OSX map building

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Poseidon
New user

OSX map building

Post by Poseidon »

my question is is there any way i can build a map on a Mac???
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: OSX map building

Post by lav_coyote25 »

can the mac utilize world edit  - say in a mod like wine or whatever for linux???  or is OSX able to use windows utils/programs etc???
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Poseidon
New user

Post by Poseidon »

no not that i no of
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Poseidon wrote: my question is is there any way i can build a map on a Mac???
* The short answer is - YES !

* The longer answer, with some caveats, is this:

* You have 2 broad choices which in-turn break-down to several variants depending on which version of OSX you run and what processor on your Mac - G--series or Intel.

* And those broad alternatives are:

* 1 - Mac OS X - Virtual PC by MS (they bought-out Connectix)

* 2 - OpenOSX: runs Windows(R) on Mac OS X with OpenOSX WinTel(TM) Native on Intel(R) Macs

* Both come in several "flavors".

* I've tested both with mixed results.... I much prefer running "native" even on the cheapest Celeron.... But if you can test-drive BEFORE buying.... well then you have nothing to lose by checking-out emulation.

* However.... even if you get satisfactory results installing and running 32EW in emulation.... be forewarned.... it's quite buggy and the instructions that come with it may or may NOT work for you. They didn't work for me and it took me 3 days to sort through the mess and figure-out how to get it to function properly and.... well, it's ok now...

- rv :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

you could also try wine and a few other related projects, or qemu, both of which cost absolutely nothing, and the latter of which will do true emulation if necessary.