Simple burst fire mod

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
nicholasneko
Greenhorn

Simple burst fire mod

Post by nicholasneko »

I'm using the Warzone stat editor to make a simple mod where machine guns, rotary/assault guns/auto cannons/hellfire/pepperpot all have a little burst of fire rather then their current single shot delay single shot delay sorta firing.

The idea at the end will be that they will do the exact same DPS they do now but look/sound a little more interesting, which so far they do.

Anyone have any interest in using such a mod if I drop the file here?

Here is the first release. Tell me what you think. DPS should still be the same I think.
burst.wz
burst version 0.0.1
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Simple burst fire mod

Post by aubergine »

Sounds interesting - in a recent video I was making I noticed how the current weapons did that "shot, delay, shot, delay" thing and wished they were doing bursts of fire. I'm pretty swamped at moment with various stuff but hope this mod gains popularity as I'd like to see mg bursts of fire make it in to the game.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
nicholasneko
Greenhorn

Re: Simple burst fire mod

Post by nicholasneko »

Well what i'm calling version 0.0.1 is up. The only issue I have so far is that if I try to play campaign with it I get a slue of errors ;-; But skirm/multi seems to work just fine. Please post suggestions. Should bursts for certain weapons be longer/shorter?

EDIT: I think i'm going to move this to the showcase.