Lobby Server - Improvement

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Lobby Server - Improvement

Post by JDW »

Awesome stuff!! Thanks Fastdeath! :3
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

can we add news to lobby as well? so people can see new game version or anything related :)
Fastdeath
Trained
Trained

Post by Fastdeath »

Thats already implement, it will tell you to upgrade when you host a 2.3.6 game.
Nightly builds available here see buildbot for more infos about them
Lobby Server: here and here
SharpFlame the new WZ Map Editor
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

some suggestions
Fastdeath wrote:Thats already implement, it will tell you to upgrade when you host a 2.3.6 game.
1. Not only that, i prefer news that fetch from wz2100.net/news so it will be updated automatically when someone update it

2. Probably you've seen it, it's some suggestions BB and me discuss maybe worth to implement it Change needed in Forum rules
3. Change player to bot if a player quit while he can still playing to maintain game balance
4. Chat language conversion: example Terminator write something in Russian, when I got it my computer it's English or Italian or else based on my warzone language.Probably using
  • Parse chat string to online translator. :twisted:
  • Ask community to make translation tool and use it, so we just need to match string word by word is it need to be convert from/to english then it will be printed on other player screen. Since it using word by word so no grammar (had better idea?), at least they know what you want, vice versa :lol2: . <- This could be invented on client or server side, on client-side we can ask player to update it regularly every time user enters online lobby or automatically if there is an internet connection.
Fastdeath
Trained
Trained

Post by Fastdeath »

The most of the stuff you suggest is a lot of work i don't have time to implement it.
You'r welcome to implement these features.
Nightly builds available here see buildbot for more infos about them
Lobby Server: here and here
SharpFlame the new WZ Map Editor
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

i could help with news since it just read atom feed then put it on screen but i need sometime to learn python, or i should do it in C?