New Features in Wz2100 which I want to see in future.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Features in Wz2100 which I want to see in future.

Post by Suprano »

I want a new Unit AI System. e.g. if you set the point where all your recently finsihed units went, they drive around in cycles for ever Oo to go the other units ou of the way to do this the drive away, and some other units need to get the units(which are getting other units out of the way) out of the way and so on, it never stops :D

--Ano
McH
New user

Post by McH »

Hi,
first of all - wz2100 is a great game :)
In the recent past i was overthinking what would be nice to see in wz2100.
Here it comes:
Maybe some of you know Jabber (http://jabber.org,http://xmpp.org) aka XMPP - the IM and xml streaming framework.
So it would be nice if my wz2100 can go online with Jabber in the same way my jabberclient goes online.
Messages to the wz2100 ressource can be displayed ingame so that some can chat out of the game for inviting users and so on.
Jabber also have a multichatsystem so that wz2100 users can chat with each other and make appointments for games.
And now here comes the greatest thing: JEP-0196 (http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0196.html) describes a way for publishing
games to a large scale of users with pubsub. So there is no need for a special directory server.

You dont have to research for a new protocoll for game anouncement and user2user communication. This can be done with a stable
and scalable protocol named Jabber.
Tell me what you think about this idea.
Greets
Olli
Jabbercontact: [email protected]
For all who think "WTF? This guy is speaking a bad english" - English isn't my native language ... excuse :P
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

McH wrote: ...
We're (or better said, i? :D)thinking about using a in-built IRC client.
Like TASpring does.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
McH
New user

Post by McH »

I have to admit that IRC is maybe another solution which is often used and stable.
My Jabbersuggestion is more or less a "It would be nice to see in wz2100" suggestion.
I thought about implementing it into wz2100 but i doesnt have any skills in that way.
:)
For all who think "WTF? This guy is speaking a bad english" - English isn't my native language ... excuse :P
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

That JEP is very WoW centric...
But the idea is not that bad. (To have such a information service.)
Maybe with Jabber, maybe in an own server, maybe different.
I don't even know how Jabber exactly works (I just use it) and neither do I know if there is a simple small crossplatform jabber lib available.

We currently have a metaserver written in Java which also needs some love to be integrated into the game.
McH
New user

Post by McH »

As you maybe know the JEP status is a experimental status. So it shouldn't be to hard to modify that JEP to fit the needs of wz2100.
Maybe its possbile to create a interface layer so that different kinds  of "user communication" libs (such as a jabberlib and a irc lib) easily can connected to wz2100.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

New Participle system. At list new textures . & may be adding a fog. If in future will be day & night then in the morning wonderfull to see a wight fog.

But minimum that could be done is to 'fix bug' that disable dropping shadows from rain & snow. Its very terrible view that playing with shadows in Urban.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
commondragon
Trained
Trained

Post by commondragon »

...I have another idea. You guys need to make a way ot either A. Turn off all cheats at once or B. just make Biffer Baker a toggable code
WE ARE IDEA! WE ARE UR FUEL! DONT.....FORGET US! (bad song I know ^^)
sander79
Greenhorn

Post by sander79 »

I'm also new to the forum and like to play the game.

- I found out it is possible to zoom in/out with '-' and '=', but when playing in a 4players map or greater I'm not able to zoom all out. Why it that ?
- Also after winning skirmish or a compain I get a blank screen (mostly orange or blue), with an escape I can continue but it this problem know ?
- Also after winning you will circle around your HQ but with a blue window in the middle, but it's always empty. :-\
Occurs both in 2.0.5 and cvs
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

sander79 wrote: I'm also new to the forum and like to play the game.

- I found out it is possible to zoom in/out with '-' and '=', but when playing in a 4players map or greater I'm not able to zoom all out. Why it that ?
The maximum zoom distance is not "whole map", but it is a distance from the ground, I guess.
sander79 wrote: - Also after winning skirmish or a compain I get a blank screen (mostly orange or blue), with an escape I can continue but it this problem know ?
We know about that problem. Whenever you see the colored screen, a video was played in the original version (from Eidos/Pumpkin). But as Eidos did not release the videos, we can't display them and thus you only see that dummy.
sander79 wrote: - Also after winning you will circle around your HQ but with a blue window in the middle, but it's always empty. :-\
Occurs both in 2.0.5 and cvs
Also a known problem... One time we will try to put something meaningfull into that box. ;)
sander79
Greenhorn

Post by sander79 »

DevUrandom wrote: The maximum zoom distance is not "whole map", but it is a distance from the ground, I guess.
sorry, I mean the radar-map-overview. (bottom right corner)
It is not possible see the whole radar-map if the map is for 4players or more.
I would like to be able to go to the other side of the map with one single click on the radar-map.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

i think, atm, it is limited to a minimum of one pixel per map tile. it shouldn't be too difficult to halve-reduce this a few more times, though if we use the easy method (displaying every other pixel), then you start losing a whole lot of data about units and structs on the map: they simply may not appear until they end up over a displayed map tile. the hard way involves halve-reducing the map texture, but doing something tricky with the unit and structure display so that all "seen" units will always get displayed (though when you zoom out enough, 4-5 units will easily get represented by a single pixel, just as would 1 unit).
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Terminator wrote: 3)In Mplayer I think in stat bar (where conforming allianses "numpad_enter") in that window showing tanks which uses player. I think its wrong. Its tells all enemys that I will use that tanks for strike or sometthink like that. I think tanks must be replaced by for exemple colored cube or circle or . .. . .Like that.
Sorry for the late reply, but:

That system shows just the latest unit that player X has built.
Its use is basically to show you whether or not that player is still in the game or not. (If you destroy all of that player's units, there will be no unit showing up. So, unless they have a factory hidden somewhere, you've won the game, when it displays blank.)

For example: Perhaps you are using tanks as a strike force. If you build one cyborg, or one VTOL, after your production finishes, then it will display that cyborg or VTOL. (A truck, or some other systems unit would work as well, because, besides command units, you're not really going to be fighting with anything else.)

So no, it does not give away the nature of your attack force.
indica wrote: just my 2 cents

-detailed score sreen at end of single player games. and one for multiplayer with maybe a chat lounge. .
-be able to set ai alliance and amount of ai on a map
-mouse-over unit stats
-a button to make unit/command group stop everything  and  set orders to  hold position and don't attack.
-more detailed info on the parts in the design UI.
-in game mod loading. . or a loader of some type.
About that part in red;

You can set how many AI are on the map, during a skirmish game, by just sliding the 'difficulty' bar next to the AI all the way to the left. (The last AI is always there, though - you can't get rid of it.)

I dunno if this is what you meant, but, hey - it's the closest thing we've got.

As for the rest of the ideas, I have no input.
rush2049 wrote: -fix the scoring system inthe num_enter button screen, for human players it is always negative and some obscenely low #,and computers shoot off in the other direction, there should be some kind of weighting with research, units build/destroyed, and buildings built/destroyed.....
I dunno about you, but I always have a really high number...

I had 1,300,000 some points, yesterday, during a game. =p

The points are just offspring of how much damage you do to the enemy.
So basically, more units = more damage to the enemy = more points for you, less points for them. (It works both ways. You gain points when you deal damage, and lose points when you take damage.)
That's the entirety of how the point system works.

And thus, I end.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

-be able to set ai alliance [...]
This is implemented already, I hope it will be released with the next release.
?topic=1617.0