Live action

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Aranor
Greenhorn

Live action

Post by Aranor »

I was curious if anyone has played with the idea for a live action television show.  The scavenger aspect of the game could almost be like road warrior revisited.  Follow the Project from before WZ2100 started through the games story and after as they explore the land attempting to reestablish civilization and encounter other...um...tribes... of people attempting their own form of control.  Get some good digital animation (Not like those on the sci fi channel.  Sorry, good ideas but lame animation).  I think it could rival Battlestar Galactica. 
Any issues with rites to the story with Eidos, former Punpkin studios?  Or is the source code and story free game?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Live action

Post by DevUrandom »

The code and the story (well, the video-subtitles and the campaign, to be exact) were included with the GPLed stuff. Just the original videos were not in that package. So you can even tell the Warzone story if you like...
Aranor
Greenhorn

Re: Live action

Post by Aranor »

That was pretty much my thinking.  Tell the pre-game story (Other than the bit about how the colapse happened, then follow the Commander through the story and the Commanders base after the story.  Perhaps get enough interest in it and get 2120 (Or any other name for a sequel) published.