Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Tenoh »

Thank you very much! I am happy to see what else i can find for you!

*edit* still not good. Unit got to it,i hear : Units rescued! but donate units not happening, Collective tanks are not advancing,only cyborg patrols... sry

--- Starting log [C:\Users\Tenoh\OneDrive\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.2\logs\WZlog-0406_122436.txt]---
info |12:24:36: [realmain:938] Using C:\Users\Tenoh\OneDrive\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.2\logs\WZlog-0406_122436.txt debug file
error |12:25:39: [callFunction:186] 0 : preDamageUnits() at script/campaign/cam2-1x.js:51
error |12:25:39: [callFunction:186] 1 : updateTransportUnits() at script/campaign/cam2-1x.js:118
error |12:25:39: [callFunction:186] 2 : <global>() at -1
info |12:25:39: [callFunction:189] Uncaught exception calling function "updateTransportUnits" at line 51: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setHealth
info |12:25:39: [callFunction:189] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:189 (false), last script event: 'N/A'
error |12:26:28: [callFunction:186] 0 : <anonymous>(droid = [object Object]) at script/campaign/cam2-1x.js:34
error |12:26:28: [callFunction:186] 1 : <anonymous>(droid = [object Object]) at script/campaign/libcampaign.js:2350
error |12:26:28: [callFunction:186] 2 : <anonymous>([object Object]) at script/campaign/libcampaign.js:2372
error |12:26:28: [callFunction:186] 3 : <global>() at -1
info |12:26:28: [callFunction:189] Uncaught exception calling function "eventAreacrashSite" at line 34: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: changePlayerColour
info |12:26:28: [callFunction:189] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:189 (false), last script event: 'N/A'
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Tenoh wrote:*edit* still not good. Unit got to it,i hear : Units rescued! but donate units not happening, Collective tanks are not advancing,only cyborg patrols... sry
:? I just compiled the latest git master with the mod loaded and I completed 2-1 without seeing those errors (there was a non-fatal fpath error and an invincible tank trap that spawned without collision?!). Try git master here and load a save before this mission. Also those tanks are not supposed to move unless you flee from them.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

master doesnt like my saved games and i dont feel yet to start over from alfa.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Tenoh wrote:master doesnt like my saved games and i dont feel yet to start over from alfa.
well, i decided to do it regardless... master looked good so far. Alfa no problems at all. even old script bugs were gone. Doing Beta now. Got to the transport and all went fine!
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Tenoh wrote:Doing Beta now. Got to the transport and all went fine!
Good to know.

You do not have to report about mission errors in 2-B/2-7/2-8/2-end since those mission scripts are not converted to JavaScript yet.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Tenoh wrote:Doing Beta now. Got to the transport and all went fine!
Good to know.

You do not have to report about mission errors in 2-B/2-7/2-8/2-end since those mission scripts are not converted to JavaScript yet.
Let me know when they are rdy.
Brother Tankred
New user

Post by Brother Tankred »

Not sure if this helps but I was playing a campaign game in 3.2.3 and after the end of Alpha campaign (in the first mission of Beta) my game could no longer load the saves I had (even old saves from first campaign).

All the files relevant to this are in ticket #4581.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Have some more stuff for you all to test. This update converts all Beta scripts except for the last mission and fixes bugs with Alpha 1-B and Beta 2-1.

Requires video sequences and the latest master build as ticket #4581 will break your saves. I need tests done on missions 1-B(Alpha 2), 2-B, 2-7, and 2-8. These mission identifiers can be found near the blue control panel.

Tickets #4427 and #3946 say that all power is transferred from one campaign to the next. Does anyone know if that happens in the original campaign?
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

@Berserk Cyborg
What do I have to do with the file, when I want to use it?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Actually you only need the latest master since it has all the changes from the mod I uploaded.

For campaign mods, go into the mods folder and create a folder named campaign and put the mod in it. Then use --mod_ca= followed by the mod name from a terminal to start Warzone with that mod.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I tested cam1b with the latest master several times. I used an old saved game from the end of cam1a and it worked fine. Then I used an old saved game from the beginning of cam1b and it didn't end. Then I started a new campaign and saved the game at the end of cam1a and at the beginning of cam1b. With this new saved games everything worked fine. At every test I let the Sensor Truck of the New Paradigm escape.
I probably found a new bug at cam1a. When I start an new campaign Scavenger get produced in their factories. When I reload a new saved game of cam1a no scavenger get produced. I add two saved games (failed cam1b and cam1a with no Scavenger production) and the logs of all tests. If necessary I can open a new ticket for the bug in cam1a.
Attachments
tested cam_1a and cam_1b.zip
(125.81 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

You probably encountered the bug in ticket #4441. From what I can tell it breaks progress also.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I tested cam_2b several times. Looks good. Factories are working and the collective is running counter attacks like they did in 3.1.5. What I particularly like are the collective trucks building new defense structures. Very fine. Only when I reloaded a saved game the factories are no longer working. Probably again the bug of ticket #4441. And an error message. I add the log file and two saved games.
Should I pay attention to something special when testing beta 7 and 8?
Attachments
cam_2b.zip
(370.65 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Now I tested beta 7 and 8. When you start with a saved game from the stage before everything works fine. When you reload a saved game from the stage you want to play factories are no longer working and you get the following error message: [callFunction:209] 1 : <global>() at -1
In an another test I get this error message: [fpathRoute:322] Droid trying to find path to/from invalid location
It's the same error message like in beta 2. I add two saved games and the logs for these two error messages.
Both error messages in beta 7 and 8, but not in beta 3, 4, 5 or 6.
Generally it tooks a very long time between clicking to reload a saved game and the moment when I really can play. Sometimes almost one minute.
Attachments
sub2d.zip
(487.74 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
sub_2d.zip
(343.3 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Thanks for testing! I will try fixing the factory production bug in the campaign library. Not sure what is causing the path finding error, but from what I can tell enemy units move to the desired positions (if any).