Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Reason why that save does not progress is in:

Code: Select all

function camAllEnemyBasesEliminated()
{
	// FIXME: O(n) lookup here
	return __camNumEnemyBases === Object.keys(__camEnemyBases).length;
}
__camNumEnemyBases is 18 and Object.keys(__camEnemyBases).length is 12. Somehow __camNumEnemyBases got incremented six more times than it should have and breaks the standard victory conditions. Need to look into this situation some more.

The scavengers getting stuck is a problem with path finding.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Alpha 07, Alpha 08
Both of these seem to be fine no errors

Alpha 09
For the most part this levels seems to work correctly the drop ship is now making multiple drops, the factories and building and sending troops to attack as expected.

Though i did get one error when i blew up one of there factories here is the log.

--- Starting log [C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Desktop\Warzone 2100_portable-master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-0817_191011.txt]---
info    |07:47:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |07:47:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |07:47:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |07:47:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
error   |08:28:04: [recvStructureInfo:349] Could not find structure 279 to change production for
my only real issue with this level now is the time limit, 40 minuets just isn't enough, because by the time i have researched Composite Alloys mk2 and the Python Heavy Body, and subsequently recycled and upgraded my troops i only have 25 minuets left, and that's not really enough, to be able to do the level without a serious amount of rushing, and this is not helped by having to wait 3 minuets to bring in reinforcements which slows me down even more, so I'm of the opinion that this level needs at least another 15 minuets to give players enough time to upgrade there units and still have enough time to complete the level without having to rush, either that or players should be able to start the upgrade precess on Alpha 08.

Now i know that i could do the whole upgrading thing while on the away map but personally I'm of the opinion that doing so needlessly complicates matters and personally I'd much rather handle this before taking off so that i can concentrate fully on the mission.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: Though i did get one error when i blew up one of there factories here is the log.
Made this happen less often now.

I'll add more time for Alpha 9 next.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Upgraded to master 807340c

Alpha 8
Looks good.

Alpha 9
All as expected. The NP get now several reinforcements and is always attacking. Factories are all working.

Alpha 10
Also fine. The cyborgs now attacks buildings nearby. Not as consistent as a human player, but much better than before.

What I miss in alpha 9 and 10 is the enemy transport detected warning sound (pcv395.ogg). Would be more consistent, if you get the warning.

And of course the known messages in the logs, but no errors.
Bethrezen wrote:my only real issue with this level now is the time limit, 40 minuets just isn't enough, because by the time i have researched Composite Alloys mk2 and the Python Heavy Body, and subsequently recycled and upgraded my troops i only have 25 minuets left, and that's not really enough, to be able to do the level without a serious amount of rushing, and this is not helped by having to wait 3 minuets to bring in reinforcements which slows me down even more, so I'm of the opinion that this level needs at least another 15 minuets to give players enough time to upgrade there units and still have enough time to complete the level without having to rush, either that or players should be able to start the upgrade precess on Alpha 08.

Now i know that i could do the whole upgrading thing while on the away map but personally I'm of the opinion that doing so needlessly complicates matters and personally I'd much rather handle this before taking off so that i can concentrate fully on the mission.
I think with a difficulty called "insane" you should be forced to do several things at the same time instead of one after the other. But it is well known, that Bethrezen and I have contrary opinions about that. It would be a more usefull discussion if not only us two discuss that. Unfortunately are the other players watching our discussion but are not participating. :(
Attachments
logs alpha 8-10.zip
(10.89 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote: What I miss in alpha 9 and 10 is the enemy transport detected warning sound (pcv395.ogg). Would be more consistent, if you get the warning.
It does play after the transporter lands. Probably should move it so it plays once the transporter appears on map.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I don't mean the warning after the transporter landed. That warning comes. I mean the warning when the transporter ist still in the air. This are two different warnings. One when the transport is detected in the air and another when when the troops have left the transporter. I mean the first one.
Look at the deleted line 70 of the changed file in commit 57f41f0

https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 566b91d115
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

That comment was misleading as it was the "incoming enemy transport" message. It should have been pcv381.ogg which is "enemy transport detected" I presume? I currently have it set up to play pcv381 when it appears on map and pcv395 when it has landed.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Yes you are right, I mixed up the messages. But in alpha 9 and 10 it is only the sound played when it has landed and not when it appears.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

See c39da0858ba7f1926b8633859e85ade8166610d9. It will warn the player about enemy transporters as they enter the map.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Works in alpha 9 and 10
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

When any of you get to the end of Alpha could you make a list of: needs improvement/needs fixing/suggestions or whatever else? Thanks.

For anyone interested in the campaign library code, I found why base detection doesn't work. The group labels for the bases (set in camSetEnemyBases()) are no longer active after load.

Edit:
I pushed e90d50791c18526e311432263e08ac9e32453b5a which should fix enemy base detection when loading a save.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Finished with testing alpha campaign.

Alpha 11
Looks good. What I noticed is, that the winning conditions are now pick up the artifact and destroy anything of the NP. As far as I know the winning conditions were picking up the artifact and destroy all troops of the NP. It was not necessary to destroy all buildings. I'm not sure if we should stay with what we have or should go back to the old conditions. I like it as it is, but on insane it could be a little bit to tough for some players to destroy the NP complete in the shorter time.

Alpha 12
Still very tough, but I could finish the stage in time and get prepared for beta. NP Landing zone is now down, when the buildings are destroyed.

After updating to master e90d507 I tested if the bug in alpha 5 is still alive, but now everything is working as it should.

As a summary alpha campaign looks good now. The time modifier of 0.67 for insane seems to be a good compromise. 0.5 would be too tight and 0.75 was in my opinion not tight enough for insane. For the thinking about giving alpha 9 a bit more time I think it would be helpfull if the reload/save bug with in away-missions build units could be fixed. If you don't have to care, that your units get stuck in the SE corner it would be easier to handle to upgrade your units during the away-mission. And also to get prepared for mission like alpha 10 by producing your units during the away-misson.

In alpha 5 the NP should be less defensive. At the moment it's more like clay pigeon shooting than a real fight.

A personal favour for me to get changed is the hold-order. Due to the change from a secondary to a primary order this order is now absolut useless. If you give trucks the order to hold they move as soon as there is something build near to them. Even if this make sense or not. Also repair units are moving when a unit nearby get damaged. Even if it would be not necessary to move to repair the unit. They are spinning around and getting in the line of fire and commit suicide.
What I like to have is, that they don't move until they get the order to move from me. Or they are damaged so that they retreat to repair. I apologize for getting rude but the current hold order sucks. In my eyes the worst change ever. Made a helpfull order to a useless nonsense. :evil:

What I also thinking about is an idea from Bethrezen. What about making the enemy stronger in dependence of difficulty? For example that their armor and the damage they deal increase to 110% in hard and 125% in insane. In that case it would be more sensible to give some stages more time.
Attachments
logs alpha 11 + 12.zip
(5 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

In cam1-7.js (line: #168):

function eventPickup(droid, feature)
Shouldn't that have the parameters switched, and be the following?

function eventPickup(feature, droid)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

@pastdue - Yep, the order should be switched. I admit the cam1-7 script is probably the ugliest mission script (didn't know as much as I do now). Good news is that I fixed it up and it looks much better now.

@alfred007 - Thanks for the feedback. I switched Alpha 11 victory to count only troops being destroyed.

Unless anything critical is found, I will push more updates once I finish the cam3-c scripts. I don't have much advise for Beta except for to stay away from those tank killer rockets. They live up to their reputation once again.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Alpha 09
Due to the issue with alpha 10 I reloaded this and started again and while everything continues to play fine I did get a couple of errors here is the log

--- Starting log [C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Desktop\Warzone 2100_portable-master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-0819_182005.txt]---
error   |06:24:25: [js_hackRemoveMessage:4035] cannot find message - C1-5_BASE2
error   |06:26:43: [js_hackRemoveMessage:4035] cannot find message - C1-5_BASE3 
Alpha 10
Ok so just started this and I'm getting an incredibly irritating issue with my commanders not behaving correctly.

Normally on this level I will have one squad of tracked heavy body lancers attached to a tracked heavy body commander to the north and another to the south to intercept the computers tanks as they enter the map, and I will recycle my lancers that are on half tracks and turn them into a heavy machine gun group and attach them to a third commander and I'll use that squad to go after the computers cyborgs.

However commander 1 to the south and commander 2 which usually leads the heavy machine gun squad are being treated as the same unit so when I try to attach units to commander 1 they get attached to commander 2.

Which as I'm sure you can imagine is severely screwing up my ability to do this level since I can't command and control my teams properly due to this bug.

Now so far as I can tell this only seems to happen if I save on alpha 10 and then reload that save if I play through from alpha 09 then everything seems to work correctly and this problem doesn't happen.

I've attached the save for alpha 10
Attachments
Alpha 10.7z
(51.93 KiB) Downloaded 153 times