Menu background revived

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: Menu background revived

Post by Hatsjoe »

With the basement, you mean the concrete area on which the entire structure, (includig the pipes and silo) is resting. As in "foundation" ? Or do you mean the concrete part underneath the factory itself ?

Since you're saying: make it look more random and more tied to the terrain i suppose you mean the entire concrete plateau. But why would any engineer/architect prefer to make that in  a random shape ? it,s cheaper, easier, and looks better to do a square.

If this is not what you meant, my apologies

Edit: I just thought of this other possibility. Did you mean the material that i used ? Do you think it's to clean, there should be sand on it from the environment ? If so, I can kinda understand.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I think he means that it would look better if the square foundation would not look like a square foundation in the mid of terrain of exactly the same height.
I further interprete him suggesting that you should varry the surrounding terrain in height and at some places raise the terrain over the foundation. (As if some sand was blown over it, eg. Or as if some ground would have been pushed over it, eg. by erosion, or wheels/tracks.)
Hope this is ok to understand... I'm lacking the correct words to explain it, I think.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

I think he means that it would look better if the square foundation would not look like a square foundation in the mid of terrain of exactly the same height.
I further interprete him suggesting that you should varry the surrounding terrain in height and at some places raise the terrain over the foundation. (As if some sand was blown over it, eg. Or as if some ground would have been pushed over it, eg. by erosion, or wheels/tracks.)
Hope this is ok to understand...

Yes.. this is exactly what I meant.
I'm lacking the correct words to explain it, I think.
And this was my problem  :D
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

nothing to do with the topic i know but joe what the hell is that unit? i suppose its a new super heavy body or what?? xD
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

ArchAngel wrote: nothing to do with the topic i know but joe what the hell is that unit? i suppose its a new super heavy body or what?? xD
Lol, it's an old body mod i make. Called Scorpion! If you want I can send you the pie file. And btw; the name's william :)
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

sure its nice ^.^

i don't even know what a pie file is..

i know what a pie is :D love em,... but umm ye, my names Andraeus, but Andy pls ^^
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

looks great. i think the lettering on the factory ("f1") shouldn't have such hard edges -- if it were to look just a little splotched or worn around the edges, i think it'd look authentically painted on  :)
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

kage wrote: looks great. i think the lettering on the factory ("f1") shouldn't have such hard edges -- if it were to look just a little splotched or worn around the edges, i think it'd look authentically painted on  :)
I ve had some requests to do the "F1" in 3D as if its been soldered on or something. so it wouldn't be logical if it had cracked/paint like sides. I kinda like it this way. Makes it look tougher :)
Granneman
New user

Post by Granneman »

Sorry for replying to this old? post, but I wanted to come with a suggestion, I think the background(sky) should be out of focus to appear more real, as it is a bit strange that everything in the picture no matter the distance is in focus. I think this would be a huge improvement. :)

Edit: When I think about it, that is not correct, after some testing, I think the contrast in the background you use is to high, atleast, that is my opinion.