Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Re: Non-Implemented Features List. Enjoy :D

Post by Roux Le Corps »

yup, i agree this ould be useful for factions, but thats for another thread ;)
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

This is a nice list of classic stuff that was in the PSX/PC Demo version...I first played Warzone on the PSX demo, and by accident one time, pressed the give all button on controler two (X button I think?), and I was suprised to see the words - "All items made available" then I went to the design screen and was amazed at all the new components...then I saw the research menu list..etc...made the demo very fun after that lol...
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Post by Collective Leader »

Black Project wrote:
dmkp wrote:Some more here you missed :p

Code: Select all

/* LABS */
Z-Lab01					"Cyborg Laboratory"
Z-Lab02					"Advanced Warfare Laboratory"
Z-Lab03					"Engineering Laboratory"
Z-Lab04					"Robotics Laboratory"
Z-Lab05					"Laser Optics Laboratory"
Z-Lab06					"Electronics Laboratory"
Z-Lab07					"Chemical Laboratory"
Z-Lab08					"*Advanced Materials Lab*"
Z-Lab09					"*VTOL Lab*"
Z-Lab10					"*Electro-Magnetics Lab*"
Z-Lab11					"*Nanotech Lab*"
Z-Lab12					"*High Energy Lab*"

/* LABS RESEARCH */
R-Lab-AdvWarfare			"Advanced Warfare"
R-Lab-Chemical				"Chemical Laboratory"
R-Lab-Cyborg				"Cyborg Laboratory"
R-Lab-Electronics			"Electronics Laboratory"
R-Lab-Engineering			"Engineering Laboratory"
R-Lab-Robotics				"Robotics Laboratory"
I gonna update the list.

About these stuff, well, i don't know to explain better about these, but their PIE files were included too.

I think they're special reseaches, that after you finish researching, you should build them, so they will gave you new technologies to research depending on each structures you gonna build.

They weren't implemented, i don't know the reason, if i try to explain this, maybe i'll be lying to the people.

If someone can explain this better, i'll be thankful for that.

It's model names:

bladvlab.pie => Advanced Warfare (Or Materials) Laboratory
blaerolb.pie => VTOL Laboratory
blgyrlab.pie => I don't know it's name
blindlab.pie => Engineering Laboratory
bllaslab.pie => Laser Optics Laboratory
blnanlab.pie => Nanotech Laboratory
blpowlab.pie => High Energy Laboratory
blrotlab.pie => I don't know it's name too

Regards BP

So Pie-slicer is basically a software capable of modding Warzone? :D
(I could implement some cool stuff maybe. :wink: )
Warriors of the Collective, attack and destroy all who resist The Machine.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Doing some experiment i just stumbled on a propulsion named "ski" (propulsiontype.txt)... oh well...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Don't know if someone suggested it before (and maybe already implemented in some builds) but it will be nice to have an ability to "sponsor" allies researches. For example you need an expensive research and your friend started research but he have no power. It you will give him some power via "Power transfer" it will be divided into some parts and only the little part of power will come to research on heavy production loads. But if you'll give power for selected research it will speed up the progress.
Thanks.
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

cumandgetit wrote:if wz had genuine factions each with tech specialties then it would a different story - & a different game.
as much as that idea could be thought about. it would turn warzone into a sort of command and conquer style RTS which to me would seem like a waste of time really. not only that but if you choice a particular faction. you are only going to get weapon tech from that faction and that one only which in my eyes would spoil the game.

example: player choices nexus faction= nexus weapons and structure and tech only.

to me that is too much of a complex job to go through each faction and seperate each weapon,reserch ect
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Raven wrote:to me that is too much of a complex job to go through each faction and seperate each weapon,reserch ect
Agreed, it would really be hard work. When it comes to factions, I believe WZ already already has four of them, the Project, the Paradigm, the Collective, and the Nexus, and separating these factions in the tech tree of Multiplayer and making modifications in the game could be a lot of time/work. But man, it would be fun to watch an all Project team going versus the Nexus. :3
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

i was thinking recently aswell that there should be a friends list implented in to the multi-player section of the game so that if people want to play with friends they can join in the game they create instead of not knowing weather or not they are online. just a thought
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

That's not a bad idea. If such a feature was implemented, then we could check to see which of our friends are online and perhaps invite them over for a match, eh? Another thing that I'd like to propose is if we could add people that we meet in online matches onto our friends list in case we'd like to have another match with them.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

perfect ^ exactly what i ment
Dreamcatcher
Greenhorn

Post by Dreamcatcher »

Black Project wrote:Cyborg Jump Pack: Cyborg that jumps, but only implemented in 1.11. If moving, only AA can shoot them. If you have dozens of HC Python Tracks and they spot about 10 Scourge Cyborgs moving, your tanks will be doomed to their deaths because they can't shoot them while the Jump Cyborgs are moving, only if they stop moving. Same apply to bases which have tons of defense but no AA stuff. Removed in 1.12 due to balance reasons.

Jump Cyborgs Available:

Jump Bunker Blaster
Jump Heavy Gunner
Jump Lancer
Jump Assault Gunner
Jump Needle Gunner
Jump Scourge
Jump Flashlight Gunner
Is bunker blaster =~ bunker buster?

In my opinion, this should be the Cyborg JET Pack. For Balance stuff, i'd reduce its speed to 1.2 tiles/second. This way most wouldn't survive to AA defence.

Another thing I'd like to see is Rails hitting VTOLs. The HPV cannon is able to do so, due to its shot speed. The Railguns have higher shot speed than HPV cannons, so why [needle guns and railguns, not gauss cannons] these can't?

Just enjoy!
UUolf
Greenhorn

Post by UUolf »

I registered just to say GREAT GAME!!!! The graphics aren't the best, but the amount of technology, and the make your own units thing is an amazing concept!!!! :lecture: The concept of this game, i believe, is going to put it (if it is further developed) at the top of the charts someday!!!!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

UUolf wrote:I registered just to say GREAT GAME!!!! The graphics aren't the best, but the amount of technology, and the make your own units thing is an amazing concept!!!! :lecture: The concept of this game, i believe, is going to put it (if it is further developed) at the top of the charts someday!!!!!
yes, a game from 1999 and still eliciting statements such as yours, is a great game. will always be a great game. no one argues that point. :) welcome to the forums.
manakkaran0
New user

Post by manakkaran0 »

I can't get the pie editor working :( has a run time error. Something about not being able to create an activex object - I have installed all the ocx, vb runtime etc stuff.