Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Post by Zarel »

I don't think it's different enough from engine research to warrant a separate upgrade line. It's not even like "damage" and "ROF"... it's more like "damage" and "better damage multipliers against some targets"
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

Zarel wrote:I don't think it's different enough from engine research to warrant a separate upgrade line. It's not even like "damage" and "ROF"... it's more like "damage" and "better damage multipliers against some targets"
ROF is also useful if you have say, a line of lancer hardpoints. If they are slow ROF, one cheap tank can be 'sacrified' to them and the others can all come in and wreck up the lancer hardpoints. Higher ROF makes tactics like this much less effective.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Mats wrote:ROF is also useful if you have say, a line of lancer hardpoints. If they are slow ROF, one cheap tank can be 'sacrified' to them and the others can all come in and wreck up the lancer hardpoints. Higher ROF makes tactics like this much less effective.
...what's your point? I never said or implied that ROF wasn't useful. O_o
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

Fair enough, although you may want to reconsider it once we have multi turred bodies in game...
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarax wrote:Fair enough, although you may want to reconsider it once we have multi turred bodies in game...
O_o
Yeah Zarel, reconsider... hmm... reconsider what? 8)

~Olrox
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

Err... Looks like I missed the quote button:
Zarel wrote:I don't think it's different enough from engine research to warrant a separate upgrade line. It's not even like "damage" and "ROF"... it's more like "damage" and "better damage multipliers against some targets"
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarax wrote:Err... Looks like I missed the quote button:
Well, but, there will probably be no other multi-turret bodies than dragon in the game (without a mod, that is). And I don't really understand your point, do you mean that with more vehicle research items, there will be more room in the research tree for multi-turret bodies prereqs?

Anywa, my personal opinion is that this is getting too much about "Research facility types" only, perhaps that could be continued in a more apropriate (new) topic, not to deceive index-browsing members?

~Olrox
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I don't understand. Multi turret bodies don't have anything to do with the fact that speed bonuses aren't very different from speed bonuses...
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:I don't understand. Multi turret bodies don't have anything to do with the fact that speed bonuses aren't very different from speed bonuses...
(2), also.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

I've gotta ask: weight does influence speed, right?
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarax wrote:I've gotta ask: weight does influence speed, right?
And I've gotta ask, why do we need to create additional upgrades, other than the current ones? The multi-turret bodies will still be slower than everything.
In addition, if you drop a coin and an apple from the same height, they'll acquire the same speed until they hit the ground, with the same acceleration

~Olrox
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Laboratories: Special structures, that after you finish researching, you should build them, so they will gave you new technologies to research depending on each structures you gonna build.

Never implemented (as Zarel said) because having different research facilities for each type of research was deemed overly complex. Warzone is a strategy game, not "a research-facility-whack-a-mole game" rule.

This might be useful to stop anyone from research rushing, but people would hate this.
Laboratories available:

Cyborg Laboratory
Advanced Warfare Laboratory
Engineering Laboratory
Robotics Laboratory
Laser Optics Laboratory
Electronics Laboratory
Chemical Laboratory
Advanced Materials Laboratory
VTOL Laboratory
Electro-Magnetics Laboratory
Nanotech Laboratory
High Energy Laboratory
NO, HORRIBLE IDEA.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

AMEN! the research is complex enough.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

if wz had genuine factions each with tech specialties then it would a different story - & a different game.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

cumandgetit wrote:if wz had genuine factions each with tech specialties then it would a different story - & a different game.
And for the better, me thinks, bud. XD

Looks like the concept is picking-up a head of steam in reality too:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6139&start=15

- Regards, RV :hmm: