Done?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
kage
Regular
Regular

Re: Done?

Post by kage »

Buginator wrote: What is that supposed to mean? They were designed for 320x240. While 640x480 isn't that bad, the higher up you go, the uglier it gets.
As a stop gap measure, we can just play the movies at 1:1. At the very least, it provides the full campaign content to more users sooner, then if we wait for new movies (especially since we've been "hoping for the originals" for so long).
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

kage wrote:
Buginator wrote: What is that supposed to mean? They were designed for 320x240. While 640x480 isn't that bad, the higher up you go, the uglier it gets.
As a stop gap measure, we can just play the movies at 1:1. At the very least, it provides the full campaign content to more users sooner, then if we wait for new movies (especially since we've been "hoping for the originals" for so long).
Oh, we can do that with the current code, it would be a trivial change.
Might have to bring back the FMV options in the options menu, so we would have max (full screen), minimal (1:1), and maybe something else.

BTW, that isn't the holdup for the FMVs. The *planned* release is 2.2, not 2.1, since that is under a 'feature freeze'. I rather jump straight to 2.2, but that is another story. Matter of fact, I will do a poll about it. :|
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:
Zarel wrote: Lies. The 320x240 FMVs were literally designed to be upscaled to 640x480. Granted, they start to look bad at higher resolutions.
What is that supposed to mean? They were designed for 320x240. While 640x480 isn't that bad, the higher up you go, the uglier it gets.
I mean that the original game ran at 640x480 by default, so the FMVs were meant to be played at that resolution.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Added the option of FS or native for the FMVs now.