Off-scale research cost

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Nyme
Rookie
Rookie

Off-scale research cost

Post by Nyme »

This is a small thing, but I found out (numbers taken from wzguide.co.cc) that while researching Cyclone AA site costs 4800, Cyclone Hardpoint research costs 30000. Seems to me that in the hardpoint energy cost there is a one zero too much.
manaze
Trained
Trained

Re: Off-scale research cost

Post by manaze »

i noticed that too!!!!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Its the same with whirlwind hardpoints and sites, but the hardpoint would have to cost more to research because it's better wouldn't it? It still costs too much though.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Maybe because the AA Hardpoints can shoot through the walls and the AA Site don't do it and have more HP points.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

A lot of research costs are weird, though. For instance, the HPV hardpoint costs more than the HPV itself to research, while the emplacement is lots cheaper. I've redone some research costs in my rebalance; you might want to try those instead.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:A lot of research costs are weird, though. For instance, the HPV hardpoint costs more than the HPV itself to research, while the emplacement is lots cheaper. I've redone some research costs in my rebalance; you might want to try those instead.
Zarel, where i can download your rebalance mod? I'm too lazy to search in the forums. ;)
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

Black Project wrote:......where i can download your rebalance mod? I'm too lazy to search in the forums. ;)

First post in WZ Guide thread has the link to the rebalance mod: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2277&p=22173#p22173

_ Cliques are group masturbation.

_ Art is in the eye of the beholder, even the color blind.

_ The jaded are merely feckless.

_ Audacity rewards. Contrary to scripture, the meek shall only inherit indelible memories of failed nerve.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Disclaimer, the version of my rebalance with the redone research costs might not be the one on my server yet. I have a bunch of changes I haven't uploaded yet.