Unlimited web hosting?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
craigengbrecht
Trained
Trained

Unlimited web hosting?

Post by craigengbrecht »

I am in the understanding that this site has unlimited download, and also at the same time*by my own admission* has excellent connection speed and stability.
I wonder how would you support P2P as it is popular, though not always the fastest or best choice, I wonder if it would benefit anyone in the country or otherwise who is on a very slow connection, who can only afford to be on at certain times or at certain speeds.

I am currently hosting two files, and others think it is a good idea, would it be plausible, or do we want it to stop all together?
(I use UTorrent, and www.thepiratebay.org to host my files) fairly common and easy to use things.

(Sorry to Per, I wont PM you again...) :D
AMD FX X8 3.88Ghz
16GB KVM 1333Mhz
ASUS M5A97
ASUS EAH 6850 1GB
3x ASUS 1920x1080 VW246H
1x 5000GB Primary
1x 1TB Internal
1x 3TB Internal
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Unlimited web hosting?

Post by Zarel »

craigengbrecht wrote:I am in the understanding that this site has unlimited download, and also at the same time*by my own admission* has excellent connection speed and stability.
I wonder how would you support P2P as it is popular, though not always the fastest or best choice, I wonder if it would benefit anyone in the country or otherwise who is on a very slow connection, who can only afford to be on at certain times or at certain speeds.

I am currently hosting two files, and others think it is a good idea, would it be plausible, or do we want it to stop all together?
(I use UTorrent, and http://www.thepiratebay.org to host my files) fairly common and easy to use things.

(Sorry to Per, I wont PM you again...) :D
If you're on a slow connection, a download manager should allow you to download files more quickly. DownThemAll and wxDownload look like possible choices, and should be faster than P2P (and allow resuming of interrupted downloads as well). Because of this, I see no reason to use P2P.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with P2P, and we're not going to tell you you can't use it, but we just don't understand why you would want to.
craigengbrecht
Trained
Trained

Re: Unlimited web hosting?

Post by craigengbrecht »

Point noted. I will remove my download links as they honestly are redundant.
AMD FX X8 3.88Ghz
16GB KVM 1333Mhz
ASUS M5A97
ASUS EAH 6850 1GB
3x ASUS 1920x1080 VW246H
1x 5000GB Primary
1x 1TB Internal
1x 3TB Internal