2.3 Ilu edition (2.3-ilu1) has been released!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

2.3 Ilu edition (2.3-ilu1) has been released!

Post by Iluvalar »

2.3-ilu1

This is a built I prepared for tests the day before cybersphinx launched his projectile build tests vote. I know that make a lot of download lately but I hope the feature in this one will make you appreciate it.

I dont want to push anybody, but i'm pretty sure the features in that build will be interesting enought to make players use it. The time will tell... This build is pretty much up to date, so it might be perceived like a 2.3.8 1/2 or a short ressurection of the dev branch for 2.3 .

Download :
You can start your download from here : http://wz2100.net/~pcdummy/iluvalar/
NOTE : As this is not an official build, players might take time to all join the new release. I strongly suggest you do not overide the 2.3.8 installation.

Features :
  • Functionnal line of sight. "Mid height to mid height" LOS. The built named by cybersphinx "proj1" (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8195) and the winner of your votes.
  • 3 New rankings 1:1,16:1, 32:1 medals. Respectively called : chevron, platinium and orichalcum.
  • A fourth star (ender star) that shows players that have a tendancy to quit to avoid a lose. This wont really work anymore.
  • Half build = Half-HP. Power generators (and others) shouldn't be a magical shield anymore. Or at least, they'll be more tricky to build in the midst of the battle.
  • ¹Half builds do not prevent targeting over them and wont stop the projectiles
  • ¹Mod load fixed
  • ¹Ctrl+v work as usual
Multiplayer balance :
  • Short range arty damage reduction https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100 ... 419f544b73
    **Mra : 30 → 22
    **Seraph : 120 → 75
    **Note : It's to take into account that they now fire straight each time when possible. Other artillery should also work slighty better on tanks because of that.
Important
This is not an "official" release. I you like the changes in this build, make sure to write positives feedbacks here !! Also, i'm the only one responsible for this release. If you find any bugs that occur only in this build, do not bother the other developpers with tickets. Say what is wrong here.

To mac users :
As I speak, there is no mac version of this. I hope someone will make it in the next days if there is any interest in this release.

Special thanks
To Fastdeath that helped me to compile and host this one. Thanks, we really appreciate all your efforts here.

¹ These have been added lately by cybersphinx. That helped me with a second compile, with even more stuffs and a fully up to date. 2.3 version. Thanks to you too cyber. :)

Edit by cybersphinx:
Short list of changes from the 2.3 branch since 2.3.8:
  • Try to make units follow their orders better (#2391)
  • Improve resource loading, for sequences and mapmods (#2728, #2825)
  • Paste with Ctrl-V instead of Tab in edit boxes (#2830)
  • Translation updates: Dutch, Turkish, German, Hungarian, Spanish, Brazilian.
Last edited by Iluvalar on 11 Aug 2011, 17:41, edited 4 times in total.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
driver4
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.8 Ilu edition has been released!

Post by driver4 »

Although I am a mac user, this update sounds good. People should post feedback so that I could see :P
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

can anyone have these custom builds done?
pcdummy? is that a joke?
I also think this is far more confusing to peeps since there are now two 2.3.8 versions out there. Very bad move.
test
Rookie
Rookie

Post by test »

excellent.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Technicaly it's called "2.3.8 Ilu" . We could have called it "2.3.8.1", "2.3.8 1/2" or whatever. I dont think there will be any specific confusion possible.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Iluvalar wrote:This is not an "official" release. I you like the changes in this build, make sure to write positives feedbacks here !! Also, i'm the only one responsible for this release. If you find any bugs that occur only in this build, do not bother the other developpers with tickets. Say what is wrong here.
Is that built from your 2.3 branch at github? The return fix doesn't seem to be in that (https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100 ... ac14...2.3).
We want information... information... information.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I also think this is far more confusing to peeps since there are now two 2.3.8 versions out there. Very bad move.
No it isn't. This build isn't announced on the main page, it is clearly stated that it is unofficial (it is quite normal for a GPL project to have all sorts of forks and rebuilds) and will only be found by a few people who can actually value it (in fact, only a few people visit development subforum).
Fastdeath
Trained
Trained

Post by Fastdeath »

medusa wrote:pcdummy? is that a joke?
Read the about page before you start speaking.
Nightly builds available here see buildbot for more infos about them
Lobby Server: here and here
SharpFlame the new WZ Map Editor
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

cybersphinx wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:This is not an "official" release. I you like the changes in this build, make sure to write positives feedbacks here !! Also, i'm the only one responsible for this release. If you find any bugs that occur only in this build, do not bother the other developpers with tickets. Say what is wrong here.
Is that built from your 2.3 branch at github? The return fix doesn't seem to be in that (https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100 ... ac14...2.3).

You are right. For some reasons the fixed file on my computer was different from the one on the git repo. Apparently the compiler used by fastdeath did what I was hoping for. Windows players can play with the .exe file.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

any chances of having this for the master nightly releases???? would be nice to see in the new renderer... :hmm:
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I had a chance to check this out with Iluvalar, and I mostly agree with the way indirect projectiles work in it. I'm on the fence about mortor, etc, not being able to adjust it's trajectory to "lob" shells when a unit is lower + behind a cliff, etc.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Awesome Ilu, I look forward to giving it a spin. :D
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

UP !! I'm sorry but cybersphinx wanted to had the "mod load" fix amongst other late fixes. I should have talked about schedules or something. :P .

As a result, we have unfortunately another build now called "2.3-ilu1". We have even more features in that one :) .
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

lav_coyote25 wrote:any chances of having this for the master nightly releases???? would be nice to see in the new renderer... :hmm:

hello.... is thing on???? hello..... :hmm:
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

NoQ wrote:
No it isn't. This build isn't announced on the main page, it is clearly stated that it is unofficial (it is quite normal for a GPL project to have all sorts of forks and rebuilds) and will only be found by a few people who can actually value it (in fact, only a few people visit development subforum).
:roll:
how is it not official if it is using the farking official server list?
it is not clearly stated on the server list screen.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: