Tools returning error codes (VS 2008)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
kmullins
New user

Tools returning error codes (VS 2008)

Post by kmullins »

Hello,

I am attempting to compile WZ2100 using Visual Studio 2008 Professional on Windows 7 64-bit. I am pretty sure I have followed the build directions as closely as possible but I am running into these errors:

Code: Select all

Error	131	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating parser based on grammar..."	framework	framework
Error	132	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating parser based on grammar..."	framework	framework
Error	133	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating parser based on grammar..."	gamelib	gamelib
Error	134	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating parser based on grammar..."	gamelib	gamelib
Error	155	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating lexical analyser..."	script	script
Error	156	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating lexical analyser..."	script	script
Error	164	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "* Updating & copying autorevision.exe into correct directory. *"	autorevision	autorevision
Error	167	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "* Updating & copying autorevision.exe into correct directory. *"	autorevision	autorevision
Error	168	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating the autorevison.h file..."	Warzone2100	Warzone2100
Error	169	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating the autorevison.h file..."	Warzone2100	Warzone2100
I have even tried the suggestion of entering the Batch Build dialog, selecting all projects, and clicking "Build" but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The crazy part is that the number of these errors I get seems to vary each time I attempt to compile. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Edit:

Just to note, I've tried searching for this issue some more. I came across one post which seems to have reduced the number of errors I am receiving but unfortunately hasn't fixed the problem completely yet. For anyone experiencing similar problems (or googler's like myself), the post is at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5082&start=15. I've attached my log file in case anyone has any suggestions.

Edit #2:

Well I decided to start fresh. I downloaded the latest version from the repository at https://warzone2100.svn.sourceforge.net ... 2100/trunk. I exported the contents of this directory to another folder so I wouldn't have any complications caused by TortoiseSVN. I followed the steps as mentioned by BunkerBlaster (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5082&start=15)very precisely combined with the steps mentioned at http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Window ... ide_(MSVC). I noticed that the "Windows Compile Guide" doesn't mention both DevPKG's -- it only mentions Trunk. However, I used both as noted by BunkerBlaster.

After "merging" folders as specified, I opened up the Visual Studio 2008 Solution file. I allowed it to update the other projects as necessary. There were no errors. I right-clicked on the Warzone 2100 Project, opened the project's properties and added the command line "--datadir C:\Users\Kurtis\Desktop\WZ2100 Source\WZ2100\data". I also set the working directory to the same folder (C:\Users\Kurtis\Desktop\WZ2100 Source\WZ2100\data). Finally, I clicked on Build -> Batch Build -> Select All -> Build. Unfortunately I still hit the same errors (as far as I can tell). I will upload the latest Log File as well just in case I have made any progress from the previous attempt.
Attachments
buildlog.txt
Build Log File #2
(41.48 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
buildlog.txt
VS 2008 Log File
(44.77 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Re: Tools returning error codes (VS 2008)

Post by Crymson »

Your using the wrong version of bison and flex I bet.