aivolution

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
UrbanVoyeur
Trained
Trained

aivolution

Post by UrbanVoyeur »

Tried the "aivolution" AI upgrade mod in the svn.

It's more aggressive than the regular and plain english commands for "help" are great.

A couple of things i noticed
- it seems to be under-utilizing aircraft. 
- at some point the AI's stop additional research, and leave many key technologies undone - like advanced factory production, tank killer bunkers and points, AA missles, etc. (I've only played T3 so far)

Is this intentional?  Anybody else try aivolution?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: aivolution

Post by Troman »

Mostly intentional, although there are might be some research Aivolution could use. Aivolution is mostly designed for T1/T2 games.
?topic=1617.0
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i have been asked if there is a stand alone version of the aivolution AI....  if not how does one go about getting it - and installing it??
;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
UrbanVoyeur
Trained
Trained

Post by UrbanVoyeur »

lav_coyote25 wrote: i have been asked if there is a stand alone version of the aivolution AI....  if not how does one go about getting it - and installing it??
;D
You can get it here: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/warzone/trun ... ivolution/

There's a readme and installation instructions on how to use the mod.

However, I don't know if you need the trunk version of WZ to run aivolution - there have been a number of changes to the various parts of the script code since 2.06 and I don't know if aivolution relies on any of them. Troman?
Last edited by UrbanVoyeur on 10 Jun 2007, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Yes, Coyote, the problem is you need the trunk, so right now it doesn't make much sense to release a atand-alone version of Aivolution. You have to get and compile the trunk in order to be able to use Aivolution.

UrbanVoyeur: sorry, I accidentally modified your post.
?topic=1617.0
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thanks troman / UrbanVoyeur  for the information.
;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.