Using the Logitech G13 with Warzone 2100 --- Any interest???

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
cyberpenguin
New user

Using the Logitech G13 with Warzone 2100 --- Any interest???

Post by cyberpenguin »

I've been working on kernel driver for the Logitech G13 gamepad. I have the driver about 95% done (I have one more framebuffer issue to work on before submitting it). I've also gotten reports that a modification of the driver works with the G-series keyboards as well.

In addition to the kernel driver I've also been working on a userspace family of libraries that allow easier access to the device, as well as a daemon that can control multiple G13s and supports macros.

I've just started on a dbus module for the daemon that would allow an external app (like Warzone 2100) to open a dbus channel and send messages or status out on the dbus. The daemon in turn could have a Warzone 2100 applet running that picked up the messages and present the user with an LCD display.

Is there any interest in a side-project like this?

Even if there's no interest in an applet, setting up a loadable keymap to include with the G13 code wouldn't be very difficult... I'd just need suggestions on what keys to map into which position.
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Re: Using the Logitech G13 with Warzone 2100 --- Any interes

Post by m1ndgames »

im using the g15 keyboard... feel free to release an applet ;)
cyberpenguin
New user

Post by cyberpenguin »

m1ndgames wrote:im using the g15 keyboard... feel free to release an applet ;)
At this point, it's not so much a matter of releasing an applet or two (I designed the daemon so that it manages a stack of applets that you can cycle through).

It's more a matter of discussing and trying to get feedback from players on what would be useful in an applet, and then working with the developers (or those with repo control) to work up a set of patches that could interact with an applet.

But, the first step is determining what would be useful...
Darkblade
Greenhorn

Post by Darkblade »

Number one on my list would be the ability to see your research centers, factories, and barracks status progress.
Mostly, if you're busy with something like... vtol strikes, artillery movement or whatnot. Like.. on screen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Research -
- -
- 1 2 3 4 5 -
- (% 20) (% 33) (idle) (% 99) (idle) -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And like for the factories and barracks.
Also, maybe for the command turret/sensor, a ability to see what kind of tanks there are assigned.