3.1 terrain in FlaME

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

3.1 terrain in FlaME

Post by Flail13 »

Hi developers. I'm trying to upgrade the FlaME graphics to allow 3.1 terrain and I need some help.

- Can someone point me to where in the WZ code the tile textures are converted into the 3.1 textures, so that I can make the method FlaME uses the same as in-game.

- Where in the code are the texCoords of the new terrain textures calculated?

- I think there are some errors in the text files that describe what corner of each tile-texture is what 3.1 texture.

Thanks in advance.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 terrain in FlaME

Post by Safety0ff »

It's all hacks in terrain.cpp & map.cpp if I recall correctly.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

static void rotFlip - half of it does nothing, the other half I'm not sure if I'm creating the same [bad] result
static int determineGroundType - the "voting" method doesn't make sense

I don't think it's worth spending time trying to recreate errors in the editor. I guess it has to wait until the devs get around to improving terrain again.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Flail13 wrote:static void rotFlip - half of it does nothing, the other half I'm not sure if I'm creating the same [bad] result
static int determineGroundType - the "voting" method doesn't make sense

I don't think it's worth spending time trying to recreate errors in the editor. I guess it has to wait until the devs get around to improving terrain again.
Yeah, I have to agree, it just isn't worth it at this point in time. :(
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Truth be told, i like the current setup, but the New art work is nice too. honestly though, i wish there were options, you know for mode one (original) and Mode two (re-textured). Then in flame you could see how it would look both ways. Hmm. i kinda wish the new version of the game had that option too now that i think about it, i dunno, some of the blending seems off to me... Oh well.