Too hard!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Vexagon
Greenhorn

Too hard!

Post by Vexagon »

Skirmish mode is too hard! I can barely handle 1 easy opponent (almost no enemy)!
The AI builds lots of units and they keep on upgrading. Please make the easiest enemy worse =P

Maybe I am just terrible at WZ2100, but I bet there are gamers out there worse than me.
I want to become a Physics programmer.
This is what I've made so far
http://fjodorvanveen.nl/fjo/Boider4.swf
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Too hard!

Post by Olrox »

Start playing 4-player maps with 2 teams, one average AI at your side and two easier AIs on the other team. Also, remember to read this carefully:
http://guide.wz2100.net/earlygamestrategy
This helps a lot in both skirmish and MP, if you get used to the procedures described in the guide I'm sure you'll have no trouble with most AI difficulties (considering that your reflexes are decent, no offense of course) :)

~Olrox :!!!:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Or stick to a two player until you get a feel for it. High Ground is a good map. It offers both good defensive and offensive conditions. I still use it to test myself against the hell-on-earth mods.

Whatever you do, keep at it. When it first came out, one reviewer contrasted it with C&C by saying that while C&C was for boys, WZ was for men. So hang in, it'll be worth it.
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Then in a week or so you will complain it is too easy! Image
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

If you haven't tried it before, try turning the speed down. Certainly while learning what to do, running at full speed makes things harder for you than for the AI. Also, learn the maps you are playing on - fire up a game, use the deity cheat to reveal the full map, and from that you can figure out where the enemy is, where the oil resources are that you will want early game, and where the best places are to build defenses. Pay attention to your economy and research speed - if you aren't researching and building the power and research modules early on (assuming a T1 start), you are putting yourself at a real disadvantage.

Keith
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

I have from one of maps similar problem ; startup 2c
after sure time of game the tanks Tiger Hager the itp; they be able to smash up every defensive building practically
Attachments
wz2100_Sk-Startup_shot_007.png
wz2100_Sk-Startup_shot_005.png
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

You can't tutrle on low power maps like that you have spread out and hold oil.See my video of Back to Basics game. Link below. You also are playing way to long you are almost at an hour just go rush them. AI is pretty easy by the way they just cheat on research besides that they are simple.
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

Wow, he managed to see Tigers on Startup - I'm impressed!
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

map high - ground or Rush it does not make up for me no problems, it walks me tylko about map Startup and game in mode T1 (in T2 or I will advise T3 me and with her)
I have 10 the built-up sources of oil
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

I'm not completely sure of what you're saying, but Daltx's comments remain appropriate. Startup has a relatively high amount of oil available to players on their own side of the map. Besides having enough oil for your own purposes, you want to keep the AI player from holding a lot of oil. When I've played startup in T1, typically by about 20 minutes or so of game time I am starting to attack the heart of the enemy base in force, and I've already taken out most or all of their outlying oil resources.
I've only seen enemy Tigers in skirmish T1 games when two of the AIs are allied against me (and thus cooperating on research).

Keith
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Vexagon wrote:Skirmish mode is too hard! I can barely handle 1 easy opponent (almost no enemy)!
The AI builds lots of units and they keep on upgrading. Please make the easiest enemy worse =P

Maybe I am just terrible at WZ2100, but I bet there are gamers out there worse than me.
Get better.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4825
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

thats wat makes it fun bro lol i guess lol well thats wat makes it more fun to me cuz i think to myself (after i get fkkin pissed lol) no way imma let some stupid software program beat me i stare intentlly to the monitor or tv and say "we humans fkkin created u and imma beat u " lol yea sad i knw but hey watev lol

Translation: The difficulty is what makes it fun! It gives an incentive to improve yourself to the level where you can beat the AI.
Last edited by Zarel on 07 May 2010, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added translation
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

The above reply was marked 'awesome'. The author of this comment is a non-native english speaker and is really proud that he understood the post.
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

non native english speaker??? u tryin to say somethin cuz im mexican?? u really wanna go down that route???
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

I think Michal is saying that he (Michal) is not a native speaker of English, and is proud that he could understand your comment.