Downloading Zip warzone HOW!!!!!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Downloading Zip warzone HOW!!!!!

Post by 5carhaloface »

Well i knw u guys are wonderin y the hell id be here if i dnt even hav warzone the answer is i did i played it growing up on my stepdads ps and it was awesome kinda hard lol but still hella fun anyway the point is ive been meaning to download it but i wanna down load a zip. file of it but the zip files i do find on google are 47. mb wtf shouldnt zip. files be smaller than the original file anyway i need help please any help wood b awesome

Translation: If you're wondering why I'm here even though I don't have Warzone, it's because I played it while growing up, and found it fun.

I am trying to download Warzone, but as the 47 MB installer is too large for me to handle, I was wondering if someone had a smaller ZIP-compressed version.
Last edited by Zarel on 07 May 2010, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added translation
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Downloading Zip warzone HOW!!!!!

Post by 5carhaloface »

basiclly im askin if some one can give me a link or direct me to where i can get a zip. of warzone...and yes i have looked for it on google, bing and ask all dead ends
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I am guessing you have windows and there is a windows installer on the download link at the top of this page
As for the size of warzone2100 well 50 meg for a good game is not all that much.

I don't know of any zip files of warzone that would be much smaller then that.

Sorry ...bite the bullet and down load the 40+meg that is available here least you will know your up to date on your version.
Regards Berg

Note I think this thread is in the wrong forum might need to be in general
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

alright thanks berg but see im downloadin this one version but shoot it think on the down load it says ok it says 2.2.1 is that a current version??? see im workin wit a laptop i just got 4gb ram 500gbhard drive 2.2 ghz proccesor speed and well yea i think thats alrigth and i knw theres better ones point is for all that my broadband is only currently downloadin at 8. 19 kb p s that sucks i know thats y i wanted a smaller down load
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Get the latest version dont download old ones
Latest is 2.3.0
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

oh wow well its takeing me a good long while to download it like i said 8 kb p s suks but i still got anothe rhour to finish...but thanks for the link and this is the latest???? most bugs worked out i would guess??? any more added fetures??

Translation: The link you are providing me is also taking me a long time to download, since my 8 KB/s connection is fairly slow. Nonetheless, I thank you for the link. Is this the latest version, with most bugs fixed? Does it have any new features?
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

WTF!!! i was downloading the version of warzone from the link above and about half way through it just cancelled by itself well not cancelled it more like the file wasnt completely down loaded but the comp thought it was and it read file downloaded it said that at 4.31 mb now WTF the game is about 50 mb long why did this happen???
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...Could you please use a spell checker before you post? Preferably the spelling+grammar checker in Word. Thanks.

That said, it appears your Internet connection has trouble downloading large files. I would recommend a download manager.
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Compressing it doesn't reduce the installers size much still 46mb. Here you go anyways: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5157392/Warzone2100-2.3.0.zip
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Daltx wrote:Compressing it doesn't reduce the installers size much still 46mb. Here you go anyways: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5157392/Warzone2100-2.3.0.zip
The installer already uses compression, and then does a CRC check to make sure the data is good...
Rather odd request for the .zip, but.. .whatever. ;)
and it ends here.
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

all very good answers but as u all can tell im fairly new to all this
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

5carhaloface wrote:all very good answers but as u all can tell im fairly new to all this
Simple as I can install a download manager so you don't loose what you have downloaded halfway through.
then use it to download http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

ok ill try that "Berg" but rite now im [illegal content removed] right now but thanks... aussie jk mexican ha

Translation: Thank you, Berg; I will try that later. I would right now, but I am currently preoccupied.
Last edited by Zarel on 07 May 2010, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added translation
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

For the curious the installer is compressed with a solid LZMA compressor which is MUCH better then .zip can ever be.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual