Help me compile Warzone on Mac OS X 10.6!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Help me compile Warzone on Mac OS X 10.6!

Post by Zarel »

Hey, guys!

So I'm not going to have access to my Windows machine anytime soon, so I'll need to figure out how to compile Warzone on Mac OS X if you want me to fix any of the 10-or-so outstanding bugs I'm planning on fixing. ;)

Right now, I'm compiling with:

Code: Select all

xcodebuild -project Warzone.xcodeproj -target Warzone -configuration Release -sdk macosx10.5
Which is giving me these main errors:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
SDL:
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/SDL.build/Objects-normal/i386/SDL normal i386
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/SDL.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SDL normal ppc
Gettext:
	ProcessPCH /var/folders/Ju/Juipe8z2Gq4RBi-hBkKiuk+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-ejgkyjjjvnugvxgatlyrvremxwko/Carbon.h.gch /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
	ProcessPCH /var/folders/Ju/Juipe8z2Gq4RBi-hBkKiuk+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-eyjugddkdkeyjacnzkyiyhozdshe/Carbon.h.gch /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
SDL_net:
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/SDL_net.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SDL_net normal ppc
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/SDL_net.build/Objects-normal/i386/SDL_net normal i386
QuesoGLC:
	ProcessPCH /var/folders/Ju/Juipe8z2Gq4RBi-hBkKiuk+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-blxongxxfbewtoeexxaspfqdidkz/Carbon.h.gch /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
	ProcessPCH /var/folders/Ju/Juipe8z2Gq4RBi-hBkKiuk+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-ahgrjnjravaelqbwvhadhrthaftn/Carbon.h.gch /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
Warzone:
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Warzone normal ppc
	Ld /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/Warzone normal i386
(10 failures)
Any ideas?
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Re: Help me compile Warzone on Mac OS X 10.6!

Post by -Kosh- »

Where are the error messages? O_o
That looks like linker issues, you sure you have your libs path correct?
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I dunno, how would I set those up?
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

Hell, use the xcode IDE, and set it up with that.
I have not used macs in over a year now, and I do not recall how to do it on command line
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Zarel wrote:Hey, guys!

So I'm not going to have access to my Windows machine anytime soon, so I'll need to figure out how to compile Warzone on Mac OS X if you want me to fix any of the 10-or-so outstanding bugs I'm planning on fixing. ;)

Right now, I'm compiling with:

xcodebuild -project Warzone.xcodeproj -target Warzone -configuration Release -sdk macosx10.5
Which is giving me these main errors:

Any ideas?
Yup. Don't build specifying the 10.5 sdk. Use the 10.4. 10.5 isn't supported by the code.

xcodebuild -project Warzone.xcodeproj -target Warzone -configuration Release -sdk macosx10.4
Make sure the 10.4 SDK is installed, first. Check MacOSX10.4u.sdk is present in \Developer\SDKs, or go back to your Xcode 3.2 installer and check the 10.4 SDK option.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Vermithrax wrote:Yup. Don't build specifying the 10.5 sdk. Use the 10.4. 10.5 isn't supported by the code.

xcodebuild -project Warzone.xcodeproj -target Warzone -configuration Release -sdk macosx10.4
Make sure the 10.4 SDK is installed, first. Check MacOSX10.4u.sdk is present in \Developer\SDKs, or go back to your Xcode 3.2 installer and check the 10.4 SDK option.
I installed Xcode with 10.4 support, and I tried 10.4 first; it wouldn't even start compiling. Here's the error:

isoleucine:macosx zarel$ xcodebuild -project Warzone.xcodeproj -target Warzone -configuration Release -sdk macosx10.4

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET Bison OF PROJECT Warzone WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
PhaseScriptExecution "Fetch source and build" build/Warzone.build/Release/Bison.build/Script-221052070E3D22540057CD9C.sh
    cd /Users/zarel/Warzone/warzone2100-2.2.3/macosx
    [insert lots of "setenv" here]

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET Autorevision OF PROJECT Warzone WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file autorevision.cpp)
GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file autorevision.cpp)
** BUILD FAILED **
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

Zarel wrote:
I installed Xcode with 10.4 support, and I tried 10.4 first; it wouldn't even start compiling. Here's the error:
Oh, yeah. As I mentioned in my original thread about building under OS X 10.6, don't use GCC version 4.2. Specify version 4.0. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3641

No idea how to specify that from the command line, so I normally use the Xcode graphical interface.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Vermithrax wrote:Oh, yeah. As I mentioned in my original thread about building under OS X 10.6, don't use GCC version 4.2. Specify version 4.0. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3641

No idea how to specify that from the command line, so I normally use the Xcode graphical interface.
:D YOU ARE MY HERO I LOVE YOU
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

I take it that worked? :D
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yep. And now that I've committed r8156, compiles will work for everyone on Snow Leopard again. :D
Vermithrax
Trained
Trained

Post by Vermithrax »

I always knew people like us should be committed.

Edited to add...

Yes. Snow Leopard builds are working. Wasn't aware there was an issue, but I haven't done a build in a few weeks.