New Terrain

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: New Terrain

Post by stiv »

andron wrote:stiv hmm can you hear the pitiful crys of the much people who have a decent pc and want to play the new graphics but cannot because the trunk version from januar does allways crash especially in skirmish?
Indeed, I can. And I feel for them. January was long ago and trunk seems fairly stable, at least for skirmish. Putting up trunks builds is a good idea. Maybe we can do something about that.

On linux, it is not too hard to compile trunk yourself. There is a script to download the source code and fetch the necessary libraries. Windows or OSX is another story, let's not even go there.

What platform are you running?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

stiv wrote:On linux, it is not too hard to compile trunk yourself. There is a script to download the source code and fetch the necessary libraries. Windows or OSX is another story, let's not even go there.
OS X isn't. It's a matter of downloading the tarball, extracting it, double-clicking the "Warzone" project, and clicking "Build".

(Assuming you have Xcode installed. Otherwise, put "install Xcode" at the beginning of the list.)

It's really only the Windows users that are screwed.

I'd make an OS X trunk build for you guys, but the pathing in trunk is currently somewhere between "unplayable" and "really unplayable", so I'mma fix that before going further.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

but the pathing in trunk is currently somewhere between "unplayable" and "really unplayable", so I'mma fix that before going further.
What a fascinating opinion.
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

im running windows at the moment only windows normally i have dual boot but i need a bigger harddisk ;)
zimboptoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zimboptoo »

Zarel wrote:I'd make an OS X trunk build for you guys, but the pathing in trunk is currently somewhere between "unplayable" and "really unplayable", so I'mma fix that before going further.
It's the price we pay for the bleeding edge. I started with a weekly trunk build from the get-go (situations where linux is easier to get software for ftw!), so I'm used to the quirks. I've always had the new graphics, and I can't imagine downgrading.

Someday, when work doesn't suck all of the programming potential out of me, I'll start giving back. And, if it's not already fixed, pathfinding will be the first thing I'll take a look at.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Did someone say something about trunk builds?

OSX

Windows

No, don't thank me. Thank Buginator and dak180 who did the work.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Thanks stivvy.
Bring back...ducks!
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

I could not put the patch in Warzone 2100 2.3 what do I do?
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Bruno Rodolfo wrote:I could not put the patch in Warzone 2100 2.3 what do I do?
There is no patch.
This is the next version of warzone. Warzone 3.0
Ubermad
Trained
Trained

Post by Ubermad »

i cant wait to see the new textures in game for myself :D
yay, lolcakez! *omnomnomnom*