*Real* nightly builds! [NO LONGER AVAILABLE]

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Giel
Regular
Regular

*Real* nightly builds! [NO LONGER AVAILABLE]

Post by Giel »

NIGHTLY BUILDS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

-----

As some of you might have noticed, I got lazy with providing nightly builds. This was mainly because it took me about an hour at the very least for every "nightly build" I did.

So to fix this I've taken the "lazy programmer"'s approach, namely, if you don't want to do it yourself, write a program that does it for you! Thus I wrote a program/script which will produce new nightly builds at night automatically. I don't need to do a thing for it anymore (aside from removing old ones when diskspace becomes a problem).

So I will no longer keep you waiting. You can find the latest nightly builds (or rather "build" at the time of writing) here: http://warzone.mortis.eu/nightly-builds/

For every build, a debug and non-debug version is available. From these two the non-debug version will probably be the nicest & easiest to play with. The debug version, however, provides the most information, to well, DeBug, in other words fix (potential) errors.

When you experience a crash with one of these nightly builds, please make sure to include the info from the warzone2100.RPT file (in your installation directory/folder) with your bugreport. The info contained in stdout.txt and stderr.txt might be helpful as well. So please keep the contents of all three (3) of this files at the ready (they will be overwritten if your restart Warzone, so the info in them will become useless for the previous crash). Also make note of the revision you used when reporting a bug, crash, etc (the revision is the rNUMBER in the filename).
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: *Real* nightly builds!

Post by Buginator »

Nice. :)

Now all we need now is for you to make a .exe for ever revision of wz, so we can track down when something broke  ;D
We are only talking a few thousand files.  ???
and it ends here.
Player1
Greenhorn

Post by Player1 »

What, exactly, is a "nightly build"? ???
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

A snapshot of the Trunk, each day.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The trunk is the development version. The stuff the developers work on each day.
So the nightly build would have all the newest things, like the shiny features and crushing bugs we talk about each day. ;)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

is there a way to know, what has changed on each build?, or what was tried to be improved?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

winsrp wrote: is there a way to know, what has changed on each build?, or what was tried to be improved?
https://trac.wz2100.net/timeline
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

cool thanks for the info... by the way can i post bugs on the nigtly build?...  ???
Last edited by winsrp on 21 May 2008, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

If by "pots" you mean "post" then YES!, just head over to the bugtracker and if you found a bug that isn't there add it.

If anything, bug reports from the nightly build (-debug) versions are more usefull than those from beta2 as alto of work has been done since beta2 was released.

Just remember to include which revision (r-number) you used.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

allright... cool... ill be downloading a version about each day, at work, and play/mod at night, so i have a good change of finding bugs.

and yes was post... and was corrected right after you wrote, but it guess you were already replying.  :P

Any way my english is not my best language... since im from latin america, so spanish is my best.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

I got a virus warning while installing 5215.

not sure if it's a false positive, but thought I better throw it out there.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Thanks for this, now I won't have to wait!
Bring back...ducks!
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

@ouch: I installed the 5215 yesterday, got no virus warnings (AVG8). what was the virus name your AV gave you? if it's something with "generic" then it's most likely a false positive.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

No NEXUS virus quips, people, or I will cut you.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Chojun wrote:No NEXUS virus quips, people, or I will cut you.
That's my response down the pan.

On a serious note, I would recommend that you submit the offending version to the developer of your anti-virus software. Normally they are quite receptive. The Py2exe project (I subscribe to their mailing list) seems to get false-positive reports going on every other week from various AV software. Given the file, however, the developers normally do update their malicious file databases within a few days.

Regards, Freddie.