Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Black Project » 11 Mar 2010, 03:47

dmkp wrote:Well I'd love to know what the name of the pie is that dragon's teeth uses :P


Okay, you won xD

The name of the pie model is "mitrapst.pie"

It's inside of "base.wz" and placed at "structs" folder.

Regards BP
User avatar
Black Project
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 734
Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 20:53

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Mats » 11 Mar 2010, 12:52

Zarel wrote:For speed, there's engine upgrades. For HP, there's alloy upgrades. We don't need even more upgrades for speed or HP, and there's nothing else about propulsions that are in any way upgradable.


zarel wrote:Is it really that big of a deal whether there are 9 or 10 upgrades? I'm sure it was for balance reasons.


Would be good if you could build cheaper, faster produced tanks that were still strong. Late game, fortresses kill anything that's not vengence, wyvern or dragon so quickly. With more vehicle upgrades, maybe some other heavy bodies, that are less expensive, faster produced and faster moving, could still be useful. It would also counter how devastatingly strong fortresses are. You can have 2 vengence gauss tracks/hover or one missle fortress that can take out several of them...

It's mostly useful for turtles. I guess it could be balanced by being really expensive?


Something to take down fortresses and people who research hardcrete too much! But it couldn't be a light hit + run like the bunker buster I think. It would have to be expensive and heavy (like heavy laser or something).

As an aside, the fortresses should be a bit more expensive.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Mats
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 31 Jan 2010, 16:22
Location: Various

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Zarel » 11 Mar 2010, 13:20

Mats wrote:Would be good if you could build cheaper, faster produced tanks that were still strong. Late game, fortresses kill anything that's not vengence, wyvern or dragon so quickly. With more vehicle upgrades, maybe some other heavy bodies, that are less expensive, faster produced and faster moving, could still be useful. It would also counter how devastatingly strong fortresses are. You can have 2 vengence gauss tracks/hover or one missle fortress that can take out several of them...

Of course fortresses kill those things quickly. That's why they're fortresses.

Use expendable BBs, artillery, VTOLs, or something like that. Warzone isn't a game where you're supposed to win by mindlessly throwing whatever you want at your enemy. Throwing flamer borgs against heavy laser emplacements isn't going to work, either.

Mats wrote:Something to take down fortresses and people who research hardcrete too much! But it couldn't be a light hit + run like the bunker buster I think. It would have to be expensive and heavy (like heavy laser or something).

An interesting idea.
User avatar
Zarel
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 5770
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 23:35
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Mats » 11 Mar 2010, 13:53

The point is not that a fortress is invincible but it is too strong for the cost. To destroy a fortresses cost effectively, the only thing to do is artillary, which leads to boring artillary wars. Using expendable BBs or VTOLs is very expensive. You are going to spend much more on the stuff to destroy a fortress then your enemy spent on building the thing and worse still, if you very badly damage, but don't destroy it, the next time you attack it, it's going to have been repaired. So, fortresses should be more expensive or something needs to be done to make them more cost balanced or both.

(going off topic a bit)
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Mats
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 31 Jan 2010, 16:22
Location: Various

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby dmkp » 11 Mar 2010, 14:29

Black Project wrote:
dmkp wrote:Well I'd love to know what the name of the pie is that dragon's teeth uses :P


Okay, you won xD

The name of the pie model is "mitrapst.pie"

It's inside of "base.wz" and placed at "structs" folder.

Regards BP


Thanks =]

I can add it to the campaign now.
dmkp
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:50
Location: UK

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby dmkp » 12 Mar 2010, 00:28

Some more here you missed :p
Code: Select all
/* LABS */
Z-Lab01               "Cyborg Laboratory"
Z-Lab02               "Advanced Warfare Laboratory"
Z-Lab03               "Engineering Laboratory"
Z-Lab04               "Robotics Laboratory"
Z-Lab05               "Laser Optics Laboratory"
Z-Lab06               "Electronics Laboratory"
Z-Lab07               "Chemical Laboratory"
Z-Lab08               "*Advanced Materials Lab*"
Z-Lab09               "*VTOL Lab*"
Z-Lab10               "*Electro-Magnetics Lab*"
Z-Lab11               "*Nanotech Lab*"
Z-Lab12               "*High Energy Lab*"

/* LABS RESEARCH */
R-Lab-AdvWarfare         "Advanced Warfare"
R-Lab-Chemical            "Chemical Laboratory"
R-Lab-Cyborg            "Cyborg Laboratory"
R-Lab-Electronics         "Electronics Laboratory"
R-Lab-Engineering         "Engineering Laboratory"
R-Lab-Robotics            "Robotics Laboratory"
dmkp
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:50
Location: UK

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Black Project » 12 Mar 2010, 05:20

dmkp wrote:Some more here you missed :p
Code: Select all
/* LABS */
Z-Lab01               "Cyborg Laboratory"
Z-Lab02               "Advanced Warfare Laboratory"
Z-Lab03               "Engineering Laboratory"
Z-Lab04               "Robotics Laboratory"
Z-Lab05               "Laser Optics Laboratory"
Z-Lab06               "Electronics Laboratory"
Z-Lab07               "Chemical Laboratory"
Z-Lab08               "*Advanced Materials Lab*"
Z-Lab09               "*VTOL Lab*"
Z-Lab10               "*Electro-Magnetics Lab*"
Z-Lab11               "*Nanotech Lab*"
Z-Lab12               "*High Energy Lab*"

/* LABS RESEARCH */
R-Lab-AdvWarfare         "Advanced Warfare"
R-Lab-Chemical            "Chemical Laboratory"
R-Lab-Cyborg            "Cyborg Laboratory"
R-Lab-Electronics         "Electronics Laboratory"
R-Lab-Engineering         "Engineering Laboratory"
R-Lab-Robotics            "Robotics Laboratory"


I gonna update the list.

About these stuff, well, i don't know to explain better about these, but their PIE files were included too.

I think they're special reseaches, that after you finish researching, you should build them, so they will gave you new technologies to research depending on each structures you gonna build.

They weren't implemented, i don't know the reason, if i try to explain this, maybe i'll be lying to the people.

If someone can explain this better, i'll be thankful for that.

It's model names:

bladvlab.pie => Advanced Warfare (Or Materials) Laboratory
blaerolb.pie => VTOL Laboratory
blgyrlab.pie => I don't know it's name
blindlab.pie => Engineering Laboratory
bllaslab.pie => Laser Optics Laboratory
blnanlab.pie => Nanotech Laboratory
blpowlab.pie => High Energy Laboratory
blrotlab.pie => I don't know it's name too

Regards BP
User avatar
Black Project
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 734
Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 20:53

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Mats » 12 Mar 2010, 13:16

Just an educated guess but it would seem to be sensible and explain why they were not implimented. I think each building would be a seperate one, like the command relay centre, which allows commanders to be built.

Z-Lab01 "Cyborg Laboratory" - Required before Cyborg factory/cyborg research
Z-Lab02 "Advanced Warfare Laboratory" - ??
Z-Lab03 "Engineering Laboratory" - ??
Z-Lab04 "Robotics Laboratory" - Required before 'robotic' upgrades
Z-Lab05 "Laser Optics Laboratory" - Required before lasers can be researched and built
Z-Lab06 "Electronics Laboratory" - Required before NeXus turrets can be researched and built
Z-Lab07 "Chemical Laboratory" - ??
Z-Lab08 "*Advanced Materials Lab*" - Required before a 'advanced' base struct/tank materials
Z-Lab09 "*VTOL Lab*" - Required before VTOLs can be researched and built
Z-Lab10 "*Electro-Magnetics Lab*" - Required before EMPs/rails can be researched and built?
Z-Lab11 "*Nanotech Lab*" - ??
Z-Lab12 "*High Energy Lab*" -??

A few of them don't seem to make sense, but this guess would seem to fit. Never to be implimented because they take too much room up in base? This would nearly double base size.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Mats
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 31 Jan 2010, 16:22
Location: Various

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Zarel » 12 Mar 2010, 13:22

They weren't implemented because having different research facilities for each type of research was deemed overly complex. It's the "Warzone is a strategy game, not a research-facility-whack-a-mole game" rule.

I think it's precisely that we have only one research facility that Warzone can have such a huge tech tree while teching up is less tedious than in other RTS games.

I suppose it would be useful to stop anyone from research rushing towards anything specific, though. I'm considering bringing them back for that reason only, but I have a feeling people would hate that.
User avatar
Zarel
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 5770
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 23:35
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Mats » 12 Mar 2010, 13:29

Zarel wrote:I suppose it would be useful to stop anyone from research rushing towards anything specific, though. I'm considering bringing them back for that reason only, but I have a feeling people would hate that.


On many maps, there just isn't room for extra structures like that... You already are building stuff outside of base on a lot levels. What about when these structures are destroyed? For example, if you're in the middle of pulse laser research and your only laser lab gets destroyed, do you have rebuild it before your research can continue? Very annoying. Players could just target one lab if they can see you have gone half way down a tech, to stop you getting any further with it.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Mats
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 31 Jan 2010, 16:22
Location: Various

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby TheBurlak20 » 12 Mar 2010, 14:03

Z-Lab11 "*Nanotech Lab*" - ??


Perhaps required before auto repair can be researched.
My English sucks...
User avatar
TheBurlak20
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 22 Jan 2009, 01:45
Location: Poland

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby dmkp » 12 Mar 2010, 17:05

Well those models could always be used for something else instead.


A new faction could use these? Or they could be prerequisite structures for only specific research topics (like already mentioned - the auto repair).
dmkp
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:50
Location: UK

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby MaNGusT » 22 Mar 2010, 02:44

those labs can be used as research lab modules. we need just scale them down. :)
they also can be destroyed separately, like in StarCraft - buildings of the terrans race.
Image
User avatar
MaNGusT
Art contributor
 
Posts: 941
Joined: 22 Sep 2006, 10:31
Location: Polar region, Russia

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Tenoh » 24 Mar 2010, 22:24

Hmm, why not give player a choice? you can have normal research lab that can research everything at 100% speed or specialized one where you get 150% speed to special tech of your choice and 75%speed researching there anything else.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
User avatar
Tenoh
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 340
Joined: 18 Nov 2008, 15:06

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Postby Zarax » 25 Mar 2010, 02:12

Minor suggestion:

Propulsion research could give speed bonuses wheb climbing cliffs and/or reduce the overloading penalty.
We do have an historical mirror into this, at least for tanks, emulating suspension research.

What do you think?
Zarax
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 11:54

PreviousNext

Return to Development