3DsMax_Plugin_Source

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

3DsMax_Plugin_Source

Post by Terminator »

Here is the source code of that workble plugin. That programer who did this dont want to waste time on this plugin so. It still dont export textures information but models exports.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
link > http://krossfire-rus.kknd2.com/wz/PiePl ... ce.tar.bz2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
workble plugin > http://krossfire-rus.kknd2.com/wz/Other ... porter.dle
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
DRIES
New user

Re: 3DsMax_Plugin_Source

Post by DRIES »

can i add textures to the model cause when i try there comes an error and 3D max closes. Is there a newer plugin or can anyone make/compile a good one for 3D max 8?
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

as far as i know, this plugin was used by the original warzone developers (in the 90s) for models only -- there is no newer plugin, and if you texture the model at all in 3dsmax before export, as terminator said, it won't export those, so you'd just be wasting your time.

at this rate, it looks like the main effort is in making a blender plugin -- you'd still be able to use 3dsmax, but, once the plugin is finished, you'd have to import your .3ds file into blender and then export it to .pie.
DRIES
New user

Post by DRIES »

and is there allready a plugin for blender or when does it comes out?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

as far as i know - there is no one working on a plugin for blender for warzone 2100.

also the plugin for pieslicer i believe it was for version 3 of max.  ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I have a half-working import plugin for Blender, it loads the vertices, faces and textures are still missing, and it doesn't deal with multi-model PIEs. I guess I'll finish that someday, but I probably won't write an export plugin. The PIE format has a limited resolution for vertex and texture coordinates (not to speak of the texture pages), so what looks perfect in Blender might look like crap when exported to PIE.

There was also Rodzilla's import plugin, which noone seems to have anymore (and that didn't load textures, at least not for me, I think he said it worked for him), and he said on RTS.net somewhere that he'll write an export plugin once someone shows an actual new model for Warzone (which never happened before he disappeared).
We want information... information... information.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

cybersphinx wrote: I have a half-working import plugin for Blender, it loads the vertices, faces and textures are still missing, and it doesn't deal with multi-model PIEs. I guess I'll finish that someday, but I probably won't write an export plugin. The PIE format has a limited resolution for vertex and texture coordinates (not to speak of the texture pages), so what looks perfect in Blender might look like crap when exported to PIE.

There was also Rodzilla's import plugin, which noone seems to have anymore (and that didn't load textures, at least not for me, I think he said it worked for him), and he said on RTS.net somewhere that he'll write an export plugin once someone shows an actual new model for Warzone (which never happened before he disappeared).
that's the trouble with using something not specifically designed for the format -- you'll have to fudge your work a bit to get it to export to a valid format. the point resolution is going to be the easiest thing to enhance if we stick with the pie format: the format itself shouldn't have too much trouble accepting floating point numbers for those, and thus that part could be fairly blender compatible. as for the other things, the only way to make it work well would to add an export ui to an export script, that would find all the blenderisms that can't be directly dumped to the pie format, and ask the user how they want to modify it (such as modifying uv wrapping to adhere to pie-equivalent requirements, with a "snap to" effect for each offending texture, allowing the user to adjust as needed to both look fairly good and be compliant. in spite of that though, texture support, in and of itself would be extremely difficult to implement for export, and it might be worth switching to a better format, hopefully one that doesn't sacrifice speed for required features.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

cybersphinx wrote:I have a half-working import plugin for Blender, it loads the vertices, faces and textures are still missing, and it doesn't deal with multi-model PIEs. I guess I'll finish that someday, but I probably won't write an export plugin. The PIE format has a limited resolution for vertex and texture coordinates (not to speak of the texture pages), so what looks perfect in Blender might look like crap when exported to PIE.
How about putting it in a 'tools' directory and committing that to svn?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I'll attach my current version here (don't have SVN access). It's quite hackish, as that's the first thing I've done with Python, and don't know the library functions and stuff. As I said, only imports vertices, and only those of the first model. PIE files that have a structure different from those few files I've tested with are likely not to work.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

We want information... information... information.
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

test it with this:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3f9770/

it is my headquarters so far....
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
Slye_Fox
Trained
Trained

Post by Slye_Fox »

Does this exporter work with 3Ds 7?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Slye_Fox wrote: Does this exporter work with 3Ds 7?
yeaa. I tested this exporter only on 3DsMax7, but i think its must to work on 5,6,7,8,9 Maxs
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100