3.1 beta9 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta9 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

New beta, hopefully works better than the previous ones.

Note: If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt located in your config directory so we can look at it.

Known Issues:
  • See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
  • Loading skirmish games doesn't work (#3451)
  • Note: you can load skirmish games by starting a new skirmish game, and load from within that.
    A new build that fixes Fastplay & skirmish loading from main menu is here:
    You can download this build here: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix ... 8216c6.exe
    NOTE, you MUST use beta 9 for MP games, or make sure everyone is using the same version as you are!
  • Spurious desynch at game start, if a player joins and leaves before the game starts, and the slot is not filled before the game starts (note that moving players actually reorders the slots themselves). This means that the "2+2=5" icon will be flashing during the whole game, even with the game in synch, so the icon may probably be ignored (if you're able to ignore an icon flashing during the whole game).
Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
  • New terrain renderer*
  • Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
  • Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
  • Gates in multiplayer games
  • New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
  • New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
  • Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
  • Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
  • Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
  • Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
  • Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta9:
GeneralMultiplayerCampaign
  • Change: Disable the save option between campaign missions and the autosave, since the resulting savegames don't always work correctly (#3377, 62da559ebe)
  • Fix: On Away missions, don't check offscreen tiles. (#3403, 9775d0c4f6)
GraphicsTranslations Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta8: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... v3.1_beta9

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our Download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
crass
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta9 has been released!

Post by crass »

cybersphinx wrote: Known Issues: .
why the regression for the MG tower?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

crass wrote:why the regression for the MG tower?
Because nobody fixed it in time.
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

I meant is this a script issue like before or is this something else?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

good work!
know issues: game balance broken hehe

i hope this beta can work good on greater number of computers (Iluvalar may be it works for you?)
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

So I can not download it if I'm in the middle of campaign, because it ruins the saved game?
Draco Nihil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Draco Nihil »

beta9 seems to have broke the "FastPlay" mission.

Upon starting I apparently have control over the scavengers as if they're on my faction. And the following floods the log:

Code: Select all

info    |08:26:52: [pal_GetTeamColour:102] Attempting to get colour for non-existing team 4294967290
info    |08:26:52: [pal_GetTeamColour:102] Assert in Warzone: piepalette.cpp:102 (false), last script event: 'winTrig (CODE)'
info    |08:26:52: [pie_Draw3DShape:461] Negative team -6
info    |08:26:52: [pie_Draw3DShape:461] Assert in Warzone: piedraw.cpp:461 (team >= 0), last script event: 'winTrig (CODE)'
Upon examining the log file it reveals this being repeated over 104 times:

Code: Select all

info    |08:26:23: [RemapPlayerNumber:4007] Found no player position for player 7
info    |08:26:23: [RemapPlayerNumber:4007] Assert in Warzone: game.cpp:4007 (false), last script event: '<none>'
Last edited by Draco Nihil on 05 May 2012, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
“I am the dragon without a name...”
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

iap wrote:So I can not download it if I'm in the middle of campaign, because it ruins the saved game?
No, you just can't (and shouldn't) save at the very end of the mission.
You can (and should) save at the beginning of the mission though.
You can view the briefings again by clicking on the intel button.

What happens is, on certain missions, it don't save out the correct data, and that data can be used by the next mission you do. This is a flaw in the original game, that has yet to be fixed.
This can happen at multiple areas, not just the main transitions, and it is one of the reasons some missions don't seem to end correctly.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

Oh, good to know, thanks. I always saved in the end of missions, it was the most convenient.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

cybersphinx wrote:Change: Disable the save option between campaign missions and the autosave, since the resulting savegames don't always work correctly (#3377, 62da559ebe)
I hate that change, it's a regression and workarounds things that were broken at least from 2.3.x and there were workarounds how to overcome issues for saves created at end of campaign (simply save just before end - those are transport missions so you know exactly when to hit save before it will end itself accidentally).
And only those two cases created issues, then why other ~30 other should also have that option removed?

Autosave was not useful anyway and caused issues (#1615)...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Chaoticredux
Greenhorn

Post by Chaoticredux »

I signed up just so i can take a shot in the dark and hope somebody important will read and take this into thought. I have integrated graphics >.> and my pc isn't a gaming one as i can not afford one. Ive noticed in the beta your trying to upgrade graphics or something like that. I'm just asking is there something you can do for players with older computers? I love playing this game online and eventually everybody is going to move to 3.1 when it comes out, so i'm out my pc cant handle it. Is there anything that can be done to account for users like me? (so we can continue to play online and experience the anti-cheating and bug fixes..............and the sexi gates) :(
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Hi,

its a really big sh*t that every time a new beta comes, old bugs, which are fixed already in the last betas, occure again.

NOW skirmish saved games cannot be loaded, it crashes. Tried this more than 10 times. ONLY CRASHES!!!

Beta 8 didnt have this fault, but beta 6 - than fixed. Now this bullshit is back again. Unbelievable!!!
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

fraggle wrote:Hi,

its a really big sh*t that every time a new beta comes, old bugs, which are fixed already in the last betas, occure again.

NOW skirmish saved games cannot be loaded, it crashes. Tried this more than 10 times. ONLY CRASHES!!!

Beta 8 didnt have this fault, but beta 6 - than fixed. Now this crap is back again. Unbelievable!!!
Make a ticket about that.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Also: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9318 - if nobody finds a problem before a beta it can't be fixed before that.
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

cybersphinx wrote:Also: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9318 - if nobody finds a problem before a beta it can't be fixed before that.
Dont know what you mean. That "LOAD GAME" bug was not in Beta 8. So it must be fixed. So why does it not work in Beta 9?

Is noone testing the Beta before release???? to load a game is a very normal function.

Hope the "LOAD GAME" fault will be fixed asap and a Beta 10 should appear within the next hours.