Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Post by Black Project »

For those who are curious to know a little about these non-implemented features:

Level 2/3 Wheeled, Half-Tracked, Tracked, Hovered, Legged and VTOL Propulsion: These "special" propulsion are included in-game but not used, due to balancing reasons (Too many HP ,too lighty and expensive)

Cyborg Jump Pack: Cyborg that jumps, but only implemented in 1.11. If moving, only AA can shoot them. If you have dozens of HC Python Tracks and they spot about 10 Scourge Cyborgs moving, your tanks will be doomed to their deaths because they can't shoot them while the Jump Cyborgs are moving, only if they stop moving. Same apply to bases which have tons of defense but no AA stuff. Removed in 1.12 due to balance reasons.

Jump Cyborgs Available:

Jump Bunker Blaster
Jump Heavy Gunner
Jump Lancer
Jump Assault Gunner
Jump Needle Gunner
Jump Scourge
Jump Flashlight Gunner

Jammer Tower, Jammer Turret, Jammer Tower II, Jammer Turret II, Jammer Tower III, Jammer Turret III: NEVER implemented as comented right now

Hellfire and Hellfire Emplacement: An incendiary version of the Howitzer. Enabled even right now, before implementing it, Pumpkin renamed it to Incendiary Howitzer

Devastator Missile: The Bunker Buster Missile! The bane of any defense in the battlefield! It's twice powerful than BB Rocket, but slower to reload, It have your VTOL variant too, which is more devastating. Only implemented in 1.12 patch. Removed because the art was not GPL.

Earthshaker: A SCUD-style missile launcher. Kill anything with ONE shot! Implemented only in the WZ Demo Version in GEX 3 game. You must use cheat (make all items available to use) to use it. Implemented in the Delphinio's NTW Mod as Condor Missile

Tornado Flak Turret: A twin-barreled version of Cyclone Flak Turret. Only implemented in WZ Demo Version.

Tornado AA Flak Site: The Tornado NEVER had it's structure variant.

Supergun: A big twin-barreled super cannon! Only implemented in WZ Demo Version limited to defensive role. Implemented in NTW Mod as Super Twin Cannon, but can be mounted on vehicles and it's defensive structure is a bunker, not that crappy pit.

NavaroneGun: A big bunker with a twin heavy cannon barrels. Only implemented in Warzone Demo Version in GEX 3 by via cheats (make all items available), but a LOT buggy to build. NEVER used in Retail and GPL versions.

Proximity Bomb Turret: Was only implemented in an obscure mod. A suicidal turret that explodes everything within range. Difficult to balance, so never used in an un-modded game.

Proximity Superbomb Turret: Same as the previous one, but a lot more powerful.

Dragon's Teeth: The Dragon's Teeth version of the Tank Traps (like ones that trap tanks in World War II). Enabled in WZ Demo Version by via cheat, but never used in retail and freeware versions.

Revenger Cyborg: IMHO, it's a cyborg armed with Avenger missiles for AA role. Never implemented.

Bunker Blaster Cyborg: Cyborg armed with Bunker Buster rocket. Never implemented.

Researches that were never implemented:
==================================================================================================
Cyborg Self-Repair
Automated Cyborg Repair Mk2
Automated Cyborg Repair Mk3
Defenses Self-Repair
Automated Defenses Repair Mk2
Automated Defenses Repair Mk3
Base Structure Self-Repair
Automated Base Structure Repair Mk2
Automated Base Structure Repair Mk3
Vehicle Self-Repair
Automated Vehicle Repair Mk2
Automated Vehicle Repair Mk3

These weren't implemented because the Auto-Repair reserach combine all these in one. No need to create lots of Self-Repairing researchs, a major self-repairing technology is enough.
==================================================================================================
Mobile Repair Upgrade
Mobile Repair Upgrade Mk2

Mobile Repair Upgrades. Never implemented.
High Density Base Structure Materials

The tenth base structure upgrade. Never implemented
Self-Replicating Cyborg Production

Tenth Cyborg Factory Upgrade. Never implemented too.
Advanced Repair Facility
Advanced Repair Facility Mk2
Advanced Repair Facility Mk3

Tech Three Repair Facility Upgrade. The first one was implemented in Zarel's Rebalance Mod. The last 2 ones, NEVER.
Sensor Lock

I don't have an opinion about this, but maybe an upgrade that increase sensor range
Ionizing Turbine Engine
Bonded Laminates
The last 2 vehicle/engine upgrades, but never implemented.

Laboratories: Special structures, that after you finish researching, you should build them, so they will gave you new technologies to research depending on each structures you gonna build.

Never implemented (as Zarel said) because having different research facilities for each type of research was deemed overly complex. Warzone is a strategy game, not "a research-facility-whack-a-mole game" rule.

This might be useful to stop anyone from research rushing, but people would hate this.

Laboratories available:

Cyborg Laboratory
Advanced Warfare Laboratory
Engineering Laboratory
Robotics Laboratory
Laser Optics Laboratory
Electronics Laboratory
Chemical Laboratory
Advanced Materials Laboratory
VTOL Laboratory
Electro-Magnetics Laboratory
Nanotech Laboratory
High Energy Laboratory

Enjoy the list and imaginate these stuff implemented in Warzone one day :twisted: xD ;)

Regards BP

Edit by Zarel: A few corrections
Added by BP the Laboratories, thanks for dmkp and Zarel.
Last edited by Black Project on 15 Mar 2010, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:For those who are curious to know a little about these non-implemented features:
A great list! I'm going to split and sticky this, if you don't mind.

A few things, first:
Black Project wrote:Level 2/3 Wheeled, Half-Tracked, Tracked, Hovered, Legged and VTOL Propulsion: These "special" propulsion are included in-game but not used, due to balancing reasons (Too many HP ,too lighty and expensive)
I believe they're used in some AI units in campaign.
Black Project wrote:Cyborg Jump Pack: Cyborg that jumps, but only implemented in 1.12. If moving, only AA can shoot them. If you have dozens of HC Python Tracks and they spot about 10 Scourge Cyborgs moving, your tanks will be doomed to their deaths because they can't shoot them while the Jump Cyborgs are moving, only if they stop moving. Same apply to bases which have tons of defense but no AA stuff. Removed due to balance reasons.
They were implemented in 1.11 and removed in 1.12, for balance reasons.
Black Project wrote:Devastator Missile: The Bunker Buster Missile! The bane of any defense in the battlefield! It's twice powerful than BB Rocket, but slower to reload, It have your VTOL variant too, which is more devastating. Only implemented in 1.12 patch. Removed due to balance reasons AFAIK
To be exact, it was removed because no one had a license for it. I'd like to reimplement it if someone came up with a new model.
Black Project wrote:Proximity Bomb Turret: Never hearded and seen this weapon in action, but never was implemented. I believe that was a suicidal turret that explodes everything within range.

Proximity Superbomb Turret: Same as the previous one, but a lot more powerful.
I've seen these used in mods, called "Nova Turret" and "Supernova Turret".

I'm not sure I want to bring these back - suicide units are really difficult to balance, since they depend so much more on luck than regular weapons do.
Black Project wrote:Revenger Cyborg: IMHO, it's a cyborg armed with Avenger missiles for AA role. Never implemented.
And a horrible name, too. Fortunately, Scourge cyborgs can hit air, so these are no longer necessary.
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Re: Jammers in names.txt

Post by dmkp »

Dragon's Teeth were in the ps1 version.. what's the model called?

Btw what's "GEX 3" ?
Aren't the nexus cyborgs using the jump propulsion?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

dmkp wrote:Btw what's "GEX 3" ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex_3:_Deep_Cover_Gecko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gex_3_box.jpg => Note in the part were says: INCLUDE DEMOS OF
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:A great list! I'm going to split and sticky this, if you don't mind.
Hey, no problems, go ahead, you can stick/split this, i believe that many people are interested to know a bit more about these curious stuff ;)

Most of their GFX models are present in newer releases too, but never used. I can include screenshots of these :)
Zarel wrote:I believe they're used in some AI units in campaign.
NEXUS use Level II Hover propulsion to equal the same HP of a normal Tracked propulsion :twisted:
Zarel wrote:They were implemented in 1.11 and removed in 1.12, for balance reasons.
Thanks for reminding me :) i didn't played the retail version for a long time ago.
Zarel wrote:To be exact, it was removed because no one had a license for it. I'd like to reimplement it if someone came up with a new model.
I have a new and well detailed BB Missile (polycount is not high, so no problems about killing FPS), that in fact, it's a remake of the original Devastator, but started all from zero. Would you like to use this?
In-Game model in WZ2120 Mod
In-Game model in WZ2120 Mod
Devastator.png (20.08 KiB) Viewed 41358 times
Zarel wrote:I've seen these used in mods, called "Nova Turret" and "Supernova Turret".

I'm not sure I want to bring these back - suicide units are really difficult to balance, since they depend so much more on luck than regular weapons do.
Well... better keep this weapon away from Warzone, since it can trash everything easily, so, IMO, it's a "just for fun" weapon, but not for balance purposes, one day we'll see this weapon in a mod only :ninja:

Regards BP
Last edited by Zarel on 09 Mar 2010, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove nested quotes
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

How did you make that new BB model? I can't get the pie editor working :( has a run time error. Something about not being able to create an activex object - I have installed all the ocx, vb runtime etc stuff.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Which PIE Editor you use? PIE Toaster or PIE Slicer DX?

If using PIE Slicer, i think you should need to update from v0.82 v1.12, there's a link to them:

PIE Slicer DX: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymhzkfakznm
PIE Slicer DX v1.12 Update: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m0izhnjtjii
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

Wheels/tracks/hover mk II and III

Can these not be rebalanced (so as not to be such powerful upgrades) and introduced? The propulsions are pretty much the only thing in the game that is not upgradable...

Devistator missle

Re-introduced? If this was on hover, I don't see that building defences will be very useful anymore. I think something 2x as strong as bunker busters is too much! Would have to be rebalanced to be a bit less strong and maybe heavier.
Ionizing Turbine Engine
Bonded Laminates
The last 2 vehicle/engine upgrades, but never implemented.
Why not ?
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:I have a new and well detailed BB Missile (polycount is not high, so no problems about killing FPS), that in fact, it's a remake of the original Devastator, but started all from zero. Would you like to use this?
That would be great!
Mats wrote:Wheels/tracks/hover mk II and III

Can these not be rebalanced (so as not to be such powerful upgrades) and introduced? The propulsions are pretty much the only thing in the game that is not upgradable...
Why should they be?

For speed, there's engine upgrades. For HP, there's alloy upgrades. We don't need even more upgrades for speed or HP, and there's nothing else about propulsions that are in any way upgradable.
Mats wrote:Devistator missle

Re-introduced? If this was on hover, I don't see that building defences will be very useful anymore. I think something 2x as strong as bunker busters is too much! Would have to be rebalanced to be a bit less strong and maybe heavier.
It's mostly useful for turtles. I guess it could be balanced by being really expensive?
Mats wrote:Re: The last 2 vehicle/engine upgrades, but never implemented.

Why not ?
Why should they be implemented? o_O

Is it really that big of a deal whether there are 9 or 10 upgrades? I'm sure it was for balance reasons.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Black Project wrote: Earthshaker: A SCUD-style missile launcher. Kill anything with ONE shot! Implemented only in the WZ Demo Version in GEX 3 game. You must use cheat (make all items available to use) to use it. Implemented in the Delphinio's NTW Mod as Condor Missile
It's a cool thread, man!
It would be such a nice thing to post some pics here... :gonk:
Since I don't have a PSone with GEX3... Is the Condor Missile exactly the same thing with same pie? I definetely should take a look..
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

Black Project wrote:Which PIE Editor you use? PIE Toaster or PIE Slicer DX?

If using PIE Slicer, i think you should need to update from v0.82 v1.12, there's a link to them:

PIE Slicer DX: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymhzkfakznm
PIE Slicer DX v1.12 Update: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m0izhnjtjii

Already got the updated version :/

Where can I find PIE Toaster?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Hi Zarel, there's the PIE files of the Devastator's remake you wanted:
Devastator_BB_Missile.zip
Muzzle GFX: 109 Points, 91 Polygons
Turret GFX: 24 Points, 10 Polygons
License is now CC0 (Public Domain)
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
EDIT: declared as Public Domain to prevent licensing issues :)

dmkp wrote:Already got the updated version :/
Try to downgrade to v0.82.
PIE Toaster: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1018&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... =15#p11087
Last edited by Black Project on 10 Mar 2010, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

Black Project wrote:Hi Zarel, there's the PIE files of the Devastator's remake you wanted:
Devastator_BB_Missile.zip
dmkp wrote:Already got the updated version :/
Try to downgrade to v0.82.
PIE Toaster: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1018&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... =15#p11087
The original version didn't work either, I'll give toaster a try :) thanks.
Can I use that model too? Been wanting to add a cam2 level bunker buster for some time.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

dmkp wrote:The original version didn't work either, I'll give toaster a try :) thanks.
Can I use that model too? Been wanting to add a cam2 level bunker buster for some time.
Yes, i declared this GFX as CC0 (Public Domain), so feel free to use it :D

I thinking to make a nostalgic mod that enable most of these features (Not research, just weapons)

What you think. Now people will revive the old times of Warzone xD

Regards BP
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

Well I'd love to know what the name of the pie is that dragon's teeth uses :P