TRUCKS

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
ALiEN987
Greenhorn

TRUCKS

Post by ALiEN987 »

How about a structure that can build or assist buildling nearby structures. Also.. I would like to build with more shapes than just rows.. like diagonal? Or how about a command center for trucks? That would allow you to utilize your trucks better. Just more building options! Also an option that tells idle trucks to help other trucks(sometimes you dont want all of your trucks to build if your low on power). Another idea I had was a heavy truck.. with more body points and better build range and speed. It would be unlocked with ingeneering tech. What do you think?
zoid
Trained
Trained

Re: TRUCKS

Post by zoid »

Please man, we do not need a truck command center. We already have the Command Relay Post and its completely worthless. :P
As for the heavy truck, just use a heavy body and some tracks. Plus, you can research engineering upgrades that increase build speed.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Actually, heavy truck is planned for 2.3. And I've considered the ability for a CC to produce trucks, although I think people might have problems with that (not to mention the code requirements).

What would a truck command center be? A list of all trucks and what they're doing? That's what the bottom half of the Build menu is. :P
Revelo
Trained
Trained

Post by Revelo »

Zarel wrote:Actually, heavy truck is planned for 2.3. And I've considered the ability for a CC to produce trucks, although I think people might have problems with that (not to mention the code requirements).

What would a truck command center be? A list of all trucks and what they're doing? That's what the bottom half of the Build menu is. :P
TRUCK COMMAND TURRETS!
Read my review of Warzone 2100 here!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.115500
ALiEN987
Greenhorn

Post by ALiEN987 »

Well one thing that bothers me is how trucks get stuck inbetween structures.. thats why I loved vtol trucks. Is there a way to fix that without letting all other units to walk through your defense? Maybe increase the build range of trucks. Also.. it would be nice if you didnt have to click vtol rearming pads 20 times to build 20 rearming pads.. Instead.. how about you pick how many you want.. and then set where you want them. Same with factories and research centers and gens. Along with the click and drag option. Also it would be kool to click and drag in an L shap.. or in a staired shape or any shape. is it possible? One last thing.. When I finish equiping all my gens a research facilities with modules.. it still has modules in the build menu.. It would be useful if instead I could build an upgraded research facility.. just add the build time and cost of both the module and the facility or generater. Instead of saying "Research Module" it will say.. "Upgraded Research Facility" or "Upgraded Power Generater" sorry getting off topic. Another good idea would be.. Dont make the L shape or anyother build shape available until you research on ingineering upgrades. I hope it doesnt seem like im critisizing.. I love what you guys have done with warzone. I wish I could contribute but I dont know anything about programming. I hope my ideas will help.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Makes me think of a tech 2 engineering station from Supreme Commander.

I actually would support this, as even before I played Supcom I've always wanted such a thing...that is, a building that repairs nearby buildings.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

The engineering station in SupCom is fun. Could well replace automatic repair in every building when you research autorepair, IMHO.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Per wrote:The engineering station in SupCom is fun. Could well replace automatic repair in every building when you research autorepair, IMHO.
I think it shouldn't replace it, but be researched alongside perhaps. Maybe with an engineering upgrade you get to research the building.

I mean the autorepair is great because it effects everything but it's slow, the tower needs to be nearby but it works as fast as maybe 4 trucks perhaps? I think it should have a faster repair than a single truck methinks.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I could change the repair facility to repair nearby structures? And repair turrets, too - I've always thought repair turrets should be able to repair structures.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Perhaps as the repair structure technology improves (and the structure is upgraded) so too does its effectiveness and range increase.

Not further than 3 squares distance - but thats my opinion. Perhaps assigning a 'zone of travel' for trucks and engineer cyborgs would also suit the purpose?
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

I am not sure what the "heavy truck" will be good for. You can build as heavy trucks as you like by using bigger bodies however.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Omikronman wrote:I am not sure what the "heavy truck" will be good for. You can build as heavy trucks as you like by using bigger bodies however.
I'm guessing the term "Heavy Truck" is descriptive of enhanced capabilities and not a reference to its body-power plant... Though the 2 could be tied together by way of more costly bodies being a pre-requisite in researching and attaining those (or any) enhanced truck capabilities.

Regards, whip :cool:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:I'm guessing the term "Heavy Truck" is descriptive of enhanced capabilities and not a reference to its body-power plant... Though the 2 could be tied together by way of more costly bodies being a pre-requisite in researching and attaining those (or any) enhanced truck capabilities.
To be exact, my plans of it would be: More expensive, lighter, and builds faster. So "Heavy" is kind of a misnomer. "Improved Truck"? "Senior Engineer"?
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

But there seems to be no need for a improved truck. Many players use a armada of the cheap and quick to produce original trucks to build up structures "faster than light". I am sceptically if a more expensive and slower to produce improved truck will be the better choice later in a game.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote:I'm guessing the term "Heavy Truck" is descriptive of enhanced capabilities and not a reference to its body-power plant... Though the 2 could be tied together by way of more costly bodies being a pre-requisite in researching and attaining those (or any) enhanced truck capabilities.
Zarel wrote:
To be exact, my plans of it would be: More expensive, lighter, and builds faster. So "Heavy" is kind of a misnomer. "Improved Truck"? "Senior Engineer"?
I see. Makes sense. I was just looking at the history of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the highest rank was established in 1775 as
Chief Engineer (At the same time as George Washington was appointed Commander in Chief of the Continental Army by the
Second Continental Congress).

Regards, whip :cool: