Confusing things?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Klick
New user

Confusing things?

Post by Klick »

Hey all again!

I need some clearing up things!

This new forums now for warzone, or is still realtimestrategies or is wztoys?  Who is main?
The last working (where most everything worked) version of warzone that was GPL was 2.0.2.2.
Then @ berlios site, there was a 2.0.2.3 which was in the ftp directory but not main page(?)
That also worked for everything that I can tell, and that has stuff in menus that the new one does not?
Then berlios site has no updates, but still gets bug reports?
There is another on sourceforge, seems dead?
Then gna site has a version that seems worse than the other ones. (more errors/issues).
The peeps working on all the projects looks to be pretty much the same?

If berlios site is not used, then why not point to new project, and close down the modules, or is it still use? 

The guys who did the map converting, I no see the utility to do this?  I see map pack, and I don't think it was done by hand was it?  That one who do this is linux, so where is this utility?

The map editor seems work fine? Why irc talk of having other editor in game ? Can't save or can it?

The irc log is very half/half?  Sometimes works, other times weeks go by no work. >:(
The one on wztoy is only for july1?  Where is missing months? :'(
Who'n charge of irc stuff? 

See I am confuse!  :-\  Now unconfuse me!  :D

Oh yes, forgots to say that 2.0.2.3 plays longer in laptop!  The version now is more cpu pig?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Confusing things?

Post by DevUrandom »

Klick wrote: This new forums now for warzone, or is still realtimestrategies or is wztoys?  Who is main?
We are 1337.
Erm, I mean main.
This is the one and only Warzone 2100 / Warzone Resurrection Project website.
Klick wrote: The last working (where most everything worked) version of warzone that was GPL was 2.0.2.2.
Define "working" please.
I can play 2.0.4. Even though it has lots of bugs which shouldn't be in a release. Erm, where are my beta testers? *sigh*
Klick wrote: Then @ berlios site, there was a 2.0.2.3 which was in the ftp directory but not main page(?)
2.0.2.3's release was intercepted by an accident it seems.
Klick wrote: That also worked for everything that I can tell, and that has stuff in menus that the new one does not?
2.0.2.3 has features which 2.0.4 doesn't have? Maybe. The work on 2.0.2.3 was a split off of our mainline development.
Tell us which features were in 2.0.2.3 and are not in 2.0.4!
Klick wrote: Then berlios site has no updates, but still gets bug reports?
The BerliOS project is as dead as...
Klick wrote: There is another on sourceforge, seems dead?
...the SourceForge project.
Klick wrote: Then gna site has a version that seems worse than the other ones. (more errors/issues).
2.0.4? I'm sorry about that. My fault. I released in a bad moment, thinking everything was fine.
It now proved that it wasn't. The person responsible was found and actions were taken to prevent him from doing any harm in the future.
Klick wrote: The peeps working on all the projects looks to be pretty much the same?
Mostly, yes. Some left due to real world happenings, though.
Klick wrote: If berlios site is not used, then why not point to new project, and close down the modules, or is it still use? 
Only Gna is active. Other sites can't be closed because the ppl owning them are not here anymore.
Klick wrote: The guys who did the map converting, I no see the utility to do this?  I see map pack, and I don't think it was done by hand was it?  That one who do this is linux, so where is this utility?
Those guys were only one. And I think it was done by hand.
Klick wrote: The map editor seems work fine? Why irc talk of having other editor in game ? Can't save or can it?
The map editor is Windows only. We have also Linux and Mac users, you know.
Klick wrote: The irc log is very half/half?  Sometimes works, other times weeks go by no work. >:(
The one on wztoy is only for july1?  Where is missing months? :'(
Who'n charge of irc stuff? 
Kevin's bot keeps the logs. He is also not here anymore.
Klick wrote: See I am confuse!  :-\  Now unconfuse me!  :D
I see the first and hope I did the latter.
Klick wrote: Oh yes, forgots to say that 2.0.2.3 plays longer in laptop!  The version now is more cpu pig?
Don't feed them, then they wont grow. That's it with pigs.
No, seriously: We didn't change much in those parts of the code which could make the game slower. (At least I can't remember.)
Is the graphics slower? Or the menu's as well? Some details please...
Last edited by DevUrandom on 03 Sep 2006, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
C01eMaN
Trained
Trained

Post by C01eMaN »

DevUrandom wrote: I can play 2.0.4. Even though it has lots of bugs which shouldn't be in a release. Erm, where are my beta testers? *sigh*
ill be a beta tester for you if your short... i play wz a lot... just say 1 skirmish game lasts about 10 hours(i like to toy with the ai and then let them rebuild so i can destroy them once more Muhahaha) so i can pretty much test any new feature if i can remember (yes i have a job and some life in the real world)

coleman
Im Addicted To Warzone!!!!!!!
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

C01eMaN, we will keep it in mind, thank you for your offer.  ;)
?topic=1617.0
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Cool C01eMaN! Thanks for that.
Grizzly_37
Greenhorn

Post by Grizzly_37 »

Hey, you mention Berlios, I've got full admin rights on it...

If it is desired I can totally delete the project or we can set it up to direct to this one over here...

And kevin is still around, you will see him at rts.net everyonce in awhile, as well as on IRC sometimes...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Hello - i already did it .

dont need to touch it now.

thanks
:D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Grizzly_37
Greenhorn

Post by Grizzly_37 »

yes, :) just saw that.. good job coyote! :)
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Not to feel left out, I want to "de-confuse" a little thing too.

We have a FreshMeat.net entry: http://freshmeat.net/projects/warzone2100/ where we can notify the whole world (or at least the 10 people watching it) about new releases we make.

I'm currently set up as the "owner" (I think it's called) of that entry, however, to reduce the "bus factor", I'de like to add some of you guys (Dev, Troman, Coyote) as admins. All I need is usernames.
zoltan
New user

Post by zoltan »

I would love to help beta test new releases. You should make anouncements that notify people by email when you need that to happen.