Translation: Announcements / coordination

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Re: Translation: Announcements / coordination

Post by Alpha93 »

HolyDragoon wrote:Second: Is there any way in poedit to see the length of the translated string?
If you're still reading this, and if my IT knowledge doesn't fail me, every character is equal to 1 byte, if you're worrying about the unit name string maximum length (60 bytes).
Xfire-->chris37killer
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

Hmm... 60 bytes should be enough.

Also, why does the heart symbol in MP research show up with the tooltip... 'Orange'?
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
machintruc
Greenhorn

Post by machintruc »

cybersphinx wrote:I think I applied all outstanding updates now. If I missed some, please attach the po file to a ticket with type "translation", that's the easiest way to find them.
i can't register to trac.. there no button do to it, i attached updated fr.po

here u can see the diff (mostly typos): https://github.com/cpasmoi/warzone2100/ ... 86607e5b3e
Attachments

[The extension po has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Applied, thanks.
We want information... information... information.
yuki77
New user

Post by yuki77 »

I have been translated into Japanese.
Has completed 10%.
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

Hi there, WZ2100 team!

It's been quite a couple of years back since i've last visited this forum, but i've come back to lurk around a bit and i have a question regarding the new version supposedly planned to come out before christmas and the slovenian translation i made all those year ago.

Seeing how through all the changes since then my original translation is probably in dire need of updates, i wanted to ask if there would be still time for me to update my translation in time to be included in the new version? In other words, how much time would i have approximately to do it, one, two or three weeks?

I'll go ahead and look in to the process of translating the text; from my memory of my first time it should be simple enough... Btw, in regard to this - will there be any significant things added in the next version, like new weapons or some such, or is everything included in the current version? I just ask so i could translate them beforehand anything new would be implemented.

I'll be watching this space for the next couple of days for info and start working on the updated translation in the mean time, bye!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

There should be time, yes.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

ThomasCarstein wrote:Hi there, WZ2100 team!
I'll be watching this space for the next couple of days for info and start working on the updated translation in the mean time, bye!
Hey, read this post, it should get you up to speed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11570 it tells you about how we do things now.

As for new stuff, AFAIK, there isn't anything new in the 3.1 series, but, the master series has things that are different.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

Thanks for the info; i've made myself a github repo and am currently in the process of fixing/refreshing my previous translation; hopefully i'll be finished until end of this week or at least in two weeks' time. I'll be back then!
ShinyuWu
Greenhorn

Post by ShinyuWu »

I am working on Chinese translation
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

Just dropped by to say I'm reviewing the pt.po file, hopefully I'll be able to get all the entries translated and get rid of most of the fuzzy translations.

Should be around 40% of the review process, I'm rewording lines so they sound a bit better to the reader. (eg: 'unidades subordinadas' as translation for 'assigned units', as in artillery emplacements/units)

To anyone that uses or also translated this file, feel free to PM me with anything you might have found and that could use some improvement.

I don't understand squat how the whole github thing works, so I have no idea how to make that patch file. I'll check it in once I'm done with the review.

EDIT: Forgot again. I read somewhere there was a 72 char per line limit. Does that apply to the whole thing, or just to parts of it?
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
tiberiufratila
New user

Post by tiberiufratila »

I am currently working on the romanian translation. :)
armorant
New user

Post by armorant »

Hello everyone.
Today we have started to correct the existing ru.po (Russian) translation. Our team has an expirience in that. I've posted that message cause of "Translation" thread rule. At least for now I see no technical issues. The only thing I wanted to know about xx.po is compatibility among different versions. It'll be great if it suits original PS1 version or 3.1.2 (cause of XP users like me right now).
armorant
New user

Post by armorant »

Strange, I were sure that I post the message about correcting the ru.po (Russian) translation, but I can't see it. Maybe some premoderation things required or whatever. Try to send that one.
kzernabog
New user

Post by kzernabog »

Hi,
I am starting Esperanto translation.

Wish me good luck !