[Old thread] Are you translating warzone to your language?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Varrok
New user

Re: Are you translating warzone to your language?

Post by Varrok »

About 20%
chtsau
Greenhorn

Post by chtsau »

hello, :D
I have almost(80%)completed the translation of Traditional Chinese(zh_TW)
But there are still some problem.

1.About the story(in the black screen), is there any available string for translation in the Po file?
It was a very important part to know the background story of the game....

2.In the Po file, there are many strings which can't find in game. So I don't have to translate them?
Attachments

[The extension po has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

chtsau wrote:hello, :D
I have almost(80%)completed the translation of Traditional Chinese(zh_TW)
But there are still some problem.

1.About the story(in the black screen), is there any available string for translation in the Po file?
It was a very important part to know the background story of the game....

2.In the Po file, there are many strings which can't find in game. So I don't have to translate them?
For the story, you mean the sub-titles? If so, no we don't have those translatable yet.
When the FMVs get released in 2.2 (which should be fairly soon), that will tell you the full story.

Yes, some strings are not in the po file.

Also, if you could, please use http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket and uploaded what you have done there, so we have a record of who is doing what. Not everyone visits the forum.

Thanks!
and it ends here.
Makary
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Makary »

I made full 100% polish translation to this awesome game. I hope it has no bugs, I will change some texts later for better understand. Enyoy!
Added to tickets.
Attachments

[The extension po has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

Just created a ticket with the most recent version of PT_BR.
BTW, what's the difference between Software (colored) and Software (coloured)? O_o
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Tucalipe wrote:Just created a ticket with the most recent version of PT_BR.
BTW, what's the difference between Software (colored) and Software (coloured)? O_o
Um, UK vs US spelling.

Means same thing.
and it ends here.
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

Hm... Ok then. I put two portuguese variations for them :) (colorido and colorizado, which basically mean the same thing)
Valjack
Greenhorn

Post by Valjack »

Hello everybody :D

I'm new on the Forum. :) I've the french version of the game Warzone2100 but I don't know how can I help you for the translation ?
Must I send the program files to somebody or do something else ?

please help me !!!

PS : Is there a forum where I can present me ?
I'm French but I speak English (not well but I have a good level ^^)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Valjack wrote:Hello everybody :D

I'm new on the Forum. :) I've the french version of the game Warzone2100 but I don't know how can I help you for the translation ?
Must I send the program files to somebody or do something else ?

please help me !!!

PS : Is there a forum where I can present me ?
I think we have a French translation already, you can get the .po file, and use poedit to do modifications.
All the files are in the svn repository on GNA.

For introducing yourself, you can do that in the lounge, the off-topic area would be best.
and it ends here.
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

TheDaze wrote:Yes well, I would like to help with the slovenian translation. I can see the po file un the developement site, however, I can't seem to find a way to dl the file itself, let alone ul it after i'm done. The forums' account doesn't work there. What should I do to get proper access?

v2.1b5 already includes a partial translation. I would like to start from scratch anyway.
Hey, fellow Slovenian!

You know, i almost thought I was dreaming, when I started it up 2 days ago and stuff was written in slovenian hehe, I never thought it would be translated for our language O_O

TheDaze, if you wish, you can PM me and/or send me any stuff you have trouble with in your translation or wish to share; I will check out the partialy translated file first to see how much is already done and which words are needed further.

I'm happy that I can also contribute to this project, see you soon :)

EDIT: I downloaded the latest slovenian translation file I could find (i think) - "sl.po @ 5597", I hope this is ok... Started work - translation at 5% for now, but I'l work hard on it during the next days ;)
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

Yay, i did it! xD :D :3

The slovenian translation is 100% finished :cool:

I updated it with the latest file from the trunk; i'll keep an eye out for any further updates, but for now i think it will do - also good timing for the inclusion with the next movie release ;)

Now a bit of additional info for the native end users: I know that some of the translations sound a bit "wooden" in our language, but since the english grammar and diction is very different from ours, this should come as no surprise to you. I have spent most of my free time in the last month typing this and I have really given my best effort in to this. I have also simultaniously used 4 dictionaries & translators to get the best possible results; english-slovene, slovene-english, google translate and the slovene wikipedia's dictionary of military acronyms (very useful, kudos to the makers).
I translated most of the acronyms as well, but if you see which weapon is used, then you'll know the meaning as well :) Anyway, if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know (we can als make another separate thread for this).

Bye, T.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Just a quick FYI, we only have room for 60 chars *max* for unit description!
Keep this in mind.

If we were to increase that, it would break savegames.

For example, "VTOL Hyper Velocity Cannon Retaliation VTOL" is 43 characters. If you translation of that is above 60, then it gets cut off.
and it ends here.
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

Buginator wrote:Just a quick FYI, we only have room for 60 chars *max* for unit description!
Keep this in mind.

If we were to increase that, it would break savegames.

For example, "VTOL Hyper Velocity Cannon Retaliation VTOL" is 43 characters. If you translation of that is above 60, then it gets cut off.
Thx for this info :) I only wish it was posted earlier (before i started to translate), since now I'll have to go through all strings and check their lenght :P But I think that it should be ok anyway, becouse I paid attention to the lenght becouse of the graphic interfaces :-S Thanks again, see you soon!
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Russian Translation

Post by stiv »

In the tracker, we have at least 3 tickets for the Russian translation:
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/334
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/321
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/298

Perhaps the native speakers of this incomprehensible language can get together and create *one* version that can be committed.

Don't forget the 60 character maximum!
alfie275
New user

Post by alfie275 »

Do you need it in LAtin be any chance?