take each of my repair machine and help them to do it , :...: and there is a problem with damage in game with computer , he shoot to hard , :stressed: and guys one more thing from the past my unit not get an exp when they shot in walls , boxes , homes etc, maybe it's not a bug but on playstation on warzone 2100 they got exp , :( thx a lot guys this is the perfect game you created .
P.S i continue playing missions Beta if i find something i wrote thx a lot
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

I have 1.10 installed but I don't remember units getting xp off of anything non-ai related (random buildings, cars, etc). If they did it was probably a bug in the original game (perhaps) or a change in the current code. I don't see why they should be worth anything anyway (or perhaps a tenth of a point).

When units bunch up the AI goes a little squirrely and things get interesting during repairs or general group movements (two large groups heading in opposite directions). It was the same way in 1.10
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Walls are AI-related. But i still don't like it when killing them brings experience. (In 2.3 it did)
Repair turrets are stupid, yeah. It was better in 2.3, units still need to get more polite, see also #3346
and there is a problem with damage in game with computer , he shoot to hard
?? no idea what you're talking about, but what is your difficulty set to?