Outstanding general issues

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Outstanding general issues

Post by Bethrezen »

Which files where the fixes for issues 9.) and 10.) made in because I'm not seeing the effect of that change so what I'll need to do is try extracting the relevant files from the latest master and then adding them to warzone2100-master-20180204-051309-ab17b9b.exe as a mod because that is the last version of master that worked for me so for the time being I'm just trying to work around it.

or was the change in one of the files that make up the main warzone.exe in which case I'm pretty much stuffed.

[edit]
spent a little time updating this some, so now all the screen shot are uploaded to the forum, I also added the missing screen shots, updated the save file for the commander bug so it shouldn't crash when you try to load it with the latest master any more, and just in case anyone has issues getting the save to load I also attached a short video clip demonstrating the issue.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Thank you for updating the bug list. I appreciate it!
Bethrezen wrote:Which files where the fixes for issues 9.) and 10.) made in because I'm not seeing the effect of that change so what I'll need to do is try extracting the relevant files from the latest master and then adding them to warzone2100-master-20180204-051309-ab17b9b.exe as a mod because that is the last version of master that worked for me so for the time being I'm just trying to work around it.

or was the change in one of the files that make up the main warzone.exe in which case I'm pretty much stuffed. [...]
Problem 9.) was fixed in ticket #4605 and problem 10.) was fixed in ticket #4656.

Both Trac tickets contain patch files. Assuming you cloned our Github repository and know how to compile, you can apply them by
  1. placing them in your source code directory
  2. changing your working directory to your source code directory
  3. executing

Code: Select all

git am crosshair_cursor_position.patch ticket_4656_all_2_commits.patch
After recompiling, you should then see their effects.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Forgon wrote:Problem 9.) was fixed in ticket #4605 and problem 10.) was fixed in ticket #4656.

Both Trac tickets contain patch files. Assuming you cloned our Github repository and know how to compile, you can apply them by
  1. placing them in your source code directory
  2. changing your working directory to your source code directory
  3. executing

git am crosshair_cursor_position.patch ticket_4656_all_2_commits.patch
After recompiling, you should then see their effects.
unfortunately not my knowledge of programming is rudimentary at best probably equivalent to what they teach you in high school if you take IT.

So much so that I struggled enough just write this simple little hover script, but i got there in the end with a bit of help.

function hoveron(event)
{
  var target = event.target;
  var attribute = target.parentNode.getAttribute('data-name');

var id = document.getElementById(attribute);
  id.style.cssText = "border:1px dashed red; margin:-5px 0 0 -5px; padding:4px; border-radius:10px;";
}

function hoveroff(event)
{
  var target = event.target;
  var attribute = target.parentNode.getAttribute('data-name');

var id = document.getElementById(attribute);
  id.style.cssText = "";
}

var cells = document.querySelectorAll("td");
for (i = 0; i < cells.length; i++)
{
  cells[i].addEventListener("mouseover", hoveron);
  cells[i].addEventListener("mouseout", hoveroff);
}
So unfortunately when it comes to compiling stuff that's way beyond my level of knowledge and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

It's why I was hoping it would simply be a case of just extracting a couple of files from the latest master zipping them up and then dropping them in the mod folder.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I can confirm that issue 9) and 10) are fixed. Tested with master cc56eb1.