headquarter

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: headquarter

Post by elio »

update
Attachments
screen19.jpg
screen18.jpg
screen17.jpg
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

WOW,WOW, and WOW.

the quality of work here is astounding guys, just so you know that its appretiated all round by us 2100 fans, not into anything thats remotly usefull for you guys in remaking the game, but i wish i was skilled at something that would help, as i feel that im reaping the rewards without putting any work in for it.

so again thank you all for all the time, hard work and effort you put into this

ric0/norm
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

elio: I love the look of the building, and I realize you probably haven't finished the texture yet, but if you haven't thought of it already, I think that green thing that connects the foot/base of the building to the top looks like it should have some vents on it or something,
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

elio wrote:here, for use with trunk
Good Job, but implementing doesn't work both with "--mod hq.wz" and the autoload-Folder, old HQ inGame - how to implement this without replacing the Files of the warzone.wz?
EDIT: I mean the.. base.wz O_o :!!!:
EDIT 2: Doesn't even work with replacing the Files of the base.wz - there is always the old HQ.
EDIT 3: Downloaded latest Trunk r6121 - Implementing doesn't work.

By the Way: The bad Render Engine, Warzone is still using, will make High-Poly Structures lagging the Game up like Hell, i would say.. I find, we should wait with High-Poly Structures and/or use lower-Poly ones, till a new Render Engine is implemented - the current one creates just too much CPU- or GPU-Load.. :|
:ninja:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I know it's a bit late to ask that, it's already texturized and all but, anyway. The foundations would be 3x3, or 2x2?
because if it's 3x3 I think that it would be a tad too big to put as defensive structure or even outpost... hardpoints are very cheap, and with 3 blocks you could get 3 weapons, if the model for your fortress fits 4 squares it would be awesome.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:I know it's a bit late to ask that, it's already texturized and all but, anyway. The foundations would be 3x3, or 2x2?
because if it's 3x3 I think that it would be a tad too big to put as defensive structure or even outpost... hardpoints are very cheap, and with 3 blocks you could get 3 weapons, if the model for your fortress fits 4 squares it would be awesome.
Most base structure foundations are 2x2, except factories and VTOL factories, which are 3x3, and borg factories, which are 1x2.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

:D thank you very much
but implementing doesn't work both with "--mod hq.wz" and the autoload-Folder, old HQ inGame - how to implement this without replacing the Files of the warzone.wz?
open warzone.wz and hq.wz and drag the files over, then it _should_ work
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:Most base structure foundations are 2x2, except factories and VTOL factories, which are 3x3, and borg factories, which are 1x2.
Ok, but a whole new model could have a different size, now, couldn't it? And creativity isn't customary, or at least I think so.
No need to feel like I'm criticizing you, seriously, but that model could be easily 3x3 or 2x2, taking on account its wide base. And also it's wider at its base than the current HQ unless elio rescaled it from this...
<points towards this>viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2172&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p20638
...post.
:D .
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:
Zarel wrote:Most base structure foundations are 2x2, except factories and VTOL factories, which are 3x3, and borg factories, which are 1x2.
Ok, but a whole new model could have a different size, now, couldn't it? And creativity isn't customary, or at least I think so.
No need to feel like I'm criticizing you, seriously, but that model could be easily 3x3 or 2x2, taking on account its wide base. And also it's wider at its base than the current HQ unless elio rescaled it from this...
<points towards this>viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2172&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p20638
...post.
:D .
It could... the game code is flexible enough about that. Every single map, however, would need to be redesigned to work with the new HQ size, though, which is somewhat infeasible.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

In the opening vid, there are 2 dishes on top of the HQ.

Lets pretend one is for ground, and one is for air ;)
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

interesting.. hmm i see 3, one in the middle looking towards the sky
Attachments
missionend.png
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I couldn't get hq.wz to work. Did you include the wrong PIE file?
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

ah shame on me :stressed:

of course
works at me now with 2.1 beta 5 + updated texture
i had to place the file in /maps because
/mods and commandline option "--mod hq.wz" didn't work O_o
Attachments
hq.wz
(371.76 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Now it works, and it looks absolutely fantastic in-game!

A few things I noticed:
* There are a few seams visible when you look close.
* The weapon pylons are far too small to fit weapons on them. Perhaps they should be dropped.
* The building is far "cleaner" compared to the other buildings. This is a post-apocalyptic setting, so I guess even new buildings should look run-down and dirty :P
* It is now much more obvious that the base plate is ugly ;)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

elio, you did a great work on your HQ PIE, it's very beauty and futuristic, unfortunalely i can't make my on PIE's, 'cause i'm noob to do this, but well done ;)
Per wrote: * The building is far "cleaner" compared to the other buildings. This is a post-apocalyptic setting, so I guess even new buildings should look run-down and dirty :P
* It is now much more obvious that the base plate is ugly ;)
I agree with you.
Attachments
wz2100_shot_027.png
wz2100_shot_030.png