Warzone2100 4.0.0 Design from scratch for future processors.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Warzone2100 4.0.0 Design from scratch for future processors.

Post by pastdue »

moltengear wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 17:44 Sorry, but can I just get the project files for Visual Studio. I do not want to engage in CMake now.
CMake is now used to generate the Visual Studio project files.

If you're using an updated version of Visual Studio 2017, you should also be able to open the CMake project in Visual Studio. (You'll want to review the README.md in the repo which has tips on how to set this up.)
moltengear
Trained
Trained

Post by moltengear »

Let's then give up the visual studio. We will only support the gcc compiler for all OS.
In order to facilitate the assembly. I don't like that in the process of assembling a lot of different modules are downloaded, each can change and break everything in future.
I don't like that QT is used more and more here. Its use is not frozen.
A connected internet is also required for building the project. This of course reduces the safety of developers and also people who use the writings of developers.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

moltengear wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 21:19 Let's then give up the visual studio. We will only support the gcc compiler for all OS.
There's no need to do this. The CMake project now builds via Visual Studio, GCC, Clang, and Xcode. Successfully.

moltengear wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 21:19 I don't like that QT is used more and more here. Its use is not frozen.
Qt is being used less and less. The major remaining use is for QtScript, which is on the to-do list to be replaced.

moltengear wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 21:19 A connected internet is also required for building the project. This of course reduces the safety of developers and also people who use the writings of developers.
As long as you have downloaded & installed the required dependencies, there is no need for an Internet connection to build.