TRUCKS

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
scorpion9
Greenhorn

Re: TRUCKS

Post by scorpion9 »

Heavy truck could be prerequisite for building Bastion class buildings.(and maybe some new buildings in future)
also....it would be nice if heavy trucks could dig trenches/barricades (alter the landscape) or create some other kind of impassable terrain. and only other heavy truck can destroy it.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

scorpion9 wrote:Heavy truck could be prerequisite for building Bastion class buildings.(and maybe some new buildings in future)
also....it would be nice if heavy trucks could dig trenches/barricades (alter the landscape) or create some other kind of impassable terrain. and only other heavy truck can destroy it.
Well why not take a page from history and allow engineers to build bridges and other suspended structures that allows for vehicle passage on top of them?

As for hindrances - tank traps and walls come to mind, though a degree of terrain erosion would be interesting (and could be a great defensive feature when rolled in with bridge-building/ surface evening.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Avestron wrote:Well why not take a page from history and allow engineers to build bridges and other suspended structures that allows for vehicle passage on top of them?
On the long term to-do list already. ;)

I'm impressed - your suggestions are all things that we agree are a good idea. Many of others' suggestions I've seen are of the "No, that's a terrible idea, we should never do that" variety.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Zarel wrote: On the long term to-do list already. ;)

I'm impressed - your suggestions are all things that we agree are a good idea. Many of others' suggestions I've seen are of the "No, that's a terrible idea, we should never do that" variety.
If you enjoy a game then you seek to give a little something back. While I've clearly not said anything new I am pretty sure that its only a matter of time before new grounds are charted.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Apologies for the double post. I think that this fits in here.

What if in addition to concrete walls a further structure called 'concrete layering could be constructed?

This could result in up-ramps that lead up smaller cliff faces (again with the help of bridging, and could also serve as a platform for further structures like bunkers.

Imagine the little egypt map - and imagine, if you will, that trucks are able to replicate those really nixe angled slopes, the concrete reinforcement of erodable cliffs and so on.

This could result in the creation of fortresses on completely flat maps - the hardness of concrete layers depending upon the thickness. If a layered wall is 2 layers thick (and 3 layers high, the height of hardcrete walls (though I think its height two for game purposes)) then you will see fortress-comparable HP for that hardcrete layered wall (since it is effectively nothing more than a flat-topped (or sloped in the case of unequal layered sections) wall. The bunker on top of this concrete structure would still be a bunker for HP purposes, and would individually get blown to bits atop of the layering, but would benefit from elevation.

The disadvantage is that every 2 layers is equal to a hardcrete wall in cost (1.5x the cost) but can be upgraded indefinitely for as long as a truck or engineer is on a platform within 2 altitude levels of the point being upgraded.

I personally consider this very exciting just for the thought of the massive walls that 'could' be erected. :cP
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

People already use layered walls, though... They just don't look nearly as cool. If you want to improve the graphics, go ahead.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

I think it would be awesome if the building didn't just rise out of the ground, It wound be better if it had construction animations in the future :3
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

Oh no, I never liked watch the building animations of DoW Dark Crusade. It did, however, nearly the same than Warzone: rise a building up from the ground, but this was overlayed with a building animation...
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

maybe the trucks should be inside the building while constructing

or

like a game called "Total Annihilation", where construction is call ""Nanolathing"" Nano bots are sprayed at the location & the building is constructed altogether and slowly materializes in place
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Zarel wrote:People already use layered walls, though... They just don't look nearly as cool. If you want to improve the graphics, go ahead.
I think that I've failed to convey the exact nature of that which I wish to express here.

Would you recommend a freely available 3D art package (ok I am too lazy to search - dozing off here)?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Avestron wrote:Would you recommend a freely available 3D art package (ok I am too lazy to search - dozing off here)?
Are you looking for something like Blender or Google SketchUp?
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

trueSpace is free now, but I can not remember the URL at the moment.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Omikronman wrote:trueSpace is free now, but I can not remember the URL at the moment.

http://www.caligari.com/downloads.html
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

thanks! =D
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »