Translation: Announcements / coordination

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Translation: Announcements / coordination

Post by cybersphinx »

Please post in this thread when you start working on a translation (only open a ticket to attach your translation when you want it committed), so others can help with it and don't do duplicate work. See also Translation. For discussion, see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4564.

Note: see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11570 for info on how we will handle translation in releases.

Please note, your line length should NOT be over 72 characters, if it is, then it doesn't work correctly when outputted on the console. Please use \n to split the line up to smaller than 72 character chunks.

Translation maintainers: Currently working on:
  • Brazilian Portuguese: Tucalipe
  • Estonian: Erlando
  • Hungarian: mtomi78
  • Italian: Alpha93
  • Korean: urgood2
  • Polish: Emdek
  • Spanish: Saberuneko
  • Swedish: noccy
  • Ukrainian: olexandr1986
Announced:
  • Arabic: Professor
  • Chinese: davidqinzhe
  • Czech: Sim
  • Finnish: DarkJestic, Lartza
  • French: Shudrum, YannPo
  • Lithuanian: Strategas
  • Slovak: Patko0770
  • Thai: Nakaze
Since I am notoriously behind on updating this list, also see https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /master/po for whose translations actually got committed, and use the "search this topic" box at the top.

(Off-topic posts will be deleted/moved.)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Translation announcements / coordination

Post by KukY »

I will start translating to Croatian.
DarkJestic
New user

Post by DarkJestic »

I shall start translating to Finnish.
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

DarkJestic wrote:I shall start translating to Finnish.
We discussed yesterday, and I am taking charge of the Finnish translation.(Which I started earlier but didn't annouce.)
DarkJestic will correct, test and I will consult him in the process. This is fresh translation and not from the old fi.po.

And if anybody is interested or following the finnish translation I have completed 26%(by line count)
Last edited by Lartza on 24 Jan 2010, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
olexandr1986
New user

Post by olexandr1986 »

Ok, I started working on Ukrainian translation. Initially I used the translation file at which darkfoton started working and which was 19% complete. Just for the record: I am changing many of the messages previously translated as many of them have been made either incorrectly or not completely correct. I am currently at about 40% total progress. Should be able to finish it within a week at most.

31/01/10 - 100% done
Last edited by olexandr1986 on 31 Jan 2010, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

I'll mantain the italian translation up to date.
Xfire-->chris37killer
Shudrum
New user

Post by Shudrum »

Hi all,

If I understand how to do (and if it's needed) : I can work on the French translation, not all of the elements are localised.

(I go read the link)
Image Shudrum : A french warzone fan.
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Wow, this is how it feels watching your own son growing up...? I remember playing this game in my old (and still working) PSx... And the 2-disc original PC version. Now a whole team of people from many countries of the world joint together to make of this game a better one... Eidos should be proud of this. I'd love to help, but spanish version it's perfect. Sorry, I got all nostalgic.
Anihilation
New user

Post by Anihilation »

I will start to translate to Portuguese (Brazilian), and depending of my free time will mantain it afterwards (will see about it after translating)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Anihilation wrote:I will start to translate to Portuguese (Brazilian), and depending of my free time will mantain it afterwards (will see about it after translating)
We already have that, quite up to date as well: http://developer.wz2100.net/log/branche ... o/pt_BR.po (when people submit updates via ticket only I might forget to add them here...). If you think it needs more work, please get in touch with Tucalipe.
Anihilation
New user

Post by Anihilation »

cybersphinx wrote:
Anihilation wrote:I will start to translate to Portuguese (Brazilian), and depending of my free time will mantain it afterwards (will see about it after translating)
We already have that, quite up to date as well: http://developer.wz2100.net/log/branche ... o/pt_BR.po (when people submit updates via ticket only I might forget to add them here...). If you think it needs more work, please get in touch with Tucalipe.

No problem, just checked it now, will do a look over tomorrow but it seems quite good.
Sim
New user

Post by Sim »

I will start working on the Czech translation. According to the cs.po file header it hasn't been updated in two years.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

My personal computer doesn't work... Please don't expect me updating the spanish translation for a while, until I can afford a new one and set myself back to work.

EDIT: Forget about this... I have a new computer. ^^ I'm lucky! =3

EDIT2: I'm back up, this time I will use linux, so things would go easier this time. ^^

EDIT3: I have problems with the new machine, no matter how I install ubuntu, (dual boot with win7, same or different partition, dedicated or not dedicated partition...) it stops working after one or two boots... If anyone can help me with this I'll be very thankful.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

There is now some instructions (Translation/Mac) for Mac specific strings that need translating now that translations work on the mac. :D
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

dak180 wrote:There is now some instructions (Translation/Mac) for Mac specific strings that need translating now that translations work on the mac. :D
Oh! That's nice! Nice work on it.