[PETITION] Take back 3.2 release.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
AK_ROSH
Greenhorn

[PETITION] Take back 3.2 release.

Post by AK_ROSH »

One again devs completely set aside multiplayer community and released 3.2 is hurry. 3.2.x is bad release as multiplay point of view (most IRC players agree on it and there was an anonymous rant that get our attention too) and otherwise. (Things i noticed in just 2 launches..) Broken tech tree, broken 3.1.x mod compatibility (undefined things if host 3.1 mod map, no no... not a crash) (for the love of god wheres you hard coding skill this time), other hardcoded things (annoying hover mouse sound on everything).
The main point is that nowadays 3.2.x mutiplay games lack hosts but not players and the last stable known version lacks players but not hosts. (AND THERE IS STUPID HARDCODED LOBBY STUFFS)
You guys took your own path, not giving modders a opportunity to port there mods and there was not a single beta multiplay test (don't know if you guys have done in secret).

I'm asking to just take back 3.2 release and put it in beta state, so players can downloads last stable version again (just re-release it or whatever).

Note: Ignore any grammer errors, i'm not good at language. :lecture:

[EDIT:] added topic icon
Last edited by AK_ROSH on 16 Aug 2016, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
AK_ROSH
Greenhorn

Re: [PETITION] Take back 3.2 release.

Post by AK_ROSH »

/signed
Caluss
New user

Post by Caluss »

it not only has multiplayer broken, but campaign game is also broken!
this why it is very bad to release a game in such a broken state. :(
it is bad for warzone community!
it is bad for reputation!
it was rushed out the door for no reason with no RC builds.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12507#p134590
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

AK_ROSH wrote:there was not a single beta multiplay test
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12467
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12474
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12481
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12492
AK_ROSH wrote:broken 3.1.x mod compatibility
FAQ.
AK_ROSH wrote:not giving modders a opportunity to port there mods
I ported NullBot many *years* before the beta. Everybody had a huge amount of time to do that.

P.S. i have no opinion on the subject.
Rodders
New user

Post by Rodders »

Signed. Most bugged release of WZ I can think of. Campaign is wrecked.
KillerChinchilla69
Trained
Trained

Post by KillerChinchilla69 »

Why was tech tree changed?
Why were arrows added for screen movements? It worked fine before, why change it. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
Why was the hover over sound added in the menu? Its so annoying! Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

I think 3.1.5 should be available for download. Please make it THE version available for download until these issues get figured out.
Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N9DDhoAV5EnwuogOI7M1g
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/killerchinchilla69
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

AK_ROSH wrote:One again devs completely set aside multiplayer community and released 3.2 is hurry. 3.2.x is bad release as multiplay point of view (most IRC players agree on it and there was an anonymous rant that get our attention too) and otherwise. (Things i noticed in just 2 launches..) Broken tech tree, broken 3.1.x mod compatibility (undefined things if host 3.1 mod map, no no... not a crash) (for the love of god wheres you hard coding skill this time), other hardcoded things (annoying hover mouse sound on everything).
The main point is that nowadays 3.2.x mutiplay games lack hosts but not players and the last stable known version lacks players but not hosts. (AND THERE IS STUPID HARDCODED LOBBY STUFFS)
You guys took your own path, not giving modders a opportunity to port there mods and there was not a single beta multiplay test (don't know if you guys have done in secret).

I'm asking to just take back 3.2 release and put it in beta state, so players can downloads last stable version again (just re-release it or whatever).

Note: Ignore any grammer errors, i'm not good at language. :lecture:

[EDIT:] added topic icon

Hey Rosh,

What do you mean about tech tree changed? Can you give specifics? I didn't notice hardly any changes.

Broken 3.1 mods should be easy to fix. I found that porting the spectator mod to 3.2 only took a few seconds, it was just a matter of replacing the old rules.js with the new rules.js and then editing 1 line. Porting NoArty mod to 3.2 shouldn't be hard, I can do it if it's wanted. I can't think of any other mod that needs to be ported but let me know.

I don't care much for the hover-over sound effect on the menus but I understand why it was done. There are some buttons on the menu's that do not appear to be buttons so new players would never know that part of the menu was clickable. The only other alternative to a sound effect would be to change the icon/button when it's hovered over to indicate that it's clickable but I understand that is a lot more work.

I didn't like the cursor changing to arrows when moving but I got used to it already. I don't notice anymore. I really don't have a preference on this.

I've yet to launch campaign in 3.2 so I can't speak about that.